July Weather - Hot or

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow, you all have been having some wicked weather since I last checked in...be safe.
Cloudy, high 85, probably will rain about the time we put the dinner meat on the grill...always does. :-P

Some Florida rainbows for you all!

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

I love the pics!!! I love the rainbow behind the palm trees.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2013 3:53 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, especially the shot of the rainbow over the water. I like your Monarch avatar too. :)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Newest update from one or our local tornado storm chasers...I will be hauling some plants in shortly.

"orgeous sunday across most of the prairies today however a few storms expected off the foothills in Alberta and some sub-severe pop-up storms across parts of southern Sask and Manitoba. Overall a great day especially if you are out at the Craven Music Festival!

But...We should talk about Monday. Saskatchewan, in particular an area east of Lake Deifenbaker from hiway 16 south to the US border looks to be in for another round of dangerous storms. Might be time to snap up some last minute hail insurance!

I wont have to travel much to get to my target area tomorrow as Team Tornado Hunter will be postioned within the MooseJaw/Regina/Chamberlain triangle to start the day. Conditions tomorrow appear to be ripe for Supercell storms capable of heavy rains, large and copious hail and even tornadoes.

Areas in the SE part of Sask that just experienced the same thing yesterday are also under the gun again tomorrow. Please pay attention to watches and warnings throughout the day tomorrow...today however....enjoy the sun and sip your bevy's!"

Farm, house, etc is insured but my plants aren't so a hauling I go......

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Such a nice day here today. When I was in town earlier this afternoon it was only 79. I figure about 82 now.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

More nice weather here today. Just over 80º with a little breeze & sunshine.
Spent the afternoon watching the Twins overhaul the Yankees. Didn't see the end, but think it was Twins 10, Yankees 4.
New neighbor stopped in to introduce himself. His farmstead has a 3½ Acre field on it. We may rent it next year for more veggies.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Had to check one last time (tonight)
[quote]Reed Timmer: Meteorologist and Extreme Storm Chaser
Liked · 35 minutes ago

Potent trough to eject across the Canadian Prairies tomorrow afternoon, with strongly sheared warm sector setting up in eastern/southeastern Saskatchewan south into northern Montana.

Long-track supercells and tornadoes will be likely with any storms from central SK eastward S into northern MT.

Dominator 3 will be streaming live on http://tvnweather.com/live

This is the real deal. Stay tuned to watches and warnings from Saskatoon to Regina eastward.
]

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

65º now & sun. Going to 90º this afternoon.

It came a down pour not long ago.The rain has stopped for now.Its still thundering and lighting.It is also still very cloudy,so i don't think it is done just yet.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am glad to hear that someone besides me and lilypon has rain ..
One thermometer was reading 97 a while ago another 92 Forecast is saying 88 today and 86 now , sunny , hot , long day ..
But it is a nice summer day .
I don't care what all that say really ,it is 90 degrees and 100 in the sun ..
Wind 11
Humidity 52% feels higher

I always wondered what it would be like to eat dinner upside down....

Thumbnail by juhur7
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

hot and humid and under tornado watch (really bad near Regina our capital city though)

Tornado watch
Strong thunderstorms capable of producing tornadoes are expected this afternoon ... Find out more ›

Current Weather 16:25 CST

29°C / 84F

A few clouds

Feels Like : 36/97
Wind : SW 25 km/h

Humidity : 50%
Pressure : 101 kPa
Visibility : 16 km

Sunrise : 5:08
Sunset : 21:07
Ceiling : unlimited

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Never made 90º. Glad the weather liars were wrong once again.
85º with a light south wind. Beautiful to say the least.

Mid 80s right now and a bit humid but not too bad.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Spoke to my farmer and he said the farm got 1/4 inch today and 1/4 inch yesterday. whew!

storm just skimmed that area. :D

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Tornado watch has ended for my area :D

Currently 82F feels like 93

Tomorrow's high forecasted to be 75!

All the bad weather is gone from here.It is on the nice side this evening.

(Zone 7a)

It's been hot, rainy, sunny and humid. An unusual year, for sure. 78º now with 54% humidity and mostly cloudy.

Daylily, 'Spanish Glow.'

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Deliciously nice this am and not one single nasty warning in sight.
The storm pics that were put up on my FB feed were unreal. A lot of severe weather happened yesterday but not one person was hurt by it.

