Koi Food Resource

Athens, PA

The VA clinic is probably 5 or 6 blocks from me. The town I am in is very small. We have been told they do not want him to drive for 6-8 weeks. The doctor indicated that he does not want him in the front seat where an airbag can deploy into his chest - and honestly I would not have thought of that if the doctor had not mentioned it. Dave will have to go to dr appts after I get out of work.

Dave is definitely a handful - to put it mildly. I am sure that I am a handful to him as well.

We are having dinner with my Dad tomorrow night, so I will definitely bring it up to them. He may be able to help. Definitely a good idea.

I do appreciate your tips. Thank you so much.

This message was edited Dec 9, 2013 1:26 PM

Virginia Beach, VA

I am relieved that the VA is close to you.
I remember now about patient sitting at the back.

You will be given discharge instructions and do make a copy for him and for you.

Good luck and be strong. everyday will be a challenge for your patience but everyday Dave will regain his strength back and will feel better to do things for himself.
Will be thinking of you often.

Belle

Athens, PA

Thank you so much Belle.

I cannot believe we are already into December - I did some Christmas shopping last weekend. Truthfully, I wish the weather was nice enough to sit out with my fish!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

My 'baby' fish taken from the pond and in a tank in the house are getting nice and big and healthy. I was looking at a UTube film that says that they won't breed for 2-4 years. That you cannot tell males from females until that time. Is that your experience?

Athens, PA

Mary

That is true for koi, but not for goldfish.

I have problems telling the larger koi from each other. The only reason I know which are which in my pond is that I have seen them breeding over the years.

It must be a source of enjoyment to have your fish inside.

It is kind of neat, even if they are just gold fish or shebunkin. They are so healthy and they are changing color I think. The white ones show dark splotches underneath. Could be my imagination but seems like the splotches are getting darker. What is really fascinating is the metallic scales that are helter skelter around the bodies of some of the fish. And the two fish that are a strange metallic greenish grayish color. No idea what they are. I have nothing like them in the pond.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Mary,
Any chance for a pic of those strange colored ones?

Yes. I will give it a try. They move so fast and you have to get just the right angle to not get flashback from the acquarium.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.