A few pretty pictures from today before tonight...

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

It's amazing how incredible today was and what tonight and early morning is supposed to be like! March?!!!

Before I brought the little Azalea in and the Sedums and assorted similars near it were next to go under the bench,... I thought to myself,." Take some pics and arrange those together and make a little fun before the drudgery of all that moving and covering...

...These are some of my favorites and just wanted to share them. This should be the last cold snap of the year we hope?

The weather situation itself forced this situation and the pictures, and without it I may not have had the idea!

Good luck tonight all facing frost fears tonight.

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Delightful!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

lovely

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Sometimes I lurk on the Florida site as I used to live in St Cloud.

My goodness, David! Very cool!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Nice....very very nice.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

It's nice hearing from all of you and keep on lurking Terri! Thank you...

I shot these succulent box pic's at the same time yesterday (before it got covered with a thick blanket) and thought some might like them too. I'm aiming for that "Under the Sea" look with this one and only started it last year...

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand

You are very talented, indeed!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Very creative. I hope your yard does not receive a lot of damage. When I got up at midnight to check temp. here it was 26 so weatherman was way off. I mulched very thick so I'm hoping for the best.
Keep up the great gardening.
Bonnie

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I was amazed at how little frost damage I've had Bonnie. Thank you and Kay.

This message was edited Mar 5, 2013 8:40 AM

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

These pictures aren't really garden shots as much as just pretty single pictures to share. Thats why I came back to this thread.

It's hard to believe that just 6 or 7 days ago we were battling that last call freeze. These are some of my favorite 'survivors of Winter 2013 pics' just taken today. No more FROST!

The last picture is of a pretty salad from last night made solely from Lettuces and veggies from the front gardens that needed to be harvested yesterday,... and the cooked veggies last night were from the Carrots and Kohlrabi from the back!

David

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand

All are just beautiful!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Kay!

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL! I'm hungry and that salad looks gooooood.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Good hearing from you Terri,

I'm glad you saw the humor in that last throw in picture!... You made me smile... {:-)

Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

I love your plants!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This is the first time I've heard from you in my newness to this forum Nefitara. Thank you.

The plant you were wondering about is a Yucca. (answer to your D-mail question on the pic's and thought the same information might be valuable to another somewhere) Its prone to 'brownspot', and sometimes they need fungicidal spray on occasion to control it. I am glad you brought that plant to my attention as mine needs attention now too!

If anyone else in Florida or elsewhere has been having problems with their Yucca's looking spotty it is a fungus that can be easily controlled. A good thing to research for Yuccas.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Another frost warning now?

I am going to have to believe that we aren't going to go too low again here with the temp's, and am just going to believe in that.

These are some pics I took about 6 this afternoon today, and am hoping to all these kids looking happy tomorrow! "Good-bye Winter tonight. Do your last and let Spring press in!"

The Superschmelz Kohlrabi are the plants in front that were put in today. They can easily take tonight and will likely be ready to harvest well before the Amaranthus, Okra, and other Summer plants develop when put in after them and behind them in this bed. Thats the plan anyway...

The last picture is of "The Bebeschnix". Shes almost 17 now and she loves her gardens without the effort of working in them!

Shes been a very good girl over the years,... and it makes me happy to see her happy in the gardens....

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

Thank you David! I thought it was, but want sure. Do you know how old it is? I have a small one, its about a year old. Just wondering how long I have to wait before mine gets that big. That's got to be an older tree.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Love the photos, the green is just coming back around here and it is so good to see. Your cat looks so happy and I love the bell! We just rescued a stray cat (possibly dumped) here at work. Once our barn is built I get to take her home. Can't wait to finally have a cat back in the garden. My Rat-the-Cat live into her twenties. Needless to say, she was a fixture....

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

You are very welcome Nefitara and hope to hear more from you here...
I love my garden Cats to Terri, and then some! These pictures are of "The Spank" out in the gardens with me today. I like to think that the reason they stay around the gardens and don't wander much is because they are happiest in their own gardens with me...

