Coffee Break # 95

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coming from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302489/

April showers bring May flowers, right? My April showers are white ones unfortunately!

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the new thread Celeste! Sorry for your snow :(

I went to PT on Thursday for my back, I swear it made it worse! WTH and I'm supposed to go 3xs a week. I'll stick with it but sometimes I wonder if it's a waste of $$$.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oohh that's not good.. feel better Ronnie!!

Thomaston, CT

I'm hoping that Louise, Hank, & Ronnie are all doing better! No one should be sick in springtime.....too much to do! Cute coffee mugs, Pixie....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sorry Ronnie, hope in time it works. :)
Louise I hope you and Hank feel better soon! Glad your back in the N.E....Welcome Home!!!!
Glad you liked them Robin, I thought they were cute. :)

DD Tiffany had this made for my car. ^_^ I love it!!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oohh sticker for the window??.. how nice!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes, can't wait to put it on. :)

Thomaston, CT

Really like it.....what a thoughtful child!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Love the sticker!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Been absent for awhile. Can't seem to make time to get on here. Sorry about that. I seem to be getting pretty lazy lately and just want to get on FB on my phone these days, as it's so easy to do on there. Anyhow, I'm going to go back and see what I've missed. BBL.

Karen

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

added my avatar. This was a year ago. I'm riding Alice.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I like the avatars but wish they were a bit clearer and bigger.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Jan, congrats on the #12 grandbaby in TX! How exciting for you. Don't know yet if I can make it to your plant swap, though I'd love to come. The New England Daylily Society is having a plant sale around the week before. I will be selling plants, so don't know if I'll have much to swap. Please d-mail your address so I can see how far away you are.

Celeste, sounds like Easter was a blast at your place. You go all out. Sounds like everyone had a great time. That was so nice of your DD to make that sticker for your car.

We had a very quiet one here. My sister was at her boyfriend's house, so it was just my nephew Ryan, my friend Gretchen, and myself. Gretchen's mother was originally going to come over, but she decided to pass. She took a fall while cleaning out her garden just a few days before Easter, and broke her wrist. She's hoping she won't have to have surgery.

Louise, are you planning on buying another house in Florida after you sell the one there? The coconut Easter eggs around the for sale sign are really cute. How nice of them to do that.

Congrats on the newest addition, Victor. Glad to hear you had a good Easter. Sorry to hear about your MIL. I will be praying for her.

Sorry to hear about you losing your crown, Marylin. :-O Glad you had a nice Easter. Poor Suey! I will be praying for her. I would not be able to do chemo with Patches if it was needed. Just could not afford it.

Ronnie, good luck with your GD living with you. It will be different, for sure.

LOL on the Catholic joke, Victor! I've read that one before, but forgot how it went.

Bill, what a huge splinter! I hate getting them. The worst ones, though, are the tiny thorns from blackberries. So hard to see and grasp them. Ouch, on that razor blade in the shoe! Man!

Okay, I'm caught up now. Got to see what I can add for an avatar.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Yay! New Avatar. Yes, wish it were bigger and clearer.

Karen

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Celeste, those mugs are great! DD is really something to make that sign for you; very nice! Thanks to you and Marilyn for your get well wishes. 👍 I have had a nice day of down time while Hank was in New Haven at his 50th Track Team reunion. I think I just needed some crash time. He will be home late tonight after the dinner. I'm betting he will be pretty tired tomorrow.

Lucy, I love your avatar....lovely image!

Karen, No, we bought a condo near my son in Connecticut, and we will be going to Florida for just Jan, Feb & March as renters instead of being residents. We left with it still on the market. We may end up having another winter in our house. The couples who had an interest have houses to sell first, so we'll see where it goes.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, okay. Sounds good. I hope you get it sold soon. What are you doing with the place in NH?

