Morning Glories 2013 #07

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1326197

Helenas pretty Azuremore Wild Pink with blue stripes. A beauty Thanks Helena.

One of Debras from her Patio Mix, pretty colors on this small MG. thanks Debra.

Front porch no Mai

Purp

Nasturtium

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

beautiful! Hay I see an i setosa there ;D
my kikyo turned out blurry, boo hoo.. maybe another try later this weekend.

here is what greeted me this am white mg bush the lavender is out front to the south and is going crazy..
caught my lil hummer while sipping my morning tea this am..youjiro rosita
jaimie lynn, purps

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, yes that is a setosa you see. One in that tub and 2 in the other tub.
I love your blooms, nice to see a white mg tree and your Rosita is
beautiful. I have one going too and hoping I get blooms.

I wonder if this is a setosa bloom. I don't get up early enough to see it before it starts closing.

Thumbnail by patootie
szarvas, Hungary

I have 120 pots of 1.5 gallon and 70 pots with 3.5 gallon .
1 - Blue leopard!
2 - 3 On the same tutor with lighter flowers.
4 - Fuji no Monet.
5 - big flower from Japan.

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12

Dany, you work too hard LOL
Jackie that looks like an i purp pink, setosa has a lavender bloom with a darker center..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Dany, Beautiful blooms.

Thanks Debra. I got up earlier this morning and got to check out the bloom b4 it started closing. It was this color, perhaps a lavender but no dark center

Pink carnea #'s 2 and 3
Love the dark purps
No Mai

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I love your i carnea.. the setosa kinda looks likt that one, only not as scallopped as the i carnea.. I managed to to tear away ( un twine and snip) the hanging basket over the bog pond under the arbor it was tangled up with the pandurata that I planted in ground.. just in a day I see more buds on it now, prolly for the extra sun it is getting now..put some Helena seeds in that hanging basket and so now it is vining on ground by the south corner gate area. The inch and a half of rain in hour melted all the glory blooms this am. I have some simular to your
light pink no mai.

Thanks Debra. I had to tuck all mine back under cover for the possibly heavy
rain coming our way again. So much rain in the past 2 weeks, that most all our burn bans have been lifted statewide.

Mesilla Park, NM

Deborah, I love your hummer..

Dany, you have a very nice selection and beautiful show case of I. Nils. Good for you and a job well done. I wish I could see them in person, what a breathtaking view you must have there.

Jackie, I like that carnea, I need to get some going here. I think it would do well here,

same here, Jackie, raining now, I feel rich I have so much water..

the vine on the arbor in a large pot on one side is merrimia dissecta, and another one is rivera corymbosa, found the tags finally. got seeds from both and still plucking as they ripen. Those have to come in for winter, but Pandy gets to stay on the arbor. I have seeds for john clayton lonicera now. some really big i nils on the arbor now, but they were rainedout again.. already starting on the basement, setting up the vine room a little different after we remodel it, and I am excited for my new leds in that area since the t5's are in the main room. my orange noah is back with the purps, setosa, lav moon vine turbina and i nils. the arbor also has passon vines on one side so here is hoping. Here is shiva,a nice large i nil, noah, unknown blue, the white alba and a gloriosa lily going wild..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Mesilla Park, NM

Those are gorgeous , I don't know of anyone else growing corymbrosa, and getting it to go to seed. I have Helena's orange pumpkin growing and some other small flowering mgs. Hopefully winter doesnt come to soon.

A, I'm hoping my carnea makes seeds this yr, If so, would be the 1st its made in yrs.
Debra lovely blooms all. Your 2nd one looks like a Lavender silk to me.

thankyou, now I can tag the two fat pods getting rainsoaked right now, and baggie them, thanks so much. Bagged up 12 of the merremia so far..and about 8 of the corymbosa so far, many pods are waiting to dry out there.. found a huge seed pod of Kopper King that took and is getting very large, this year I ammoving it to the front full sun corner. I also have a seed pod on my red iochroma, hope I don't lose it I need to bag it before it falls off.My green envy zinnia never fails me, same seed every year , Here is what I see when I sit across in my chair

Debra, I am just guessing on the Lavender Silk. Lets see if anyone else agrees
with me. The whole pattern of your bloom reminds me of my Pink silk. The only difference being the color of the bloom.

szarvas, Hungary

1 - .... my problem .... one container .... two cultivars. It would not be a problem if the seeds are tan and the other black! .... but tan seeds are rare !
2 - I was thinking this flower is white .... but not ! ( fertility .... can do better!).
3 - closer ! .... Later I hope the flowers will have more blue spots!
In fact it's a cultivar coming from Kyushu collection ( Q ... something ! ) ,there is another one with purple splash but no flower yet.
4 - Like this one from Japan web... it will be EXTRA !
5 - Maybe a cross with this one!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

I've completely deregulated my camera .... I do not like my pictures anymore .... there as a blue filter on everything! ... sniff ....sniff !

The last two pictures .... other settings .... is better!
Rem : last picture is Q0269 or Dany's #8 There are two versions, one with full picotee and one color (less beautiful).
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2013/07/27/patootie/206862.jpg
But seeds of Dany's #8 are mix.
I see LK has the bicolor version too.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I'll agree Debra for what it's worth your lavender does look like a silk! Very pretty.

Jackie's Blue/Lavender beauty is putting on a nice show for me!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Mesilla Park, NM

Dany, OMG.. On that second and third one, reversed tube, flag, beautiful all in one, even the color is superb ..

