Fall Swap 2013- Sunday Sept 8

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Catmint, that only gives you an hour! Come at 430!! I think most people will still be here at 430, not so many be here by noon.
And good luck on her first game!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

My new neighbor Matina just came over -- she thought she wouldn't be able to come to the plant swap, but she juggled things, and now she can come! She'll probably bring both Sarah (6) and Angela (not quite 2), which will cement Joyanna's wish to come for sure. You're going to love her & her girls!

This message was edited Sep 8, 2013 7:04 PM

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, I think it makes more sense for us to come *after* my daughter's volleyball game rather than before, since it will mean we can be more leisurely and not feel rushed to get back for a game. So that means we (my almost-12 year old daughter) would't arrive until about 4:30. :-(

I had signed up to bring the paper goods. SSG, if I drove these over to you, would you be able to get them there? I feel so badly for this monkey wrench thrown into such carefully laid plans! :-(

Critter and Donner, will you both still be there late in the day so I could give you your iris and ajuga?

Catmint, yes please feel free to drop off the paper products! If I'm not in, just leave them by the front door and I'll pick them up.

okay, thanks! :-)

That all sounds good.
I better get my butt in gear and clean the kitchen counter off!
Mark got out four 'card' tables for general use, and some chairs.

NO RAIN DANCING TONIGHT! Need the rain to happen Sunday PM after dark, and gentle soaking rain, please and thank you.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Have been thinking of everyone. Have a great time tomorrow. You all will be thought of fondly.

As will YOU!!!!!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Catmint, relaxed is always better. I'll probably be staying long, not sure exactly how the trip logistics will work out or if Matina has to be back sooner. Or, for that matter, if Joyanna will melt down on me! You can always send my iris with Aspenhill (Terri), too, but I'm hoping to meet you. :-)

This message was edited Sep 8, 2013 7:04 PM

thanks, Critter--hoping to meet you and everyone else as well! :-)

So nice to meet everyone at the swap this evening--and thanks so much for all the wonderful plants! :-)

As my perennials grow and become more established, I hope to have more to share in future swaps.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sounds like a great day!!

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks guys, especially SallyG, for a great day! It was great to meet so many of you face-to-face. I'm so excited to see what happens with the plants I gave and received. August and Adele had a great time too. It was awesome that there were lots of kids there!
Catmint, sorry we had to bale right when you got there. It was time to get the kids home and ready for the week ahead.
-Karen

Karen, I totally understand! :-) Will see you again soon!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope you all had a great day, can't wait to see the pics!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sounds like you all had a great time. Looking forward to seeing a few pictures.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

What a relaxing fun day we had. The weather was great and it was nice meeting a few new folks. Sally, thanks so much for hosting. Your yard is perfect for our get togethers. And Paul, thanks for the little surprise that you left for me - all I can say is "Maryland, who???? - Go IRISH!!!".

That was a mellow swap compared to some- not nearly so much running around giving plants to requesters.
Thanks to everyone for contributing to a really nice food and dessert spread- perfect variety. I think we had about fifteen swappers?

Can't wait for rain-I was chagrined to see a few newly fried plants yesterday as we walked around-- and my potted things are going to wait for rain- for now I have them all set up at the edge of the deck where I can keep them watered easily.

Sally, that was a great, relaxing get-together. Thank you so much for hosting! It was fun watching the little ones run around, too.

I just checked this month's forecast. They're expecting some "spotty showers" next week, but that's it for the next 30 days. UGH!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

I really enjoyed the relaxed smaller crowd. Quite different from the head spinning whirlwind in the spring. It was great to see everyone and we missed all those who couldn't attend.

The little kids were a delightful addition- Martina's two yr old followed Addy everywhere, even under the deck for quiet time! The 'typwc' kids are bug hunters extraordinaire, and they all played together great.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Yes, thank you Sally for a casual Sunday Swap!

One thing to note about having several gatherings in the same location is that each event memories overlay the next event, So, like the Cheshire cat, all the smiles of those not here this time shown brightly at the swap. I know I heard every missing one's name mentioned at least twice.
Becky, you are never far from our thoughts and what a way to cap off a perfect
day with your good news of infection gone!
Chantel, the quest for fragrant plants you started, continues unabated!
Speedie/Susan, the best to you with school keep us posted. Mention of you
brought big grins to many faces
Happy/Devon, you know we all want to see your front hill! And commiserating as the
day draws to a close with some wine surroundeed by still more pots of plants from
you was amazing. (How do you do it?)
Donnerville/Sally, hope your visit with relatives from China is good,
(I did personnally miss your dumplings!)
Ecnalg/ Pat, I sent some bog plants home with with Aspenhill for you. Hope to be near
your area perhaps before Cheryl goes south!
Greenthumb/David, your id skills were lauded and missed! ((See above)
Holly and Ric . we all are so jealous of your beach time and crab feasts! And,
when you and Jan are passing thru this area, let us know so we can do an
imprompt to meet up!
Jan, hope to see you soon and maybe when you and Jeff get that camper on the
road, you can bring the whole NJ/NE contingent with you!
Ruby, you would have taken great delight when Typ/Karen's son August spotted a stink bug and I handed him the pink bug net you gifted us with to catch it! How's you new venture
going?
Jen, Button and Bobbin. Wind, Roses, Gardadore, Onewish, Nisi, Coleuslover, Marie Lovesto paint, Pixie, Nuts, YankeeCat and anyone else I may have forgotten, hope to see you at Fall Swap Ric and Holly are planning for 2014 if not sooner!

