we came from here:http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1324614

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

try this http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1324614/#top

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

its trying to rain again.calling for mid 60's tomorrow

South Hamilton, MA

How do you do that?

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Jumper! Partly cloudy here & chilly this morning.....57, brisk breeze....

South Hamilton, MA

65 & cloudy Feels chilly because of the dampness.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

you're welcome. I kept messing up for awhile, but finally figured it out. 65 and sunny today.

Thomaston, CT

It was partly cloudy, high 60s.....I dug up my amaryllis to bring inside......

Thomaston, CT

Very close to a frost last night....I covered a few tomatoes, don't know why I bothered as the tomatoes aren't great........

South Hamilton, MA

emp for 44° this morning to 66° That's more like it.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

73 and sunny

Thomaston, CT

Temps have moderated here....will hit 75 today & tomorrow......

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

70 and cloudy

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Temp has dropped to 47 F already. Covered the citrus and camellia plants for overnight. So what if it isn't supposed to get down to actually freezing on the inside of rte 495.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Overnight low here was 37 F. It's already 42. Fall is here. There is a little color. Oakleaf hydrangeas have red at the edges.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Lows in the upper 40s and highs in the lower 70s with sun all week here :)

Boo on the no rain though :(

South Hamilton, MA

53° sunny & a stiff breeze. Wind chill doesn't help comfort.

Thomaston, CT

Another really lovely fall day...yesterday I was at Hammonassett Beach birding....saw a whimbrel, a life bird for me....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

We're back to Indian summer. 58 so far.

Who wee! I'm going to look up whimbrels.

This message was edited Sep 26, 2013 6:59 AM

South Hamilton, MA

54 sunny & a stiff breeze.

Thomaston, CT

A lot of clouds right now, but mostly sunny today, high of 70.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

First frost last night! Temp down to 31.8, now climbing. Should warm up at least into the 50s. Citrus came in two nights ago. I hope covering the cannas and taro was good enough till today.

South Hamilton, MA

40° & sunny

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

43 and overcast

South Hamilton, MA

53 nasty breeze picking up

Thomaston, CT

First frost here as well......one salvia survived, the other 2 are toast......

South Hamilton, MA

Guess it was cold here, but not frost as the 2 salvia are still red.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Frost? Oh no!

I've been away from the garden for weeks, won't get there again until next Friday. :-(

Last year at this time we had Sandy, the year before, a blizzard. I guess I'll be lucky if there's anything left!

South Hamilton, MA

54° partly cloudy & a fairly stiff breeze. beech tree still has great coppery leaves.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Amazing fall color has lasted and is only starting to peak around here. I credit the mild wealther.

Thomaston, CT

Yes, Pam....the frost hit my son's garden on Monday....hit mine on Friday, so your annuals are gone....I do still have some hardy ones that look good....snaps, petunias, marigolds, nicotiana......the tender ones are gone.......

Oh, good, not completely wiped out. I'm hoping to be able to gather some seeds, especially from the hardier annuals.

Thomaston, CT

Well, another heavy frost last night has put an end to even the marigolds :>(...you should be able to gather the seeds, Pam......

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

56 and sunny

Grrrrr..... Any big storm predictions? TV is full of reminiscences of Sandy. And I remember well the year before! when the lights went out for nearly a week. Double that for you, Marilyn, wasn't it?

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Haven't heard, but overnight low was 28 F, and the high probably yesterday was 61. It's a whopping 29 now

Thomaston, CT

Images of Sandy are still heart-breaking. Alfred, also on 10/29 the previous year, kept my power off for 8 days......and gave my son a dump truck load of wood from my yard. In Goshen, the snow was just a bit fluffier because of the temp difference, & my son didn't get the tree damage that I did.

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

On last Monday it was 60 I planted tulips and narcissus and picked up my dahlia.My hubby covered the outside of the the air conditions.

South Hamilton, MA

Our air conditioner broke in Sept so will be wanting a new one next summer.

Thomaston, CT

Warm, rainy, & very windy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.