March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

This pic from a post by rntx22 on the current voting booth thread is very attractive. I do like the petunias. Also, the planter in this pic is the about the same size as the church planter. Would watering once a week be enough? I could water twice a week during the hottest part of summer without making a special trip. Mums did well last fall, so I could replace the petunias with mums by late summer. A better plan for all 4 seasons would be ideal.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9465432&extraimg=3

I see that we have a container gardening forum. I'm going to take a look there now. Bye. : )

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I'm back from the container forum which had so much information that I feel overwhelmed! lol

I just had a thought. I have some saved 4 o'clock seeds. I may give them a try for the summer time. I see that they're considered drought resistant. I've just never grown them in a container.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Will, I am just getting a regular 1 wheeled barrow. Probably an 6 cu ft steel bed on it. I think this is the one I've been eyeing at work. Since my dad forgot to bring the one we have home I will have to get a new one. I didn't really want to splurge on one but I need it. lol. I had to pick up sticks and without a wheelbarrow or a mower (which is also at my grandma's) to hook to the trailer I couldn't get all the little ones.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/True-Temper-6-cu-ft-Steel-Wheelbarrow-with-Steel-Handles-and-Flat-Free-Tire-C6ORUT14/202057391?N=bx50

Hope you all are enjoying the weather today because its still supposed to snow tomorrow. lol

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Now that's a wheel barrow, good choice! And it comes with a rubber tire! Hey, mine doesn't even have steel handles! Good price too, even including that tire, which is probably $25 to $30 itself. It looks like Homedepot is a bit more competitive now-a-days on prices.

I have a wooden planter like the one in your link to the container gardening forum, green, that gives me quite a few ideas for mine, thanks! Okay, it's kinda old! But, it's still in one piece, I haven't used it much or had it out in the weather. I had big plans for it at one time! Actually, in this pic I was all gungho on putting my Cholla cactus on one side and my Prickly-Pear on the other. I had cut a piece of plywood and everything, needless to say, that idea never materialized..lol I still have the cactuses but they reside in metal containers now! Well, the Cholla resides in a Christmas popcorn can and the Prickly-Pear is in a metal bucket! Here they are in all their glory last year, just loving the heat I presume! - They are hardy, they are out there now! I leave them outside every year!

Snow tomorrow eh?! Anything is possible I suppose! Well, this is the time for surprises, right when your thinking about when to set houseplants and tropicals and stuff outside!
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf

The snow won't amount to anything much but it's still too early to put stuff out. I haven't even started cleaning any of the gardens yet. lol

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

I found a better photo of it, this photo has my trademark date stamp on it, it's nearly 7 years old! - I think I paid $24.99 for the one on the left and $19.99 for the one on the right.
I've never had anything planted in that one on the left, oddly enuff. The wood planter on the right has a clump of Surprise Lilies in it right now.
Boy, what a drastic change in temperature between today and tomorrow! 70° today and 42° tomorrow!

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Pepper, that is a real wheel barrow! I lucked out & have an old heavy duty wheel barrow that someone gave me. It's very old, but in great shape. It's built similar to yours in style & quality. You'll probably still be pushing that wheel barrow around when you're as old as me! lol

I'm still struggling with a cold, so didn't want to make things worse by developing a sinus infection (which I'm very prone to this time of the year), so I tried to stay out of the garden. I did spend a few minutes pulling creeping charlie from a bed & relocated a bunch of decorative rocks while the bunnies played in the backyard. I also aired my bike tires & rode just a bit to test it out. Chloe spent hours just riding her bike up & down the sidewalk in front of our house. She returns to school tomorrow. Good thing! I know that she's going to be worn out today. Her blood sugar was 98 when she finally came in which is very good for her.

Surprise Lilies? I'll have to look into that Will. I doubt that the church planter cost as much as yours. It's black plastic, but quite large.

Off to work & covering for someone who's been off since Thursday, so glad that I rested well last night. (Nothing here is an April Fool's joke. It is all true.) ha! ha!

I forgot to pick up the wheelbarrow while at work so I just ordered it online. lol. As soon as that was done my dad pulls in and the wheelbarrow he forgot the other day is on top of his pile. Oh well. We need another one so he will leave one here!! lol

NEW THREAD!!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1305246/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.