Coffee Break # 95

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Horrible tragedy. Don't want to dwell on it too much, but praying for all those affected by it. Just awful.

Karen

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Prayers for Boston and all effected by this senseless act.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

My kids had friends who witnessed the whole thing. Many other college kids were in lockdown after the explosion and they had to quickly return to their dorms. I hope at least the one with the videocamera got to earn a little money so his mind was focused on that instead of the horrible crime. Because of Facebook the news does travel pretty fast. I still haven't heard about the safety of the Sandy Hook families who had a special section at the finish line in their honor. The news media used some restraint because they didn't show the wounded children. Friday is the actual Patriot's Day.

Thomaston, CT

All the CT runners & families from Newtown are safe......just another horrible, senseless act....praying for all the wounded, physically & emotionally.....

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Neighbors across the street were robbed.
Middle of the night burglars found an unlocked door and stole purse and laptop.
Pol;ice are all over the neighborhood this morning.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh no.. not good

Thomaston, CT

Awful....scary for you, Jo! Have to tell Laurie, as she's only a few minutes away.....

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its the same bunch that broke into Sarahs car 3 years ago. Police said they operate at this time of year.
Neighbor is spending the day changing passwords,applying for a new passport.Cancelling credit cards.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That stinks!

Thomaston, CT

Can't trust anyone....always have my doors locked.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah me too.. and my neighbors always laugh at me

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Get Great Danes!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes that would do it.. LOL

South Hamilton, MA

Never leave anything in the car in driveways. It just takes a few seconds to carry it inside. Notification of anyone hurt in Boston would be in by now.
They seem to have # of pressure cooker. I wonder if it could be tracked from the warehouse by those. Atlanta which had the Olympic blast is being very helpful.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Any big friendly dog helps as a deterrent if he barks at strangers, though a Great Dane would be a great pet. It helps the whole neighborhood if there are some folks at home during the day too. Guess this is another, though unfortunate, sign of spring.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Growing up on a farm we never locked doors until a neighbor had been robbed. We felt violated

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Fits doesn't it.. LOL

Thumbnail by onewish1
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yep, it fits!! Hahaha

Thomaston, CT

Lio is one strange cartoon! I always felt safe with Robin in the house, but Suey would help a burglar....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Same here Marilyn, Harper is a big deterrent but if someone got in Winston would show them around and Abby would leave with them!

That's funny Allison!

Doing some strange stretching in PT...he recommended yoga...not sure if I can be still that long but might give it a try.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh Jo, that is always so unsettling! Big growling dogs are a huge deterrent! I will bet that most of us grew up never locking any doors, even when we were out for errands. It is so sad how vulnerable we have all become with the way society has changed. Hank thinks I am too cautious, but he hasn't seen the inner workings of thousands of criminal minds like I have. It admittedly has affected me and made me less trusting of strangers.

This seems to be the only thread I'm able to check right now. My mind is spinning trying to remember where things go (NH or CT?) and what we will need in NH when we open up the Farm this weekend. Arrrgh....things will settle down soon......I hope 🙀

Thomaston, CT

That sounds like a big job, Louise! Take it slowly......Nice day at the farm, the kids didn't argue even for a minute....we planted peas, played on the swings, rode bikes, made moss beds for the fairy village......

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Fun day in the outdoors!!!

One breath at a time Louise. If you forget something it will make it on the next trip. .

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

They have adjusted the pixels with the avatars, everyone may want to go back delete the current one and reload it. I did and it's much clearer now

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you are right Jen.. thanks!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

welcome!

Thomaston, CT

I have no idea how to download an avatar.....suggestions?

South Hamilton, MA

I think that I followed directions & have the picture, but it doesn't work.

Lists for each place, Louise, plus a huh? list.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Go to 'my tools' tab click 'preferences' on left side click 'your picture' and the page comes up to pick a profile pic(if you want) and the avatar pic

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Ugh. No media are covering what the psych hospitals are doing in order to manage. I worked 11 hours yesterday. The medical dept at the women's prison is getting more than usual who were discharged to the courts when there's an argument that they broke probation. One person I saw who had been just discharged said they knew how to get to a 9 mm Smith and Weston and that they had plans to use it. They're not usually that direct.

Thomaston, CT

OMG.....not the best of working conditions!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Holy cow, Rosemary! What do you do with that info?

We got the call yesterday finding out what grandy #12 will be. Drum roll please........ I will need to stock up on girly fabrics for more doll clothes.

Thomaston, CT

How exciting.....girls are fun to dress!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I am thankful that the school where I used to teach sponsors consignment resale events twice a year. I have been getting lots of things very cheaply.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Congrats! Just found out my nephew and wife's next one is going to be a girl also(along with my other nephew and his wife)...so I'll have 2 more great nieces this summer

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Congrats, to you, too!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

1 is due in August other beginning of Sept

Thomaston, CT

Fun for you, too, Jen....I only have 2 great nieces, but I love buying things for them.....

South Hamilton, MA

Lovely. However I would rather not have known what our children were. Our 2 youngest grands, both girls, one likes dolls & the other does not. All 4 granddaughters dislike pink.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I didn't find out what I was having either....I like the surprise much better

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.