THE MAGIC CARPET RIDE OF TOWELS

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the towels and the mug, ahhh so colorful!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Gone too long and look at all the goodies!!

Kim, I am sure Betty's surprise speeds up the healing process. And in turn, you made Nancy very happy though confused at first!

Don't worry Nancy. A few first time swappers thought that they'd receive from whoever they sent to! It had happened with me :D

Wonderful purse there Betty. Of course we all took the tea towel word, literally and you've transformed it into wearable art!

Jax, I love your embroidered towel! I'm a beast without coffee in the morning! Serious, want to hear me laugh... call me up in the afternoon... but never in the mornings!!
Try Bailey's in your coffee, it makes your day better that you won't have to hide under the table.

Sue G (Cheermom), check that Ghiradelli Brownie Mix please. I think it has my name on it!

Carole, I'm glad you got a great box too. Thank you for taking care of me very well! Showed off the antique whisk to my church sistah, and she had never seen one.

Since I got my name for Thoughts Of You.. I've been busy 'sleuthing'. So excited to be in the next swapping adventure!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Kathy, I just got your box of towels and goodies! Thanks so much for all you sent, I really needed the towels and pot holders.
I got a huge dishtowel with tomatoes on it, I get a set of dish towels with coffee designs, one with beautiful butterflies, one with roosters, I also got 2 pretty dishcloths, a beautiful coffee cup, box of french vanilla flavored coffee, an air wick freshener, and a box of cheesecake. I think we will be having cheese cake for dessert today!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful gifts Kathy! (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

((((((((((hugs))))))))) back at ya. good thing i'm on a diet, cuz I would have kept the cheesecake!

(Zone 7a)

Nice Goodies!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very nice dish towels, LK. I like them a lot.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love your t towels..got to say anyone that is into regifting can send them my way!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Sorry it took me this long to congratulate you on your lovely gifts from Sis Kathy, LK.
How was the cheesecake? Yummy.... did you add Bailey's?

Oh, the cake was yummy! No, I did not add Bailey's, I had that separate!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

bailys? now you know better than to say thay word. wheres jax? hide it before she crawls out from under the table

There is plenty to go around.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

has anyone seen jax?

Not in a few days.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

hope she ain't lost

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Quick open a bottle of Vodka.. she might need to be revived!!!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

........put the bailey's in the volka an drink it all up!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Looks like she's fine. lol.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

ya got it now jax

Morning everyone.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

morning sistah, call me

This message was edited Aug 21, 2013 7:32 AM

..ya kno, mixing bailey an gray goose kinda makes ya loopy! thar was sumthing i was supose ta do on the 15th , sumthin important! but i kant remember wat! do any of yall kno wat it was? i going back under the table til i think of it.

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Jaye has been the brightest spot in my last 10 days. In between travelling twice for work, and moving offices, and changing jobs, I cannot tell you how delighted I was to dig into my box of treats. First of all, Jaye is a sneaky weasel! She told me she was mailing me some fabrics that I had asked about for a craft project. TaDah!!! She was just foolin'; she's my swap buddy.

Lots o' pics for lots of pretties & yummies:
1. Mmmmmmmm...Angel AND Devil cakes? She knows me so well. The fig spread is already half eaten because I picked up some sharp cheddar while I was travelling. The candy has already been wolfed down by the hubs, but Jaye sent it especially for him so he's off the hook. The box of tea is to go with my tea towels!

2, 3. I cannot express how much I love table linens. I mean I LOVE table linens. Jaye sent me TWO sets of hand crafted linens; one pineapple motif and the other bright batiks. The pineapple set has an apron, and the batik set has two of those fingertip towels that you can hang from cabinets or appliance handles. For all the cooking I do, I have no idea why I do not own an apron. I do now!!!

4. Two tea towels, one dishcloth, one handtowel, two hotpads, and an oven mitten. Wowie, I'm set for the kitchen!

5. This magnet is exactly what I need for my new office. It'll pretty much set the mood for all the new folks who are finding me in their dungeon. I can guarantee it will make me smile every time I look at it. In fact, it'll make me feel fabulous. :)

Thumbnail by lanakila Thumbnail by lanakila Thumbnail by lanakila Thumbnail by lanakila Thumbnail by lanakila

WOW, look at all those beautiful gifts you got! Nice job Jaye!
Love that magnet!
Hope your life settles down for you soon!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very nice. Jaye did you proud.

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

The TGIF magnet doesn't have a permanent spot yet, but she is at least supervising the unpacking so I'm sure that wise owl will have it all fabulous-i-fied in no time. For now, she'll roost on my shelves so she has a good vantage point from which to watch the chaos.

Oh, and this is only one half of the office :(

Thumbnail by lanakila
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

You are more than fabulous Lanakila, you're FANTABULOUS!! But I don't paint, so the owl will do!
Happy that you're enjoying the gifts.
I can't take credit for that pineapple set. Thought of you when I saw that on Etsy. How perfect.. with an apron too!
When you bite into the fig preserves, did you find some chunks of figs? I love that brand as it's not overly sweet.
Made the runner and the mug rugs (in case you have company for breakfast) all in a day. Which is quite an accomplishment for one that loves to procrastinate!!
As for the 3-2-1 mug cake, you could also use different flavors.

Thank you Sis Kathy for hosting this awesome swap.
Again, I want to thank Carole for my very thoughtful gifts.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

^_^

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

you girls are just 2 sweet

.........so, nobody knows wat i forgot???? i thought yall had me back??? hhhmf! i's tell ya wat! first one ta tell me wat i fergit....will git a prize!!!!!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

you forgot to send your box!!!! I know im right

oh, that is so not fair!!!!...danggoneit, big sis! ya kno me so well! an it ya fault...ya made me mix baileys and gray goos!!!! yes, i done fergit! so that means ya git the prize! let me take do that, then ya git lil sumthin sumthin in the mail, too!!!!!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

does I win one of dem facy cuebaan ceegars?

YIPPERS! now, ya done gone an spoilt the serprise!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

**cough** choke**cough**
Jax, is that what's in the air?

turn on the fan, heaven.....it twill go over ya head...straight to big sis!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

ROFL!!!!
Jax you'd be surprise how I love the scent of some tobacco..

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

that's enough you two. no making fun of big sis

Jaye I agree. Some cigars and pipe tobacco smells good.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey sis, I wasn't making fun of Jax nor you :P

LK, my ex was a pipe smoker. Whenever he opened his packet of Borkum Riff... I'd get high just on the scent!! Lolol.

Does anyone have Barbie or Ken clothes that are not being used. There is a DG lady that is lookong for them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.