26. WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO--LANDED FEB 8---TOOK OFF FEB 12TH
27. MINNESIPPI----MINN--LANDED FEB 16TH--- TOOK OFF FEB 18TH
28. MELLEN1954---IOWA--LANDED FEB 21 ST --TOOK OFF FEB 25TH
29. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL---LANDED FEB 27TH--- TOOK OFF MAR 4TH
30. DIAMOND9192002 / -IND---LANDED MAR 6TH ---TOOK OFF MAR 11TH
31. JLEE160---MI----LANDED MAR 13 TH ----TOOK OFF MAR 18 TH
32. SBISH5-----MI--LANDED MAR 20 TH----TOOK OFF MAR 21ST
HOME . DEEJAY9---
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GREAT PRIZE TO BE announced LATER :)

RISINGCREEK---KC--CA---------------JAN 21ST-----SORRY
MELLEN1954---IOWA----FEB 1ST--------------------SORRY
PAULA_P------TX-------------FEB 11th? ---------------SORY
CHEERMOM----SUEG--AZ-------FEB 13 TH-----------SORRY
MARTI001 -----KY------------FEB 14TH--------------------SORRY
POISONDARTFROG --ALANA--KY-----FEB 20TH------SORRY
GARDENQUAIL---MICHELLE ---CA----------FEB 22TH---SORRY
CRIS316---NJ-----FEB 25 TH------SORRY
CZIMMERMAN00----CHRISTINE---KY---------FEB 28TH----SORRY
FOTV/SUSAN---VA--------MAR 1ST---SORRY
JLEE160--JEN--MI--------------MAR 2ND---SORRY
FRAUSNOW-----MAR 4TH----SORRY
PATTI1959-- OR------------MAR 8TH --SORRY
PFG---PAM---NH---------MAR 11TH---SORRY
MIDWESTFARMWIFE----MARY---OH ----MAR 12 TH--SORRY
CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC ------MAR 13---SORRY
BIGTROT--- DONNA ---MD------MAR 14TH---SORRY
DOMEHOMEDEE------MAR 18TH ---SORRY
. MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN--------MAR 21ST---SORRY
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH-----------MAR 22ND----SORRY
ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH-----------------------MAR 23RD
LANAKILA---NC------MAR 25 TH
BLUESPIRAL-----MD-------APR 1ST
WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO-------APR 8TH

This message was edited Feb 25, 2013 6:16 PM

This message was edited Feb 28, 2013 9:22 AM

This message was edited Mar 8, 2013 9:09 AM

This message was edited Mar 25, 2013 3:39 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Saginaw, MI

It's getting closer!!!

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Yah!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Just watching..^_^

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Headed your way, Deb
ME

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Oh boy, round 2 is getting closer!

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Yay!!! I'll be watching for it!!

Rockford, MI

ALMOST THERE:)

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Ah, the suspense builds :)
Susie, thanks for the new thread!
Michelle

Saginaw, MI

Round 2 you say????? Some of us are still anxiously waiting for round 1 to reach us ! LOL But from what everyone is saying it is definitely going to be worth the wait!! And then the anxiousness will start all over again while waiting for round 2 !!!

Saginaw, MI

Help from anyone who is still to receive the robin ahead of me --- looking for green bean seeds---pole variety and also bush variety --- my son has requested these as one of the things for in our garden this year --- so , if anybody has any available please let me know--would greatly appreciate it !! Thank you so much. Shirley

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

be happy to send you some have both pole and bush let me know

Saginaw, MI

risingcreek--sent you a d-mail ! THANKS

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

evening ev1 We Are haven a BLIZZARD Here can hardly see the road we have about 2" so far Sure glad I don't have to go out into it . Just lazing around tonight kids wanted to play cards but not feeling up to it .

ya all have a great evening back tomorrow . GN

Hi, all.
Shirley, I seem to recall seeing packets of green bean seeds in the robin, both pole and bush, I think. Perhaps whoever has the robin now (or whoever is getting it next if it is in flight) can check for you and set some aside for you?
Michelle

Saginaw, MI

Thanks for letting me know Michelle. Will definitely check it out when it reaches me!!

Also looking for swiss chard, beets, radishes, carrots . Hubby & kids are making veggie garden plans!!! THANKS

I just had the robin, and there are still many pkgs. of pole and bush beans, peas, some radishes.

ME

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

I've been watching the read and sad to say my guess was off :(
Judging by how its been flying around so quickly it should be home to
Deejay before long.

Happy planting all :)

Saginaw, MI

Thanks mellen !! Can't wait to get it !! For those of us at the end, It has seemed like forever since we got this robin flying ! I didn't even make a guess as to when it would get back to Susie !! Being the first time participating in anything like this , I didn't have any idea what to guess !!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Lol...am thinking my guess could be good for the end of the second trip.....

I'm thinking the drought here is done...lol. Snowed in for a few days... Guess I'll work on potting babies til I can get out of my driveway....'Spose to be 50's by Fri. and Sat.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

It arrived yesterday. Between work and a dentist appointment, I didn't get home until really late, and it had been drizzling/sleeting all afternoon, so the box was a bit damp. I didn't get a chance to even open it yet, I'm looking forward to that this evening. Is that a flat rate box, I didn't notice. I may try to run to the post office at lunch time and see if I can get a replacement.

