Morning Glories Winter 2012-2013 #4

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad to see you posting Debra, love those blooms but you can keep the snow!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Glad your posting Debra, this weather has been crazy for everyone!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love all your blooms Debra. Partial to the first pink though.
Glad you have returned, was getting a little worried.
We have more cold coming too. Just sick of it.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

only a few more days until spring Jackie . then we will all be happy .

Debra, how are the treatments going for your Sister?

hi LK, we won't know how the radiation helped with killing the bone tumors on her hip/pelvic area for a couple weeks, she told me it hurts to lay or sit really bad, but now she can at least stand on her own. She has been on break from chemo and started that back up today, and she is glad to be doing that since we were told there was "improvement" last chemo period test results. No change or new tumors on the liver, but she did not know there were two spots on her lung, and there was a slight decrease in size of the lymph nodes with cancer, and the fluid was minimum on her lungs and none around her heart. We took that as a victory and went to Branson to celebrate that two weeks ago. Now that she has been off the chemo she started feeling sick and was afraid the cancer has spread, so that is why she is always glad to be on the chemo. I told her to think positive and quit letting her paranoia and fears take over her attitude as we know that worry and negativity can manifest cancer growth.
I had a few more glorys greet me the other morning while it was snowing heavily outside..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra. .
I wonder if there is some really soft padding your sis can get to relieve some of the pain while she's setting or laying down.
ow about some of the soft downy filling for stuffing pillows or cushions? Might make sitting and laying down less painful.
That comes in the solid pieces too not just the loose stuffing. She could lay it in the center of her bed for some relief from the pressure points???
Im encouraged by her small victories. Have to win the small battles one by one and hopefully will find that she's won the war.
I'm still praying for a return to good health for your sis.
I'm on my new computer and having a hard time with windows 8. I don't care for it very much.

thanks Jackie, she looks good they took a pic of her at the chemo place and posted it to facebook.
I will suggest that idea to her, i like it.

my IT guy at work told me not to run windows 8 and he unistalled it and put it back to 7. I never use anything he doesn't like. :)

brrr
off to bed. looking forward to more blooms from ya all.

Debra, Post that pic here if you can. I would love to see it.
If I keep having trouble adjusting to 8, I might download windows 7 and uninstall 8.
Oh my gosh, just realized what I said. That won't work.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Saginaw, MI

Jackie, Helena, Debra---need some beautiful bloom pics to brighten this dreary day !! LOL
Got about 3 inches(way less then they predicted - YEA!) of wet, heavy , slushy snow / rain mix. Schools closed/slippery roads !!

Gautier, MS

Loved your pretty mg pictures Debra. Hope your sis feels better.

Three nice blooms this morning but the color is off with this camera. I took pictures with my cell phone and colors were right on but haven't figured out how to send it, will have to wait till daughter comes home.

The pic on the left is Cleoprata from Black King and on the right is a dark blue with a touch of purple purple. Will have to retake the other picture cause it came out blurry.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Same last 2 blooms in above picture but color still not as bright or showy as I see it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Just trying for a truer color, copied from my FB pics.

Love those colors, no matter what hue they are!

Saginaw, MI

Very pretty!! Thanks brightening up the dreary snow day !!!

Very pretty blooms Helena. Made my day too.
No snow here but dreary and cold. Below normal since Dec here and still looking cold for a few more days.
I can't load out my camera to send pics or get my flash drive to work. A problem with windows 8. :-(

Quote from sbish5 :
Very pretty!! Thanks brightening up the dreary snow day !!!

Same here, Helena. I love all of the different color views. You really grow some beauties.

Maybe just operator trouble Comp did'nt want me to load out a cd for pics, just needed me to plug in my camera

Streptocarpella and Pregnant Onion

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

that Streptocarpella is very cool... i need to look it up..

Love both of those plants, what were you ladies doing up so late? Hope you got some sleep.

Saginaw, MI

Looked up streptocarpella--evidently not the plant for me to try--info likens it to the african violet which I have absolutely NO luck with--not the right light and cat issues!!!!LOL

Pregnant onion is kind of cool too--but again , I don't seem to have much luck with indoor plants--windows that can put plants by are on wrong side of house!!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Love your pretty bloom Jackie. So now I know what a pregnant onion looks like, neat.

