Morning Gories Late Winter-Early Spring 2013

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298700

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Had one not so nice mg bloom but am happy I got my first male Ruby throat today. I hope it warms up for him. Please excuse my old feeders, they are my favorites and they don't make them anymore.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I like the color on your bloom Helena.
Your hummers like the feeders and that's all that matters. :-)

Practicing since I'm having such a hard time sending pics. Was a little bit easier today.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I love your gorgeous blooms. Can't wait for warmer temps and lots of blooms.

Thanks Helena. Looking forward to some warm spring weather too. Surely it wont be long now.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Congrats on the hummer!!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Quote from patootie :
I like the color on your bloom Helena.
Your hummers like the feeders and that's all that matters. :-)

I Agree! Sides' if it aint broke, don't replace it LOL

okiess, i had to string more tape up for the vines downstairs, they are everywhere.. anyway here are a few of what was blooming yesterday..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Lovely blooms you're getting too Debra. Like the ceramic? girl figurine.

thanks, it is a very old planter.. really old LOL

Gautier, MS

Love all your blooms Debra, they are gorgeous!

Just wish my camera would do this bloom justice, it's a deep dark blue not this blue it shows. The pink is pretty much it. My hummer is still here I was hoping he'd go to FL for a couple of days till it warmed up. His on the move and hiding low at times in the bushes.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms Helena and sweet little hummer. Our hummers should be back in a couple of weeks.
I hope it will have warmed up a bunch by then.

Linda love your pretty Amaryllis in previous thread.

2011 pics

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Love your pretty blooms Jackie.

Karen, the first bloom is from your seeds (silky blue-not) beautiful dark resembles Star of India. I have another similar that bloomed this morning, Scarlet O'Hara and a lavender blue.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms this morning Helena.

love your blooms and your hummer, Helena. Jackie your pandys always bring a smile to my face. Thank You. ;)

I'm glad you enjoy them Debra. :-) The first stem should be up by early April.

Found this open this morning. My old vine from last yr but can't tell you the name right now. The orange seeded one.

My Mandevilla should be open tomorrow. Mealy bugs after this vine.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Is that your transvall,Jackie?

Debra, yes thank you. A Sr moment for me. :-)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Wow, look at all the pretty blooms and hummers! We had our first hummer today, we have black chinned hummers. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, that is a very pretty color and the bloom seems to be bigger which makes it even nicer. I grew the mandevilles years ago, they have nice flowers.

Silky blue bloom today from Karens seed. This one is true, checked in plantfiles.Black King and calliandra I bought from a nersury and this agastachy spent the winter outside and is blooming now. Turned out b
to be a tough little plant.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. The Transvaal is only 2 and 1/2 inches but I was up close making it appear larger.,

Beautiful Silky Blue and Black King blooms. I've yet to grow a Black King, maybe this summer.

I'm partial to the Calliandras and the Agastacys too. Love the fragrance of the Agy.

Thumbnail by patootie

Love them all, I can just almost smell them.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra. I do like growing Black King and the others too.

Pretty bloom Jackie, I have to grow a few of those Fujis this year.

This bloom from Blue Marble Not is large from the beije seed I started, have another vine am hoping for dark blooms. And this blue bloom is a lot darker almost purple than what the camera shows. Bought a passion vine from Lowes the other day, Iochroma from mail order. Last pic is of Scarlet O'Hara At least 2 of my vines spent the night outside and no heat lamps or lights inside gh. I took out a lot of my plants out since it was a beautiful day outside yesterday. Today it looks like it wants to rain.

Jackie not sure about this BMN, does it resemble A. no Sora?

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful MG's. Your BMN does resemble F no Sora somewhat.
Anxious to see the BMN bloom from your 2nd
vine. Love the pretty Iochroma and Passion vine. If your Iochroma makes sds please save me a few. ;-)

Thumbnail by patootie

An Oxalis for St Patty's Day.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, Pretty bloom and cute Oxalis.

I missed a bloom from this morning. Here are some of my seedlings that will need repotting in the future.

That is a lot of seedlings!

Helena, Nice pink bloom and your seedlings look great.

lovely bloom and I LOVE oxalis and iochroma..

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Have 3 nice blue blooms picture together. You can see the difference, BMN and Silky Blue dark blue came from my blue mix. Then Klack King with 2 blooms.

Pretoria, South Africa

Helena, love your blues...

Gautier, MS

Thanks Elsa. How was your summer? It's finally warming up a little here, feels great to be able to spend more time outside.

Gorgeous blues Helena. Love all of those.

oh the joy of seeing beautiful blooms when i needed it most, thanks, Helena. You Rock.
Elsa, I sent you a package, plz let me know when you get it.
Love you all, my net family.. i just talked to sister and she isn't doing so hot.. I am almost to a point where I am afraid to call her.. that is bad..
bad me.. I will always call her, but it is so hard to listen to her be in pain . *sigh*
guess i better get back on nerve pills.

So sorry to hear this bad news Debra re your sis. I'm still praying for her and I
admire her spunk for the fight she's waged so far.

Sorry to hear she is not doing well Debra! Please tell her we are praying for her! Sending you lots of ((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra. Debra, I'm keeping your sis in prayers too. Hope she is feeling better.

Have a gray haze bloom this morning (I think), a pink and Scarlet O'Hara with the faded dark blue bloom from yesterday still open.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Pretoria, South Africa

Debra,

Thanks, I will keep you updated.

Helena,

The previous growing season 2011 / 2012 was hopeless. My MG's germinated, grew a few inches and disappeared. This past one 2012 / 2013 was much better. We had very strange weather for SA. Lots of cool days at the beginning of Summer, with lots of rain (always welcome). I started some "old" seed. Some back to 2005, and they grew as if their life's depended on it. Started flowering, and then we had the one heat wave after the other from the end of December. It is supposed to be Autumn, and the mornings are way cooler, but the days are real scorchers. Needless to say my dear MG stopped flowering. I am waiting for the seed to dry so I can get rid of the "ugly" vines... I am not complaining though. I was able to snatch a few lovely photos. Will post a few. Not sure of the names. Will have to look them up when I pull the vines.

Thumbnail by Elsa123 Thumbnail by Elsa123 Thumbnail by Elsa123 Thumbnail by Elsa123 Thumbnail by Elsa123

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.