CLOSED: DJ'S FALL ROUND ROBIN SEED SWAP 2012 PT 8

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you for the seeds, Michelle. I was so touched by your note! You are an amazing person and friend.

All you in the path of the snow storm, be safe. We may get a grand total of 3" of the white stuff, although I secretly do wish for more. A prediction of just a few inches around here is enough to make folks go crazy in the grocery stores, whether or not a flake falls. Early morning news already showed milk shelves and bread racks that were nearly bare. I had planned to grocery shop today anyway, decided to go in another direction less traveled and pretty much breezed in and out of the stores.

Not to sound like a broken record, but those of you with a printer or access to one, it's easy to print your own USPS labels and get a free delivery confirmation number with each one.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

8" of snow last night/today. Snow day for the kids. Which meant snow day for me too. My road didnt get plowed until after 11am anyway. I wouldnt have gotten anywhere.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Don't ya just LOVE getting snowed in!!! I do.......More coming this way Fri., Sat., and Sunday. Yippeeeeeee!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Do I dare say I'm envious? You betcha and would love a snow day or three! Just locked up for the night and it's still just raining at a pretty hard clip.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Snows pretty the mood it leaves me with is not .... still snowing here ...

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Fruity, glad you received the seeds :)
Actually, the conf number is now included whether or not you print your own label... Another recent change.
To those who are getting snow: For those of you who enjoy the snow, have fun! :) For those who do not enjoy it, admire the beauty. And everyone, stay safe!
Michelle

Rockford, MI

I think I would enjoyy getting snowed in more, if I didn't work in a field that required me to be there no matter what. I am thankful not to be getting the storm orginally forcasted for us.I agree with you michell, that it is beautiful, but I dislike driving in it.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Robin conf Delivered
March 06, 2013, 5:13 pm
FORT WAYNE, IN 46815

So Jen You should proble have it by MONDAY :))))or Tuesday :) I Bet the girls will proble want to stay home from school to help you decide what to keep :))))
ya all have a great eve , I'm going to go to BINGO :) back in the morning .

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes the Robin landed yesterday. I got my hands on this fat box this morning. I am going to go through everything tonight. I may be able o get it back in the mail tomorrow or Saturday.

Rockford, MI

Yeah! I work 12 on tues , weds, so I am hoping for weds:) it is always great to come home after work to find packages:) I am sure they will want to help, Susie. Today I taught ashlee how to make sashay scarves on her loom. It amazes me how much like me she is. She loves all things artsy Fartsy, just like her mom;)

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Anita, hope you are having fun going through all those seeds! :)
Michelle

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh so many goodies in that box....am looking forward to seeing all the different Hibiscus that are now popping up. Won't relist here, but come on over to pfg's germination thread.... Great dicussions on various methods, equipment being used, plant stands, lights, germination times and pots......

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

What is the thread called Kathy? and which forum?

GM & Here is the LINK SUE http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298942/
wishing you all a great weekend

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey Susie...heads up, your plan was sent yesterday...

Got me a REAL live Blizzard!!!! Yeah!!! And I'm keeping it here..... LOL. Am just loving it tho.

Pix...sorry I couldn't resist....spring is coming!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Not any to soon for me :) Love your Irises Pinks & Blues are my FAV :)) will be watching for the Plans Kathy ty.

Anita called me today to say ROBIN Is Headed to JLEE As of This morning so it should Land about Monday .

well off to watch a movie ya all have a great day

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

My tomatoes sprouted!! Peas and onions too :)

My son & I "saved" two labs tonight that were running. Saw them on our way home from dinner. After two hours and several phone calls, I was put in contact with the owner and I got both dogs back to her. She had just moved here 2 weeks ago from NC. So these dogs were running in unfamiliar territory. So glad there was a happy ending :)

Pic 5 is one of the dogs. "Dilbert"

Thumbnail by minnesippi Thumbnail by minnesippi Thumbnail by minnesippi Thumbnail by minnesippi Thumbnail by minnesippi
sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Doesnt doing something like that just make you feel so good!

