Weather; Dog Days of August

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Recorded high of 84 here , my garden thermometer said 91 .
87 for tomorrow with rising humidity
Humidity 73% currently with 71 degrees

Ragweed season never left here ,it came a few years ago , and stayed ,,^_^ A big green (blah) face if I knew how ...;lol

A great white Tomato anyone ?

Thumbnail by juhur7

It got back up in the high 90's today.The humidity was up too.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It was 92 a while ago ,,
Humidity is crazy ..

Mountain View, HI

Normal Hawaiian summer weather for us at 2200 ft level on the Big Island. The last two days were hot during the day with showers at night. low to mid 80s during the day and humid, near 68-70f at night.
Today has been overcast with light rain now and then and nearly calm. Should brighten up on Friday with stronger tradewinds to cool things down. About 75f today.
Everyone is saying it is getting hotter each year.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Same as Ju here.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Good to see you again Mike.

A bit cooler here, only up to 90ish...LOL. Humid, rain most afternoons, muggy and buggy and all that jazz. But it has been nice in the evenings to sit outside after dinner....so that is good....just make sure we apply the organic bug spray.

Glad everyone is having such beautiful weather.

Hot and humid today.

High 80s for high today and sunny. No cool down expected anytime soon.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Same as pepper ; ( there seems to a pattern going on here)

We're copycats. lol

Mountain View, HI

Nice to be back, computer problems, a trip home back to England etc etc

Another humid, hot, cloudy day in the tropics. Dull, Mid eighties almost raining. Everything growing too fast.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

microb' I also meant to welcome you back , was a little while there since we heard from you ..

Pepper ( Only who's copying who ???) lol ^_^

Grape juice tonight ...lol

Thumbnail by juhur7
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They're calling for a high of 95F today.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Early this morning, ½" rain.
Now sunny & 70º.

Today is in the mid 90's and humid and for tonight it will be in the 70's.

We are getting a shower here right now as i post.Hopefully it is be a good one.We need rain bad.YAY!!!!!

Mountain View, HI

Muggy, humid, still, cloudy, 75f - please bring back the tradewinds.

Needless to say,the rain did not last.It is so dry,that it didn't even wet the ground much.

It felt good this morning til the sun came out. Then the humidity shot up and there was no breeze to help even a bit. Made it hard to water since I'm used to the cooler weather still. Hopefully next week I'll perk up when outside again. lol

Low 90s for high with high humidity.

Ju, copying each other. lol

Microb, welcome back!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70 Degrees
93% HUMIDITY !!! OUCH ..
FEW LIGHT SPRINKLES , evaporated as they touched the ground ..
Getting dry now ..
Comfortable evening . Until you feel the humidity ,, P....U........

Pepper I think mother Nature is having a laugh at us .. Grinning away the old hag probably is ...

This message was edited Aug 22, 2013 9:38 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Warmer into the 90s and much more humid. The first real summer weather we've had.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Currently , heavy fog
63 degrees
100% Humidity
visibility 1/2 mile
wind 3mph
Baro; 30in
High of 83 forecast for today ,, misery with the humidity

Another hot day in the 90's with sticky humidity.I am so ready for the cool weather.

Pretty much the same as it's been all week.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on August 23, 2013
Clear
93 °F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.78 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 11 out of 16
Pollen: 5.30 out of 12

Same as southgal here. Hot and sticky. Miserable weather.

Mountain View, HI

Oh joy, the tradewinds have returned (natures air conditioning as we call it). Still near 80f but the grey cloud and humidity have gone. Replaced with fluffy white clouds in a blue sky and a much fresher environment. Forecast says it will stay this way for at least a week with light showers overnight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80's the next few days followed by a week of 90's up and coming .

Watching the news , over 250 fires burning in the western US . 80% OF THE ADMINSTRATION and crews of the forest service are now fighting fires ,
67 Degrees now
With 87% Humidity

Another hot and yucky blazing day close to a 100f.

Mountain View, HI

What a wonderful morning. 7am, a nice cool 66f after a few light nighttime showers. Sun starting to burn off some of the overcast. The trade winds will pick up speed as the sun gets higher in the sky making it a pleasant day in the rainforest of Hawaii. Should reach about 78f

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

88F feels like 90

Went to the gorgeous, cool and moist Cypress Hills, Saskatchewan for a couple of days. Smoke in the pictures is coming up from the fires burning in Idaho.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2013 4:30 PM

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon

Hot and humid still. Didn't feel as bad today as it did yesterday so that was a big relief. Will be really bad next week though. Mid to high 90s.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are in for a week of hot weather. 98º today, 100º tomorrow.
90's rest of the week.

Mountain View, HI

The trade winds brought cooler, cloudy showery weather today, buts that's OK. Still some breaks for garden work without the sweaty muggy humidity.
Raking bamboo leaves is an all year round job not just an autumn job as with other leaves.

Currently 89. Woke up to 80 this morning. Will be this way all week. High temps and high humidity. Dangerous heat all week.

Today was in the high 90's.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hot and humid this week. Summer!

They are calling for 97F and a 20% chance of rain. That means that it might rain in the mountains and maybe in the desert.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Rain ? RAIN YOU SAY?!!! What's That !!!
Oh yeah , that wet stuff a month ago , now I remember !

90 degrees
74% Humidity
Sunny , dry , and Hot !!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

31C / 88F feels like 35/95 :P

This Canadian still has anti-freeze in her system.

Mountain View, HI

Tradewinds are still blowing. The nighttime showers stretched into 10am this morning but it was my half day in the office (mon,wed,Fri) so by the time I got home it was white fluffy clouds in a nice blue sky. Quick lunch and then out to the garden. Close to 80f this afternoon so just a little work in the shade then take a break

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.