Plants blooming today

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Large purple clusters are queens bower for one name.
Red bicycle has potatoe vine with callabrocoia and amaryillis that just finished blooming
Can someone ID the red one that to me looks like some kind of kalonchoe. It's in hanging pot. 3rd from left

Bonnie

Thumbnail by BonnieGardens Thumbnail by BonnieGardens Thumbnail by BonnieGardens Thumbnail by BonnieGardens
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

My philodendron is blooming.

Thumbnail by shauna1219
Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Where do you all find these plants? I never see anything like them at the nurseries I've been to.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Bonnie I took one snip of the queen's bower, but I'm not sure it is going to make it. The chinese lantern clippings looks good though. I almost hate leaving for a vacation when my garden is just popping out with so many new blooms each day.

Shauna I love the smell of the phil blossoms in the late evening, haven't seen any on mine yet.

Some blossoms around my garden;
Mexican flame vine busting out again after a beautiful fall showing. Usually it is frozen back by now.
Love my Dallas red lantana
Coral honeysuckle vine
The monarchs are back and laying eggs on the milkweed

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi, yes, the pic. #3 does indeed look like Kalanchoe blossfeldiana. Especially love the bike! :-)

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Q. queens bower came from nursery near here, other stuff was all given by friends.
Sherri, I planted all the seeds from Mexican flame vine and sure hope they grow. Love your lantana. I've got a few yellow sulfurs flying around. Do have some milkweed so hope monarchs come back here.

Tlm1-Bought 2 of those bikes at Winn Dixie as they were part of a display in the flower section but they had a price on them couldn't beat. $50. for the 2. Youngest dgt. snagged one. I painted it in a hurry before RU. I wanted to make it red, white and blue and might add the other colors one day. Just used whatever paint I had on hand. In its front pot holder is lime potatoe vine and calibrachoa. I love calibrachoa but everytime I find it its quite expensive for something thats just an annual. Thanks for the ID. Bought 3 - 4 arm plant holders from Craigs list and that just happened to be in one of the pots and that was about 3 yrs. ago and its still going strong.

Cloudy and a little windy here today, we are supposed to get some rain. I sure hope so. I use irrigation system but plants always seem to do better after a rain. My irrigation is swamp water so you would think they would love it. Swamp is so low its awful so we are praying for rain around here.

Happy gardening all.
Bonnie

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

My El Capitolio "Bloody Mary", purple passion vine and a red/yellow hibiscus cutting we rooted last year. I think it is a "Sunshowers".

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Blue Girl Rose and my Cramoisi Superieur Rose

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm really appreciating all the fun pics of your gardens,... Thank you for sharing all!

David

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

my plants are a little more boring than you guys' exciting plants, haha! love the pics

anyway, i always find myself taking pictures of my solid red hibiscus - as plain as it is - it's just a classic. sometimes they open up to 10 inches. it's a regular old hibiscus too. i bought two very expensive "Hibiskiss" and barely got the same quality blooms.

and i have to enjoy the Siloam daylilies because they are almost over (this pic is from a few days ago)

Thumbnail by coastalzonepush Thumbnail by coastalzonepush
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

All beautiful stuff you guys! I didn't realize that monstera bloomed and is fragrant!The bike is so whimsical. I love it. I'm not good at cute stuff like that.

Erin

This message was edited Apr 20, 2013 10:15 PM

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

The bike, Monarch, Siloam Daylilly ( unusual color and very nice! ) and blooming Philodendron pics were especially nice!

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

i agree on the others David, and i love Shauna's lavender colored rose!

when i first saw the Siloams, the first thing that came to my mind was "old fashioned" - but i love them. lightly fragrant too.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I love my Blue Girl rose...but the fungal problems down here can drive a person crazy.

Hey coastalzonepush, what HibisKiss hibiscuses do you have? I purchased one of their "Spin The Bottle". The blooms have such a neat design to them, but they are not as large as some of my others.

I got my first 2 daylilies this year and they are just a single plant. I can't wait till they bloom and start to spread!

Thumbnail by shauna1219
Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Shauna, i'm so happy someone can comment on the HibisKiss!

as a warning to others: if you do see them, as tempting as they are, you should save your money. maybe one or two. i hate to tell people not to buy from somewhere...please don't take it the wrong way.

well, i bought Good Night Kiss or Just Kissed (i can't tell from their website) and First Kiss. i returned them to HD. ok, maybe it was a problem with HD or maybe it was a problem under my care - i do not know. anyway, they were sad to look at, although they still bloomed on and off.
yours looks great Shauna! and i started with a single daylily last year, this year i got 18 scapes!

i know the 2nd last picture clearly needed water, but it was taken right before the rain. the 4th pic is the same yellow flower, only that one opened when it was a cold night.

Thumbnail by coastalzonepush Thumbnail by coastalzonepush Thumbnail by coastalzonepush Thumbnail by coastalzonepush
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Havent been outside in a few rainy days. I did open the window here by my computer for a little aroma therapy, and snapped a picture right from my chair. Heavenly, just heavenly.
To go out in the morning an smell the honeysuckle in the air, or late afternoon, just pure joy. The hummers are pretty thrilled with it also.