Karen

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Getting over a cold in time for Patriot's Day. Doesn't impact the Boston Marathon, however, since I never run that. I was laid off from my plant watering job back in Feb. but I was getting very tired of the driving and thinking of retiring anyhow. Good relationship with my boss, just she had economic difficulties as many small businesses have had. Oh, well, we are attempting to repair my sunroom and I will be home to supervise that. Hurricane Sandy put the kiss of death on the roof out there and we are hoping to have a new one this spring. The estimate has yet to come in. I really love that room as it was one of the main reasons we bought the house.
Martha

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we went to another haunt meet yesterday ... Randy had professional show him how to solder circuits ... the guy said he was a quick learner... I did a demo on how to use hypertufa .. (can't believe all those people who make there own tombstones didn't know about tufa.. at least we could contribute something).. we were able to use the guys drill press to put a hole in a plastic skull we are putting together with electronics .. ate some great food.. and we are both beat today.. LOL

Thomaston, CT

Louise, Hank must be thrilled his alma mater won the NCAA hockey championship.....Allison, sounds like you had a productive day....Karen, thanks for the prayers for Suey, she needs them.....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh yeah.. here is something else I learned yesterday.. they cut holes in soda bottles to catch the wind.. sounded like ghosts howling.. was wondering if it might keep the deer away

http://w1.neuronnexion.com/~dferment/ukplasto.htm

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just had to share this.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Thomaston, CT

Wow.....sure-footed sheep!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

neat!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

cool pic
sounds like fun Allison
Went to a mineral and gem show today

This message was edited Apr 14, 2013 7:06 PM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Neat Allison, nice you taught them something too. :)
Wow Jo!
I love gem & mineral show Jen.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I have to show up for possible jury duty...May 10th I go in, I hope im not picked!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I hope you are not picked alsoooooo!!!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I got out of it last time. Didn't mean to but they didn't like my answer to one question.
True story...
Lawyer asked each person questions to see if they want to pick you as a juror. I was doing great, felt it was my duty to serve if they were to pick me. They got to a subject that makes me hot under the collar and when it came my turn he asked... " What kind of punishment would you give a man who has never been in trouble before, but has been accused of touching a child in an inappropriate way? " Without thought or hesitation I answered "CUT HIS PENIS OFF" I was dismissed, pretty much right there and then on the spot! LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I like those shows as well.. and that was a great answer Celeste!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Great answer!
Yeah pretty much if you say what you're really thinking you'll get kicked off every time

There was a case that I was chosen for and it was a spanish speaking women who was going to need an interpreter thru the whole proceedings, she was suing everyone and their mother cause her son ended up with some scar tissue on his ankle from a difficult birth...My feelings must have shown on my face cause I was dismissed without even saying a word

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Yes, Marilyn! That was very exciting! Hank stopped in the gym at Yale last night where they had a big screen to watch the hockey game. He said the students were going wild and there were bands playing, etc. He decided to leave and beat the crowd on the road, but he enjoyed the excitement of it all and was very happy they won.

Jo, what a cool pic of the sheep!

Karen, the farm will be our primary home once the house in FL sells.

Celeste, good answer! I think they got it! 😏

Allison, those haunt meets sound like our RUs! Fun and educational as well!

Did you buy any gems or rocks, Jen! Love those shows, but can't resist buying a geode or something else amazing.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Both the kids had $10 each to spend

They got a small free quartz from the Himalayas
My son bought a geode, an amber and citrine
My daughter bought amber, a mixed stone butterfly( and for the life of me can't remember what else she got) I know she wanted a pink quartz heart but don't remember if that's what she got

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

they are exactly that Louise.. but they do them once a month.. and we are so glad for that!

Thomaston, CT

My son has some nice rocks & minerals....guess it's time to pass them to Grant.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Prayers for family and friends of those at the Boston marathon

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Right now I'm contacting all the relatives worried about the explosion in Boston. We are hoping our son stayed home and studied today. Several of my kids' friends were there and one we know was videotaping at the time of the explosions. Facebook got jammed up with safety checks and the phone lines were also jammed for a while. If I hadn't been out working the shovel today, who knows that I wouldn't have wanted to be at the Marathon finish! Somehow I've always known that gardening is a lifesaver.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hope all goes well for your kids friends Rosemary (((♥♥♥)))

Real scary...praying for all involved.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Indeed. My husband heard the explosions 10 miles away here at our home. Not unusual, we can hear the Boston fireworks on the 4th of July, but he wondered what they were.
Martha

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Waiting to hear from my neighbor her daughter and family live there

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

The crime scene centered on the area around the finish line near Copley Square. Were your neighbor's children at the Marathon? The blasts were confined to a half block right near the finish line. Busses had been stopped as the roads were still closed for the race, the subway that goes through there was halted and they cancelled the hockey game and the basketball game and the symphony, none of these venues was actually affected by the blast. My husband is going to work the long way round tomorrow as he doesn't want to go on the Turnpike which is in a tunnel underneath that area. I hope they catch whoever did this. Nobody in that crowd deserved what happened to them.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.