Saginaw, MI

Kathy-love the iris pics--so pretty !!

Yeah, the robin is getting sooo close !!! I have my seeds for the 2nd robin ready to go and will put them in the box when I send it home to Susie so they will be in there for everyone at the beginning like I did with this one !! Can't wait !!!

Nice Steph I Have not started any Veggies yet but will about end of March. well off to my weekly Blood draw its a rainy day Here so MUDDY Drive this is the part of Spring I Hate the MUDDY THAW :(
ya all have a great day .

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I can almost smell them now!! LOL.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

The robin is almost home... At least a couple of people must be getting excited about winning the prize. I got it last year, which was very cool for my first robin ever, but not this year.

I'm excited about the 2nd time around for a last chance at some things I may not yet realize I need. There's always something intriguing, even if I thought I had everything I wanted.

And today is beautiful... Spring is on its way!

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Today is beautiful, and spring definately is here, every creature here, from hawks to goldfish, were doing what they do in spring!

SPRING Is CLOSE HERE I Hope Here is what I Found today Mar 11 th . IN Bloom
Daffodils are popping up ROBINS In The yard Snowdrops are in Blooming more daffs Poppin :)
its a wet cloudy day but there are signs of spring in the air :)
so happy :) had to share with you .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Rockford, MI

Love the snow drops Susie:) I also have a few daffs popping up. No robin today.

Rockford, MI

it has landed:)

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

So happy the Robin landed safely

Jen Just dmail the conf # to me when you send it on to Sbish5 / Shirley .

Looks as if it is going to be a close as for a Winner maybe

. MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN--------MAR 21ST
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH-----------MAR 22ND
ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH-----------------------MAR 23RD
LANAKILA---NC------MAR 25 TH

well gotta go get a refill on my coffee & check out the rest of my forums this morning you all have a great day
Shirley are you watching ????

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

fingers crossed! That's my sons birthday :) He will be 9 this year.

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Shirley, feel free to take your time...a good long time. :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ya!!!! Like til April.... But then I'd get my own present back, hmmm. LOL. Good luck gals...who ever gets it.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

New Blooms Today Yellow crocus :) Spring is Close Kathy send me some of the 70* :)
off to play cards & Pizza Night back tomorrow for coffee .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Concord, NH

think spring!!

Saginaw, MI

Is it really finally that close to me ?????? Cant wait ????? Boy so many of you are so close to the right "back to the nest" date -- it will come down to the accuracy of our wonderful postal system as to how long they keep it out there on it's final destination !! Shall be interesting !!!! Have a great day everyone !!

Gm Well if the robin gets back into flight today or tomorrow Shirley should have it by Monday . but as you all know postal has been SCREWED UP . So Robin might not get off till Monday We will have to wait see.

Our Snow is about gone I Gave crocus Now in Bloom & News says Possible 3" of Snow this weekend :(

I'm Going to be working on a NEW FORUM For My Yearly PLANT SWAP That Will be starting In April
will Post a Link Here When it is ready .

went out to wal-mart yesterday with my SIL & They have Lots of Bulbs out but watch out for they have a small bag of 8-12 Glads for Like $5.38 but if you go around the side there is a HUGE Bag of 50 for Less then $6.98
Guess what I Bought:)))

well off to read the other forums then to post the NEW APRIL swap .
back later

Rockford, MI

Tried to get the robin off yesterday, but ha d no idea the postoffice was closed for an hour at lunch... Will go out monday

Good to hear Jen ty for posting Just send me the conf on Monday if you get time :)

Just wishing ya all a

Thumbnail by deejay9

jUST STOPPED IN TO WISH DOMEHOMEDEE A VERY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY WISH :)

Rockford, MI

Shirley- I hope you are ready as it is on it's way!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.