All of you Cheshire cats above would have enjoyed this swaps newbies and their crop of truly 'beautiful' children. I especially enjoyed sharing my show and tell Blackswallowtail
butterfly cats with them!
Yep, the food was good. too!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Aww, Coleup, you say the nicest things. I really hate missing swaps -- it's like missing Thanksgiving and Christmas with old friends! I'm glad it was a fun one!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Awainting pics from those who took them and some food recipies!

Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Ditto to what Happy said. I thought of you all fondly during the day.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Big thanks to you, Sally, and to Mark for making your hose so welcoming--
once more...It is so easy to be there--and YOU, Sally, the cool one--the
"nothing rattles you? one---I know it is not as easy as it looks.
There was a lot of wear and tear showing near the end. Me too....
I think I am just getting old...as any big event wears me out....

Well--was there anyone else taking pictures? I was and will show you.
Of course--nowadays, most people just pull out their phones to take pictures,
and i would not notice it...

So--here are mine:
--some folks hanging around..
--coleup and Mark
--Marina and Sarah-Jill's new neighbor.
--A love affair--Sarah and Addy.
--Addy being lead away after eating stealing some people's cake. (ate all of mine!)

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

More--

--Judy brought some pots with black Swallowtail caterpillars on the plant.
this became one of the main attractions.
--Sean and August--(Karen's DH and son) spent a lot of time examining the cats.
--August--taking a closer look. This kid LOVES bugs!!!
--Cheryl (Teri's friend") seemed amazed as well...

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

,,And...leisurely pursuits....

--Eating cake on the swing...Marina and kids
--Joyanna--hanging around on the swing...
--Having your fingernails painted--Jill and Joyanna
--OR--just hanging around......

This is all I have. G.

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Central, MD(Zone 7a)

My Expression:
It was either a reaction to Aspenhill telling me about how big of a Notre Dame fan she is or a surprise/confused reaction to Gita's sneaking pictures. Hahaha

The weather was great and so was the company.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I think it was the later----I sneak up on people often--but I am fast
at snapping the shutter--as, otherwise, you get these "camera faces"....

I guess this is your "camera face"--screaming...NOOOOOO!..

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

Great pics, Gita! Thanks for taking them.

You know it wasn't too long ago that August would FREAK out whenever he saw a bug. I guess that he found a way to transform it into curiosity.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Karen--sorry I did not get one of you! I could have when you were holding Adelle
for the happy B-day song....That would have showed Adelle's face as well....
Just so people could have seen what YOU look like....

Maybe someone else got a shot--using their phone?
But as it is--often, I am the only one taking pictures.

Gita.

I wished I had my camera handy several times...like Adele's Oh a plane!! face, or when Adele and Angela shared bubbles, with Augie in the background facing them.

I'll start a thread for questions following up on the items shared

Go here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1332549/

This message was edited Sep 9, 2013 7:13 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

"Fun relaxing day" -- yup, pretty much sums it up!

I'm glad Matina was able to come along, and having 2 more kids in the "play group" was great! Karen, your two are amazing... I had such fun with August; wish I'd had more time to get to know Adelle, too -- what a sweetie! Sorry for not realizing black chalk would be an irresistible temptation... hope it washed out as well as I thought it would!

Thanks for the lovely plants I came home with! And thank you for being so generous with my friend, too. She was just thrilled with her box of goodies! I'm hoping she'll join in the MAG discussion, but with 5 kids & her eldest in a wheelchair with CP, her "free time" for computer is pretty limited.

Many thanks to Sally & Mark for hosting a great plant party!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, Looks like you all had so much fun. We sure missed everyone.
Coleup you say the nicest things, love that outfit.
What cute children, Gita you did a great job with the camera.

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

Critter, Thanks for keeping August so well entertained. He had a great time. The shirt hasn't been washed yet, but I'm not worried about it. He stains clothes all the time, so I'm sort of used to it. He's the reason why we "don't have nice things" ;)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Karen--

You could buy August a whole new warderobe if you shop at that Thrift
Store "Savers"....such good prices!

Then--if something gets soiled past repair--no big loss...$2 or so.
G.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

So sorry we couldn't make it but we did a 2-day craft show at our local rock & mineral club show in Harrisburg last weekend, which ended up as us being invited to show (for no charge) at Dinosaur Days (2-day show in York, Pa) because there is NOTHING for ladies to buy and have we got stuff for ladies, so after we unload the truck (from an all-day fossil collecting and metal detecting trip yesterday), we can load it up with Showers of Buttons jewelry and do the show tomorrow & Subday. I'll take pictures of the lovely fern fossils I collected (which I will try to make jewelry out of), and the collecting site (a mountaintop surrounded by lovely ferns) and see what you think. It was a great day,. the weather was warm & comfortable and we had some great finds. Button & Bobbin.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Bobbin, sounds fun! Fossil hunting??? Sign me up.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

This is what we found

Thumbnail by Buttoneer Thumbnail by Buttoneer Thumbnail by Buttoneer Thumbnail by Buttoneer Thumbnail by Buttoneer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.