NE Pets Forum #27

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Has Mr G learn to take advantage of the situation for sympathy treats and attention? I'm glad he's doing alright so far.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Poor Mr. G. I'm glad he's settled in more. I hope his rehabilitation goes well.

Happy Birthday Molley - 2 years old Today :-)

Thumbnail by
Thomaston, CT

Wow....seems like you just got her.....glad Mr. G is doing well!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

awww, look at her face...mom get this thing off my head!

awe I am 14 years in dogs age. Give me a treat

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Molley!

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

That is "look what I have to put up with around here for some attention. :-)

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Salem is getting visably stiffer as he's moving around. he's 18 next month.

Thomaston, CT

He's an old fellow......18 is very long-lived......

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What type of animal is Salem?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Salem is a cat.

Thomaston, CT

My niece's cat, Faraday.....

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Has Faraday had a recent haircut?

Thomaston, CT

Yes! He's growing out of his Lion cut.......he doesn't mind a summer haircut, but he's still young, only about 18 months old.....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Winston has a lump on his leg that has ulcerated, strong antibiotics aren't working. We are going back next Tuesday to find out about a biopsy. I'm really worried, from what I'm reading it indicates cancer.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh no, Ronnie! I am wishing the best.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh no!

Ronnie - Do you think it might be from a rabies shot?

Thomaston, CT

Ronnie, how awful! Prayers for you & Winston.....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Memory how soon after the rabies shot does it show up? He had his on June 10th found the spot beginning of August. First looked like some hair loss and a patchy redness my first reaction was not another dog with allergies, then about a week later the lump showed up.

Ronnie - Here is a link to an article on vaccination site sarcomas http://voices.yahoo.com/canine-injection-site-sarcoma-so-rare-vet-wont-2738.html?cat=53 I don't know how long it takes to develop - but I would be very suspicious of any lump near an injection site.

DG has a wonderful Vet who posts as PalmBob over on the Pets Forum - he is very good about answering questions actually all the DGesr over there are very helpful. I suggest that you just start a thread about the lump with pictures and vaccination date.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Memory, I looked up some info on it and am now more worried. Thanks for the link. I'll get some pics and post them over there.

The article did say that if you catch it early - the tumor has clean margins and can be removed completely.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Wish my vet wasn't on vacation :(

That sucks. I think it only takes one or two days to get the biopsy results.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2013 3:57 PM

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Summer bath time.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK

Ronnie - rabies shots are usually given in the leg! Because of the risk of sarcoma - so if he didn't get it in the hip - it shouldn't be a sarcoma as it is an injection site issue. Hope this eases your mind.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Memory from what I am thinking it was the hip. He was a nerveous wreck that day and I was busy trying to keep him calm. Doesn't seem like the vet leaned over to get it in the leg.

Here is my Maine Coon Cat, Sampson sporting a "kitty mohawk" shave.

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
South Hamilton, MA

Summer bath reveals a rather patient dog.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

That's great. Although my dog tolerates it, I consider his attitude like the author who does like to write, but likes having written. He loves the admiration once he's clean.

Thomaston, CT

Sampson looks cool as a cucumber!

Ronnie - Thinking about you and Winston today. What time is your appointment, so I can be there in spirit with you?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks so much Memory I just saw this, busy day. We went at 6:30 and vet seems to think we can safely wait a few more weeks to see if it gets smaller. I am to call her if I think its getting any larger. It measures about 3 cmm. She wouldn't commit to thinking it was cancer, said nothing can be definitive without a biobsy of course. I'll wait a bit but if no change at all, even if it doesn't get bigger just doesn't go away I'm getting it cut out. Already put the money aside, will be about 400.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Our pets are worth it, though. My cockers used to get cancers and still lived a long time.

Ronnie - Did you find out where the Rabies shot was given?

Thomaston, CT

You're right, Ronnie....the tumor needs to come out......my sister just had a large one removed from her leg.....doc said it wasn't cancerous, but could become cancerous.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Memory the shot was in the right hip.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Yes memory the shot was in the right hip.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.