Coffee Break # 95

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

welocme back victor and hope the family can recover and get back to normal - tough to lose someone close.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just had to post this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFro7RlKzE8&feature=player_embedded

South Hamilton, MA

I bet the poor cat was dizzy.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee

Hopefully this link works. A former student, Sarah, has written a book. This is a good blog to introduce you to her. The book is a memoir of her battle of being diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 27. Her book was just published last week. It came out on the 7th anniversary of her being diagnosed. It chronicles her struggles and then her 'chance' meeting of a Somali woman and her kids on the Max train in Portland. I could hardly ut it down. It is titled. the Invisible Girls by Sarah Thebarge.

http://storylineblog.com/2013/04/26/love-our-neighbor/

Thomaston, CT

Jan, your former student sounds like an awesome person....what a moving story! Jo, thanks for the kitty video....I needed it. Drove an hour down to the hospital, another 40 min. to the beach. I was there an hour when my cell rang & the vet told me Suey didn't have enough white blood cells to do chemo today.....drove home.....took 2 hours in Friday traffic.....I'm beat. I was very worried about Suey, but the vet said it wasn't unusual, & they'll give her a smaller dose next time. She's in remission & doing well......

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Great news about your pet.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

best wishes.. hugs

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, hugs, dear RD

Thank you for the kind words. Sarah is a sweetheart. Most of the proceeds are going to a college fund for the girls. I so enjoy reading her blogs.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Great news about Suey, Marilyn. This has been as hard on you as it has been on Suey. Great spirit lifter after a very hard day!

Jan, your student's book sounds interesting to me too. I will surely take a hard look at it myself! Her success must make you feel very good!

Hope the healing continues for all, Victor!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yay for Suey!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

great!!

South Hamilton, MA

People have that problem with chemo as well. don't get discouraged.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks all.....

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Hey all. Been a bit absent for a while but hope to catch up again. Sorry to hear about your MIL, Victor.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thank you.

A good friend was right near the finish line at Boston. A friend of his, who had stayed with him, was running and had finished about 1/2 hr earlier. My friend then left and came back to eat at one of those outdoor patio restaurants less than 50 yards from the finish. He and his wife were crawling on hands and knees through the chaos and panic. Glass, blood, stuff everywhere. Said he will never forget the screams.

Thomaston, CT

How horrible.....they may need counseling to help them.......

He seems okay. Don't know about his wife.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Horrible experience to go through.

Good to see you Songs!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Terrible Victor! Hope they have no lasting scars.

Hi Songs! Welcome back!!!!

Thomaston, CT

Must go out & weed.....that's going to be my mantra for this week!

South Hamilton, MA

right! I took a day off after first weeding yesterday.. break yourself in slowly.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

guy in my softball team ran in the race - his sister and niece were 2 of the injured - sister lost both legs and niece has had multiple surgeries - niece was the girl on the front page of the globe day after.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

So sad Bill, sorry to hear that.

Big time weeding today, did my back in for sure. Definitely over did it but it is calling for lousy weather the rest of the week.

Wow - terrible, Bill. My friend's family has seen their share. His older brother, also a close friend, is an NYPD cop who lost many friends on 9/11.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Bill, so sorry for your friend's family. So many stories of loss. Are you following the coverage about advances in prosthetics? I think perhaps that is some small comfort. I hope the Onefund gives afflicted families the chance to have a new limb with every conceivable use that money can buy. I know it's not everything, but it's a start.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my heart just dropped reading that.. so sorry Bill

Thomaston, CT

Just awful, Bill....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Me, too, Allison!

I am finding it very difficult to process media reports that actually try to make excuses for these lowlife brothers, as well as converting their lunatic mother. I seethe. Salt in the wound is that they were on public assistance. Bad dream.

South Hamilton, MA

very sorry Bill. I do hope that the One fund helps take care of them.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2013 8:44 PM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It's all just so terrible, don't expect you'd have to go thru something like that.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Bill, how terrible!!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Do not know the guy although tragedy's seem to find a way to get close

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Really teary today...the house I grew up in was settled today...over 50 years of memories...just can't seem to stop crying for some reason. Sure wish the sun was out...

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I'm sorry Luv's. :(

Thomaston, CT

Hugs, Ronnie. I get tears looking at my childhood home.......we lived in my Grandma's house until I was 7, & moved from our first house when I was 10, but I remember the way it used to look when we lived there....very different today....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, honey, been there, too. I don't like to go past my first childhood home...or rather where it used to be. Imminent domain...to put in a road. Hugs!!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

bill, that must hit awfully close to home. How tragic....it is almost incomprehensible to see so much tragedy and trauma.

I understand your tears, Ronnie. There is so much emotional importance tied up with our childhood homes. Our family home that my Dad designed and built is in our neighborhood in FL. It is not cared for anywhere near like my Dad kept it, and now there is another house in what was our backyard. I make myself walk by it every day to keep it from having power over my emotions, and I focus on my Mom's orchid tree when it is in bloom. You don't have that option now, so I feel for you and think you are entitled to tears.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks guys...sort of felt like I was being a baby about it...didn't think it would be this hard. Glad to find out a young neighborhood girl bought it, her parents are from the area too, my brother went to school with her mom and my husband knows the dad, small world. Made me feel a bit better.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no don't feel like a baby.. I am sure there are a lot of us that feel the same way.. I can't even imagine IF I ever get brave enough to head down the shore .. my Grandparents had a house in Toms River.. we spent every summer in that house.. bad news is .. it's most likely gone.. they were only a few blocks away from the Seaside Bridge.. and that whole neighborhood is gone.. I believe .. can't even really think about it.. even though we didn't own it anymore.. I still liked to drive by when I was down there

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.