weather in the garden #135

South Hamilton, MA

5° bright sun high winds

Thomaston, CT

Zero this morning....furnace just keeps on running!

South Hamilton, MA

temp has risen to 14°. Let's hope that everyone's furnace is running. ☺

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Your are right IrisMa , just last night I was saying how lucky I am that my furnace is working well because some folks in other states are having a rough time with worst weather than us.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

24 and snowing

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Snowing here!!!

Thomaston, CT

Very cloudy here, but warmer.....up to 28 this afternoon!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Temp says 37 F Can't believe it.

We've run out of our woodpile and started burning pallets that DH takes home from work. Feels like we're Bob Cratchet's family, but boy are we cutting down the heating bill. We get letters saying we're the neighborhood champs for low energy costs which must mean something since we had a family of five for the past month and more, but I don't see any bonus checks coming our way either.

I do recommend to anyone that a high efficiency wood burning stove really puts out the heat.

South Hamilton, MA

37° here as well. the snow looks just as cold & going to be 20° for a high tomorrow. I hope it is better than that.

Thomaston, CT

It was 15 when I walked this morning, but the sun & blue sky made it pleasant! Can feel the warmth in that sun now.......

South Hamilton, MA

19 here now & I am not even sticking my nose outside.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

mid 20's. DH is in the snowplow for work. Love overtime!

Thomaston, CT

Good news is that it's 29 out....bad news is that it's raining....drive is a sheet of ice, trapped in the house til things melt! Can someone start a new thread? Or tell me how to do it?

This message was edited Jan 27, 2014 9:54 AM

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

NY city area is expecting a real cold front today.i have to go out so I will just have to bundle up. The snow has melted from Sat

South Hamilton, MA

Don't know how to start the threads. We all should learn.

45° overcast & windy. I hope we can get some of the driveway ice & snow to melt, although it is not a sheet of ice.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1348709/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.