Thumbnail by gardenglory
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Those are some beautiful hisbiscus! My grandmother has an old one growing in front of her house. I think it's red if memory serves. My honeysuckle died because I had to move it. :( I hope to get a new one down the road. It was one of the native coral honeysuckles.

I did get outside today and harvested from my Tower Gardens. I'm so excited by what I got. Finally, a garden I can grow!

Erin

Thumbnail by tarziesgirl

Those cukes look wonderful!!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Qwilter! I'm thinking they are going to go into a cucumber, tomato and onion salad with Italian style dressing! Yummy!

Erin

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Great looking veggies Erin and those beans remind me of green snakes!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Erin, those veggies looked great!

I have a 4 o'clock bed in the front that my goal is to get every color/style of 4 o'clock in there. Historically we have had dark pink, yellow and the yellow/pink striped ones. I have randomly purchased different kinds of seeds and currently have 5 different colors blooming right now; 2 shades of pink, yellow, yellow/pink striped and one plant that is almost a red. One of the seed packs I got said it also had "blue" seeds. I am fairly certain that the flowers are not a true blue, but does anyone have an idea what color/shade they are? I am wondering if the lighter pink ones might be the "blue", because there is a slight blueish/purplish tint to them in the right light.

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Dont know about the blue. Ive been out round-uping white ones tho. They have gotten everywhere and they get huge. I moved a tuber this spring that was the size of a basketball.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I was going to mention the white ones too. They do get huge! They kind of reminded me of carrots when I was digging some up. If you want a blue flower you should try butterfly pea vine. They have the bluest flower I've ever seen.

Thanks David and Shauna! The beans are yard long, which I harvested early so they would be tender. I've also got yellow pear, Juliet hybrid (kind of remind me of Roma) and wild everglades tomatoes. The lettuce was a mix, but I know there's romaine and I think oak leaf, then some kind of reddish one up top. The cucumber is marketmore variety.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I would love some white ones GG...regardless of the size. Mine usually get 4-5 feet tall.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

And hibiscus cutting we rooted, I think it's called "Erin Rachel".

Thumbnail by shauna1219
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

So pretty! I took a bunch of pictures today from blooms around the yard. I'll share a little later.

Erin

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have to post my Dutch Yellow Truffle. It has made me so happy today. Its in my top three favorite daylilies. It has no teeth, it doesnt have a patterend eye, it has no ruffles, but for me, it floats my boat.

Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory
Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

the 4 o'clocks, hibiscus and daylilies are all beautiful - But - i love love that daylily, gardenglory! what a delicious name too! clear yellow

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Blooming today: White rain lily, aloe (not sure what kind), black eyed Susan vine, confederate jasmine, and bleeding heart vine (horrible weed in my opinion). More to follow.

Thumbnail by tarziesgirl Thumbnail by tarziesgirl Thumbnail by tarziesgirl Thumbnail by tarziesgirl Thumbnail by tarziesgirl
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Orange nasturtium (in the Tower), Louis Phillip rose, black eyed Susan (a type of coreopsis, black eyed Susan is what my Mom always called them), miniature red rose (unknown variety) and my fountain with floating water plants of some kind (not a bloom, but I thought it was pretty).

Erin

Thumbnail by tarziesgirl Thumbnail by tarziesgirl Thumbnail by tarziesgirl Thumbnail by tarziesgirl Thumbnail by tarziesgirl
Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

those are all so beautiful!! i think the floating plants are pretty. i didn't know the bleeding heart vine got weedy, thanks for sharing.

maybe that pretty aloe is a soap aloe?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks! I'll have to check on the aloe. The bleeding heart has taken over a bed of coontie I have in my front yard. I've pulled it all out several times and it comes back from every piece of root! I despise the stuff. If you don't want that plant FOREVER don't put it in the ground. It dies back every year and leaves my bed looking terrible. I wish I could get rid of it without killing other things.

Erin

And I wish my BHV would multiply & it doesn't. I have it in 2 locations (fences) & both have remained very sparse over the last 4 or so years. I spot it remains green all year. I got it hoping it would cover the fence.

Ocala, FL(Zone 9a)

Good Morning All!
I took a quick walk around this morning to grab pics of what's blooming around here:
First Canna bloom of the season I believe it is called Princess Di,an airplant that I have had for years, Pineapple Guava, Plumbago, and a black Tacca just opening this morning. Have a great gardening day!

Tony

Thumbnail by tony9779 Thumbnail by tony9779 Thumbnail by tony9779 Thumbnail by tony9779 Thumbnail by tony9779
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Qwilter, the bleeding heart I have is probably a different variety. There is another kind I think, and it looks more like a bleeding heart to me.

Tony, very nice! What is a tacca? Is it a bat flower?

Erin

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Love the look of the bat flowers...one of the weirdest, yet coolest looking plants!

Its on my want list! LOL

Shauna

I'm heading out to trim up palms & take pics of what is blooming.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Gotta love Bat flowers!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

They have them at the local orchid shows. David, have you been to the Power Plant?

Erin

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Yes. Its a cool DeLand hidden secret for many still, and well worth a visit! I almost bought a house on Marsh Road... I like the area a lot too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.