weather in the garden #135

South Hamilton, MA

The same: 70° & A VERY STRONG WIND-- leaves really coming down & wet.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Wind finally died down by evening, but we must be ready for daylignt savings time to end, as it is getting dark early. Stil 63 F at 6:00 pm, though. I hear a cold front is coming :(

South Hamilton, MA

47° & partly cloudy

Thomaston, CT

Time of year I hate...wish we would keep to DST all year.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Perfect weather to work outside today, but very hard to avoid starting new projects that might not get done. Sunny, 66F, lots of colorful leaves still on the trees.

Thomaston, CT

I worked outside for about an hour yesterday......the sun was so nice! Had a flock of about 25 cedar waxwings on my cedar tree, scarfing down the berries......

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

44 today

Thomaston, CT

Cold, windy, but sunny....nice walking this morning.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

was down in the low 20's this morning with some ice on the pond

South Hamilton, MA

30° here earlier this morning. the salvia still looks red, bless its heart.

Thomaston, CT

Wow....tough salvia! Sun was nice today, not as windy either......

South Hamilton, MA

The flowers are good; the leaves are toast.

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

63 today ,I extended my vegetable garden bed, added newspaper to keep down the part of lawn that I used and added some nice oak leaves and gave it a good watering.Rain is expected to fall tomorrow so the bed will get a good soaking again.Also planted hyacinths and narcissus in the flower bed

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

hope we get a lot of rain tomorrow - the pond out back is a low as I have seen it in 10 years

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, we need the rain.

South Hamilton, MA

South shore is supposed to be getting the rain, Bill. Leaves us out.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

62 degrees already. Clouds. Maybe metro area will be lucky.

South Hamilton, MA

65 & cloudy here as well. rain coming to the south shore?

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

We've got sdome light rain in the western burbs.

Thomaston, CT

Just a quick shower here....warm, in the 60s, but falling through the afternoon.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Same here in NYC, gentle rain and warm

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

maybe a sprinkle

Thomaston, CT

It showered on & off all day, but we didn't even pick up 1/2" of rain......today it's sunny, cool, windy.....

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

47 and breezy

Thomaston, CT

Started out sunny & warm....got cloudy & rained, temp went down to 46.....now the sun is peeking through again......

Yes, it rained here too, and I still have sooooo much to do! Sigh...

It was 60 at 2.30 pm and began dropping. I went out at 58 degrees and planted some tulips that were delivered yesterday. Came back in as quick as I could because it was getting windy and decided to do some more planting tomorrow.Also save some leaves to add to my garden bed when it begins to rain heavily.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice day to be out in the yard

Thomaston, CT

Forecast is for 50s at end of week & next week....I'll take as much of that as I can, saves on the heat!

Oh yes we have to embrace the lovely weather and do our fall planting.I still have Astrantia mix and two Cheyenne coneflower to plant.

This morning was great! Nice and mild, never froze last night so digging was easy. I finally got everything out of the clay pots and planted, and almost finished planting the rest of the potted things that won't survive the winter unless they're in the ground. All I need is one more decent weekend, I'll even settle for just a day or two. Whew!

South Hamilton, MA

working indoor until Fri when it is predicted to be warmer. I might see what bulbs are available locally. Last year the only Iris retculata bulbs available was 'Katherine Hodgkin' so I bought a dozen.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Today's weather was great for several hours of planting bulbs, watering (the ground is still dry) and cleaning up the lily and peony wreckage. No coat needed.

Since I was driving DD2 back to school, we could see lots of people out. The Revolution way and Minuteman National Park were very crowded. The hikers were looking happy.

Got all my planting done, brought in my canna lily in the container and will keep it in the basement.The beets look healthy since I gave them some mulch, this is my first time with beets.

South Hamilton, MA

35° & overcast. Not much breeze, but enough to make me find my gloves.

Thomaston, CT

Just miserable here today......32 was the high, but a chilly wind made it seem colder, & no sun....just a gray November day......at least the snow didn't stick here.

Snow???!!! Yikes!

Where did I see that the NÉ would be colder than usual this year? Could it have been here?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

had some flurries here this morning when I ran out with work out shorts and a t-shirt to chase grazing deer out of the back yard - oh and it was a bit cold too

Thomaston, CT

Last night's temps were supposed to be down to 20....my stepson stayed with me last night on the way from Maine to Sarasota.....I now have moose meat in my freezer from lucky hunt in the Maine woods! I'd rather be going to FL with him.......

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Digital thermometer says overnight low was 21 F, its now 26, but during the day the high was 56. Even though covered, the tender plants in my sheltered doorway were not happy. Since winter's rose camellia is covered with blossoms, I had wanted it where I could see them, but this is winter weather.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.