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

WoW, not only do I love your garden....I love your cat, she is gorgeous! I sure do miss my girls :( What a little love you have there!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I feed feral cats that look just like that. I noticed the other day, one has a broken leg, Im contemplating what to do about that.

My cats love the yard too, they can stay out with me as long as they dont stalk the birds.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, I love the Siamesies the best. Yours is gorgeous. I'm sure "The Spank" thinks so too.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

The Spank and me Thank You Terri.

Spank gets along with all the other cats in the hood that wonder onto the property. He loves his home and seems to understand the parameters without being too territorial. It amazes me how strong yet kind he is on the whole with strangers in guiding them away...They seem to respect him... and he seems to share a bit of his gardens and ponds fairly ( Where the strangers like to drink and relax too,...Ha!) He seems to be able to handle social situations with a fairly playful chase and pop on the tail to shue them away when they bother the chickens or such too much,...and then they are back the next day again... The kids and their friends I suppose...

Sometimes I think Siamese might look Alien to other cats who have not been around them before. The black faces on the pale bodies with those pop out blue eyes? Maybe the other cats see them as Alien hybrid Opossums or something and tend to listen when they walk!!! HaHaHa!...................just a thought?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

A few new 'Undersea' succulent box planter pic's from today, and especially because the little Bromiliads center are at their best this time of year...

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

forgot this one...

Now, David - those are just TOO CUTE!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This is "Tillandsia ionantha". I use them in many places ariound the gardens and they look nice with the orchids too.

I've never seem them get this colorful before and am wondering if it had to do with the last minute cold weather...

I don't know, but I'd love to have some - want to trade with me?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I don't trade through mail Kay. Only locally. Sorry...

Port Richey, FL(Zone 9a)

I love it, I little miniature land of its own! :)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Love the pictures

I lived with 3 Siamese family more than 20 years and I and I can tell you they are Aliens!!! LOL

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you Nefitara and Sandy. Wishing your knee improves Sandy...

Flagler Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

David, I just saw your underwater scene, and it looks just like a reef! I love to snorkel in the Keys, or anywhere there's a reef, and your little garden surly is a replica of a reef, just beautiful!

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Can snorkel in my back yard right now!!!!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm glad you saw that in them Jami. That is the look I'm aiming for with that one, and I just added a few new succulents to it that reall help pull the look off! Thank you...
I'm really glad you guys got the good Spring rain Q........."Wheres ours!!!"

It sure the heck is BREEZY here though right now!

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Over 5" in 2 days. Tmrw wind at 30MPH!!!!!! Then the 3 mid-30 nites.
At least I'm not having to shovel snow!!!!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Here are a few pictures that match Davids from his yard. These are from mine.
Vine isnt to evident, but there. It used to grow up the tree, like yours, but the ivy won.
Angel wing
Tree down and not removed, the pilated woodpeckers love it. I like the stump for a potting bench.
Only Live Oak I have, in the front yard.
A surprise find poking out of the walking iris.

Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I hate to say goodbye to azeala season, but there is always next year. last picture is the pot graveyard.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2013 8:08 PM

Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory Thumbnail by gardenglory
Flagler Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Yeah !!!!!!!, We had some meaningful rain today! And the high winds too! I thought we'd lose some trees behind us, they were all leaning and swaying so much! And rain last night for a short period.

David, your underwater scene made with plants is a natural wonder, perfect replica of what it looks like when snorkeling! I wrote down some of the plants you named and hope to pick them up as soon as I can afford it. I love the yuca plant, the tillandsia ionantha and the huge philadendrum that is climbing your tree! I hope I got the spelling correct of these plants, but they are on my shopping list!

Gardenglory, I have azalea's too, and it's so sad that they can't stay in bloom longer than they do, such a shame, but I love the bogavillia's (sp?) as they stay in bloom for most of the year. I have 3 so far planted around my new home. I'd have more but my vegetable gardens come first, next year I'll add more flowered plants.

Here's my pot grave yard , and a few tire's meant for growing potatoe's, and a few pieces of lawn furniture that need repaired, lol, I hate throwing anything away, if I can find a use for it, it goes behind the green house, out of sight!

Thumbnail by jamibad Thumbnail by jamibad

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.