Deb

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

I was far too pessimistic when trying to predict when the birdie would get back to it's mama! Happy to see that the little fattie has been moving right along. :)

Hi, all.
Unless the box changed since I mailed it, it was a reused box that we were mailing by weight. But you might check the box again.
Well, turns out my guess for when the robin would return home was a bit early :) But for a while, it looked like it might actually be pretty close to arrival time :) Wonder who will be the lucky winner?... This robin does like to fly!
Michelle

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

when I shipped it, I reused the box - a large flat rate. However, Im not sure it is being used as a flat rate box. I used it as one because it was cheaper than by weight...

It is a flat rate box.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

OK, thanks. If I can pick up another at lunch today, I will, otherwise, it seems like it is holding up OK. I guess it didn't get soaked through from the drizzle, and once it dried, it looks fine, and feels strong.

I probably won't be able to get to the post office until tomorrow, to send it on it's way. I'm supposed to work overtime tonight, and that usually means I get out too late to get there in time.

The assortment is great!! I don't think I've ever seen such a huge robin. This is by far the best robin I've ever participated in!! I found alot that I am looking forward to trying out. Just incredible.

I'll post when it's on it's way.

Deb

GM & TGIF Happy MARCH its my friends B-day today & She is in TX So another friend is comming over this afternoon & she & I are going to Celebrate Judys Birthday here at My Place with Cake & Coffee :)
While Going through My seed stash & getting her started in gardening :) so far I have no Pain this morning
sure hope it will stay that way .

you all have a great day .
susie

Hi, all.
I mailed envelopes to Marti, Fruity, and Lanakila today. These contain the seeds you requested from me. Finally got them to the post office! :)
Michelle

Looks Like a bright Sunny day So guess I will Play in the seeds again & sort a few for the robin when it gets home so i can add to it & Get it back in the air for second time around .
ya all have a fun Safe weekend .

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

So is anyone starting seeds they got from the robin? Haven't heard much about that yet...figured we'ld be seeing pix of babies.. Or is it just the lagers that got the box late that are still here? LOL. I'm starting a whole tray of goodies today..mostly Hibiscus and tomatoes for the moment.. Will be heading to the back bedroom in a few to begin somemore... I got soo many wonderful things and I just can hardly wait to grow and watch them come into bloom.

Here's some pix to get you all excited about the possibilities....lol. Most were started about 2 months ago from the Rare Seed Trade, and now will be working on those things I got from the box here a few weeks ago.

I am still in awe everytime I think how small those seeds are and what joy and beauty they can bring. No gift is as beautiful as a flower, thankyou all for sharing your beauty with me! Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Kathy, for your envy that arrived this week, and Michelle for yours that's on the way. Don't fret just now being able to mail, Michelle. I still have a handful of seeds promised that need to be on their way, too.

Despite those careful calendar calculations months ago, I missed the guess when the Robin would be home by at least a week or two. It sure didn't land there yesterday.

Greatest Robin yet is right, Deb. Glad you found things you'd like to try.

Diamond Girl, you're next! You were my #1 seed enabler a few years ago.

Hi, all.
Haven't started seeds yet. Need to go through them and make some notes about the new ones so I can decide where to plant them :) Thought I'd have gotten through them in February, but that just wasn't to be... Perhaps this weekend?
Michelle

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I am so sorry for the delay. I had to work on Saturday, and by the time I got out our post office was closed. I have the box with me at work today, and will run to the post office at lunch time. Again, I am so sorry, I planned to get to the post office Saturday morning, but really couldn't pass up the opportunity for paid overtime, it's not offered very often.

Deb

Anita I Will send the conf when i get it hope your ready for it :)))

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I started seed yesterday :) no pics, but have 2 trays of veggie seeds and two trays of flowers. Got a mini greenhouse thing at the hardware store and some lights...fingers crossed! Will be doing more as soon as I can get into my shed out back. The door is frozen shut :( I have more trays I need to get at!
In the path of a huge storm...funny thing is forecast is for 0" to 12" because they dont really know where it will hit...I suspect we will get about 8" over night. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

It's on it's way. I left the receipt in the car, which has the tracking number on it. I'll run outside later and grab it so I can post the tracking number. I had put on one of the delivery confirmation stickers that was in the box, but the fellow at the counter pulled it off and said that a number is automatically generated, and that the box can be tracked using that. Has this been going on for a while? I don't think I've mailed a box since last year's robin.

Deb

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Deb, that is what they told me at my post office when I mailed the box, they said that they had just started doing it and I think that was at the end of Jan.

YES THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE NOW So as for the Conf #'s in the Robin they are OBSOLETE & can be thrown out if anyone wants to . was just checking in , Lunch break been painting so going back to it back this eve .

Hi, all.
Yeah, the conf number used to be given to us on a separate piece of paper from the receipt you receive when you pay. But now, the conf number is printed right on the receipt. One fewer pieces of paper to keep track of :)
Michelle

YES I MAILED A BOX YESTERDAY & NOW THAT IS MUCH BETTER oops sorry for caps

Looks as if the storm your getting Minn is going right south of us & more towards FT Wayne where the robin is to land . its sunny here today so i have got to get busy . chat more later

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.