Plumeria from Spring swap

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

plumeria rubra hibiscus-rosa 'Rene's Bored'

Thumbnail by 2ndChance Thumbnail by 2ndChance
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice

Mesa, AZ

Aaahhh, rifff-raff to the max! Nice job Rene!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Mine are growing nicely but still no blooms. I'm patient.

Pam

Phoenix, AZ

Nice try Rene, riff raff would only use cheap plastic flowers from the .99 store. You have nearly disqualified yourself.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

That is hilarious. I tried some Don Ho songs this morning. We shall see if that works.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm still riff-raff because I pull off the hibiscus blooms and feed them to my tortoises to save money on tortoise food.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Most of the new leaves and the edges on a few of the mature leaves on one of my plumies look like someone burned them, but all the other plumies look just fine, and they're all in the same 3 square foot area; any ideas?

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

'Novelty' has inflos!!! WOO HOO!!.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Good for you. I keep looking. At least now I know what I am looking for.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Brian - its just the heat. When a plumie is actively growing it sheds the older leaves rather rapidly. Just wait until they are lying flat against the trunk them they'll fall off with just a touch of your finger.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

The burn was mostly on new leaves.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Landscapers trimmed back my over grown mesquite. Now the plumeria will get plenty of sun but probably to late but we shall see.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Brian: can you post a pic? How many hours of full sun do they get?

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

It's hard to see them/it, but there's a picture in my previous post. They get 6-10 hours of full sun depending on the season. Right now I say it starts @ 8:00 thru 3:30 or 4:00.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

'Novelty' finally decided to open up.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am so jealous. Mine are headed into the garage area for the winter. I do not need anymore. We think we have an idea where to put them next year to get more sun but not get fried.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm officially hooked on plumies.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am going to fly there and kick your butt......

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Full morning sun and afternoon shade is what's worked for me. They're in planters, not in the ground and get a daily 5 minute drip from the irrigation system.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Mine are in planters. I do not think they got enough sun. They were on automatic irrigation. Mine, actually look better than yours. Maybe that is the problem. Great looking plants, to much nitrogen. I am putting them in two different areas next year to see which is the best spot. But I still love them without any blooms.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine got some sunburn, especially since I had issues with the irrigation several times this summer and theproblems went unnoticed for anywhere from a few days to a week.

Gilbert, AZ

I've got the same kind of leave damage on my plants, Brian.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I was about to get a good sniff from one of my plumies a couple of months ago, leaned in and found myself nose-to-nose with a praying mantis. Kind of shocking, but glad they're there, and subsequently found at least one on every blooming plumeria, right near the flower. They stayed in the same spot for weeks. Do they tend to hang out on plumies? Right now there's one on my lime tree. Wish I could see the little wankers before I was two inches away from it.
8^O

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I had no blooms on my plumerias but the praying mantis were there on the leaves. One day I was looking to see if I may have an inflo and this praying mantis as big as my head, startled me. Exaggeration. (LOL). When I looked they were everywhere. My garden helper, that is not a mow and blow guy, looked at it and said it was loaded with eggs that is why it was so big.

But you are right, you are looking around and suddenly they are right there. One day the leaf was tan and it was tan.

But I dance when I see them in the garden. They were eating something I could not see but there had to be something because they did not hang around for nothing.

Phoenix, AZ

Every time Eileen says *wanker* I laugh :)

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

When I'm talking about a wanker here sometimes, I have to scream. Especially if it's a praying mantis or hornworm!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.