The blue speckled one that I have and shared with Becky, Helena, and jackie, started off with just one dot of blue, and through a couple of grow outs it got more and more spots. Yours may get mor and more streaks, dashes etc after a couple more grow outs . I have not crossed mine to anything so I still have the original blue spotted seeds. Try to keep some pure for your self if you can.

Deborah, what a view, I love hardy hibiscus, copper king is one of my favorites. Is yours setting seed yet? Mine has two seed pods already. It has been so terribly hot, but we got rain a couple of days in a row so I've got some mgs taking over some areas.

I need to clean these up some.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Before coming to this forum in 2003 I was growing a very light Joyce Cobb and I am tring to get this color back, I don't know if I can get the one I want but here are a couple that are real close. These are purpurea seeds from 2003', original seeds were from Larry Smith who named this mg after his mother. I love this one ..

I've got many many varieties of this and it has crossed so much that the recessive genes keep showing up. Mid like to keep this one pure, the one I am still hunting for is even lighter than this one but has the dark edges like this has..

I don't remember if I put mine into the plant files or not since I never think about doing that with my photos, just an oversight on my part or lack of time.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Purpureas and batatas

Mesilla Park, NM

Heavenly blues and some arvensis overgrowth

Mesilla Park, NM

More tri color reseeds of heavenly blues, I can't believe they reseeded here, I must have a micro climate and produced tons of seeds. Brug below is cypress gardens, the flower, it is long and huge.. Lol

Dany beautiful blooms, I love # 2 from the 1st set with lovely blue specks.
I agree with A., the reverse tubes are spectacular.

Ronnie, your Blue Lavender Beauty is outstanding.

A, beautiful blooms. Your 1st pink bloom is a beauty. Gorgeous Heavenly Blue and the Lavender right after HB is too.
Lovely Joyce Cobb. Somewhere I have a few sds of this one I need to find
b4 they get old.

Very pale Blue Tie Dye, don't know what to make of it. We'll see what color it makes next.
Hatsu Arashi look a like, 8 oz foam cup
Last two pics are of Black Queen, pretty dark color. In 8 oz foam cup.
Thanks Ronnie.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Really pretty flowers Jackie. Hiatsu Arashi has always been an outstanding color, deep blue and at times a cobalt blue.

oh dear, so many beautys here, I love the reverse tube too, Dany. I am excited to see some of the 8 mix of yours, I have some going. A, your gardens are beautiful, I am glad you got some rain. I might have the light blue JC u are looking for, lets wait and see when it comes on..i have one seed pod of KK.

Jackie, that Hiatsu Arashi is my favorite color. Ronie, I loved that one last year from Jackie, and can't wait to see it come back.

szarvas, Hungary

This flower is not angry .... but almost ....!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Camera .... still ... in test !
Blue ray.
Very large flowers !
Mutant !

Gautier, MS

Wow, the show of every ones beautiful blooms has been awesome. I really enjoyed seeing them all.

I'm still getting a few blooms, these are from yesterday. I'm having problems downloading my pictures. I don't know what's up with it.
Last pic is from 3 days ago, DFNM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks A and Debra.
Debra, Blue/Lav Beauty always makes gorgeous blooms. Never
disappointed with that one.
Dany lovely blooms but very partial to your white with blue specks.
Helena, love all your blooms this morning. The white with soft pink
is a beauty. Love the blues too. Hope you get your issues worked out
for downloading your pics.

My Blue Tie Dye with another pale bloom.
Tai Aki
Blue Lav Beauty
Blue Star of India, this bloom is actually blue, not purple

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Your blooms are beautiful.

Had my daughter try to figure out what was going on with my camera. So far she got it to download todays pictures.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

very special blooms to see today. Dany as always , your blooms amaze me. Love your white with pale spots. Jackies tiedye and the star of india makes me smile. Helena the blue and white on the left is really pretty. Oh heck,. I love them all. No blooms here that are photographic , rain rain rain.

Helena, love both of those blooms. Glad your daughter was able to help you with your downloading.
Debra, sorry you are having to work so hard to keep the water at bay.
That's the only thing I don't like about a basement.
Love all your photos. What is that beautiful pink bloom?

Purpurea
another youjiro bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
szarvas, Hungary

1 - I'm ready to go to the show in Japan .... you think I have a chance?
2 - 3 I put a tag, I would select the dark colors - sometimes the flowers are very clear!

szarvas, Hungary

In this pot ... a very interesting cultivar ... sometime with simple flowers, sometime retro tube flowers and sometime with very double flowers !

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Jackie I really like the pale blue tie dye, would love to have some seeds if you have extra!

Dany your mutant speckled is nice, when I grew one like that the flowers never really opened and it wasn't very pretty :(

love the last one the best, dany. u r ready for the show.

Gautier, MS

I love seeing all these gorgeous blooms, a real treat!

I only had 3 & one purple never comes out clear.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Wow, I just found the link to this new thread, and look at all the beauties!

Gorgeous blooms Dany, Love the doubles.

Helena, the pale blue tie dye is a complete surprise. it came out of
'sds just MARKED BLUE TIE DYE?? Hoping for seeds so will save you a couple if it makes pods. It looks like a healthy enough vine so surely
will make a few. I have the same color bloom this morning so no sign of it
reverting to its usual color. I have another Blue Tie dye somewhere and
hopefully it will make the original bright blue blooms.
Fuji no Beni I love it
Plum Purple Velvet
Pink tree MG beautiful after all the rain
I can't make out the name on this one from Ronnie looks like Koh??? something
This bloom messed up but future blooms should be fine. A lovely dark purple
thanks Ronnie,

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Jackie it was purchased as Kukuo, not sure if that's a real name or just a marketing name but it sure is a great flower to grow isn't it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.