So far our farm has received 10 inches of rain since planting (thankfully in smaller downpours). Last year the final total was 18 inches (and not a drop fell on it in August or September...good for ripening and combining).

Moose Jaw, SK
Current Weather 10:45 CST
A few clouds

66°F

A few clouds

Feels Like : 72
Wind : NW 9 m/h

Humidity : 60%
Pressure : 1025 mb
Visibility : 9.9 miles

Sunrise : 5:08
Sunset : 21:07

3 confirmed tornadoes so far...a good breakdown of the storms with pics to be found here:

http://o.canada.com/2013/07/16/saskatchewan-storm-photos-tornadoes-hail/

This message was edited Jul 16, 2013 11:40 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Going for our first 90 degree day of the year ,, I thought it happened weeks ago .. not a lot of difference from 86 to 90 with sun shining and the humidity , slapping you like a soaked washcloth ..
Wind at 6mph
Humidity 59 % feels much higher ..
88 DEGREES -- AS SAID BEFORE ... it is hot ...

Another very hot and humid day in the 90's.

It went from hot and humid too a good heavy down pour,enough to make it muddy.

Currently 90 and will be low 90s tomorrow.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Heat index near 100° today. Chance of rain showers.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Don't have A/C so am loving waking up to a cool house.

@6:05 M
10°C/50°F

A few clouds

Feels Like : 10
Wind : E 0 km/h

Humidity : 80%
Pressure : 102.6 kPa
Visibility : 16 km

Sunrise : 5:10
Sunset : 21:05

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 degrees F here, full sun , I am down for an hour or two , heading for the AC
Humidity reading wrong so we will say it is lots . as in ring it out ..& out again.. wow !!!
Wind is calm ,, it is BROILING!!!

Its another hot day in the high 90's today.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Satan called Quebec...he wants his weather back!

Beauport, QC
High 37 °C/98.6°F
dewpoint 26
Feels like 51****123.8 (almost beat Western Canada's record).

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yeah, hot.

Hot and humid. No breeze either. Currently 85. Tomorrow will be mid 90s and Friday will be 99. HOT!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Only got to 95º.
Right now a cool 88º.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOL @ Country Gardens! ;D

Lethbridge AB had lots of picturesque weather last night. reports of a tornado touching down.
This shot caught my eye:
http://past.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/620/11949175/17/caab0194/plpcities/786/
and this video
http://past.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/620/11950469/5/caab0194/plpcities/1232/

Moose Jaw, SK
Current Weather 7:45 am CST
Partly cloudy

66°F

Feels Like : 72
Wind : S 9 km/h
Humidity : 76%
Pressure : 1014 kPa
Visibility : 9.9 km
Sunrise : 5:12
Sunset : 21:04
Ceiling : 6900 ft

This message was edited Jul 18, 2013 3:35 PM

We are suppost to get rain today.So i am going to mow,before it does.Right now it is getting hot already.I hope the rain can wait until late this evening.I mowed my dads yard and half of mine.I had to come in,because the sun is blazing again.

This message was edited Jul 18, 2013 1:08 PM

This message was edited Jul 18, 2013 1:11 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

88º

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh its cool at your house, Bernie. Right now the temp is 95 and yesterday it reached 97.
Windy, hot and DRY.
We need rain desperately as the corn is rolling and I feel like we have hoses attached to our hands. We have drip irrigation too but not for every thing.

Maxine

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Weather say 90 degrees mostly cloudy , garden thermometer in the shade says 97 degrees , it is still summertime ,,
IDEA FOR TODAY : Lets all go swimming in the shade of the willow pond ..
(I wish I had one of those)

HOT and humid. I had to water all day at work and even with a big straw hat on the sun still managed to sap all my strength.

Highs were in high 90s, currently at almost 9pm it is still 90. Tomorrow should be close to 100.

I did get all my mowing done today.The wind is picking up,so we just might get that rain tonight.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Cloudy, 75 right now, maybe up to 89, but never makes it that high because it rains, pouring down and drops back into the mid 70's. The only thing lovin this weather is the skeeters.
That dang tropical thing just seems to be hanging around here.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Nothing too different here. They're calling for a high of 93F.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Better today.
2/10" rain during the night.
Wind from NW & 78º

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.