Just 2 more blooms from these 2 vines. Had to learn to take pictures with my cellphone, send it to FB, then copy it to my picture album to post it here if I want to show what the colors are closer to what I see.

Beautiful colors Helen. Wish I could tell you how to get the pictures from your cell phone.

i don't have a good enough phone mine is 15 yrs old LOL

I think I have those same morning glorys, Helena, and I Love them. I missed my large blues and dark crimosn fuchia SOH and the mauve splash and the light blue purp and the pink purp and the white and pink purp and the peachy pink and the neon pink bloms this am, I saw they were all turning colors tonight when I finally got down there.

Helena, I am planting some of your seeds tonight. ;) Can't wait!

Thanks ladies.
Helena, those are so pretty. Love the colors.
The pregnant onions are a lot of fun for young and old alike. I was
afraid I would kill the pretty little Strepto. I have some yellowing lvs so not doing something right.
I need to let it dry out a little more between waterings.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Debra and Jackie. I need to get started on new seeds too, this is the latest I ever waited to get started but it's because I have all this seedlings still going that are still to bloom soon.

This is what bloomed this morning. Black King, blue with pink and a pink.

love the middle one, Helena...
Like you Jackie, I tend to over water.... I have a lot of NO WATER tags up downstairs.
I am getting peppers again... yippee! now if the tomatoes would start blooming again.. *sigh*

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

What kind of peppers are they Debra? Are they edible?

I like that middle one too Helena but Black King is a beaut and I always love pink.. Very nice blooms you're getting
from this last batch
Deb, Pretty blooms on your butterfly plant. I'm sure one or more of your peppers is probably hot.
Do you make salsa with any of them?

A neighbor brought me over a bread starter yesterday. So nice of her but don't know how I will find time to make bread.
This is the 10 day one, omg
Have to work on why my flash drive wont talk to me on windows 8. All my pics on old computer and the flash drives except
a few of the mother in law tongues, pregnant onions and this elephant foot that needs repotting in the worst way.

My gray looking m-I-l tongue, Moonshine or Moonbean or something, my favorite m-I-l tongue

Love the MIL's too,Jackie, and I have the favorite of yours plus a wide yellow margine and a spotty looking one. and of course the stripey one, well they are all cool I think. Will have to send you a pup from the wide sword yellow green one.
I have lots of peppers,LK, and yes they are all edible and I will be having some on ebay soon for sister money, who isn't doing so hot right now. I love the BK too, Helena, I am anxious to try one from your seed. I am going to count my tomatoes tonight, they are all about 5 inches tall now.

I have several too Deb, thenewest one may be that new hybrid Bantels Sensation but maybe not., Pic #2
A couple of short varieties in the 1st pic.
Deb, Im sorry to hear your sis is not doing that well right now. Hopefully that's just temporary.

I;m working on rooting your red leaved Begonia

Gautier, MS

Pretty plants Debra and peppers. I still have 3 pepper plantsfrom last year too. Hope your sis feel better.

Nice plants Jackie, you have a large variety of them.

Well yesterday I nicked and soaked 72 mg seeds. Today I wrapped them individually in damp paper towels with their labels and placed in plastic bag on top of fluorescent light in laundry room. Hopefully when I check them tomorrow some will be ready for their little cup pots. I'll be preparing the little cup pots in the meantime, guess I'll have my work cut out for me. Have a bloom in gh but since it got real cold last night don't know if it'll open today or tomorrow.

Helena, wish I had the energy to start that many. I do have 10 to 15 up of Dany's mostly. They're needing to go
into bigger pots and needing sun too. I don't have time to mess with them, trying to do 2 sets of taxes. Maybe in
a couple of days.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Helena did you do 75 different kind?

Gautier, MS

Ronnie, not quite. Mostly Danys (about 40 seeds) are mixes so I expect them to be different. Then I have many that have 2 or 3 seeds of each. But I'm not done, I just stopped then cause I got enterrupted and decide it was enough for a couple of days. I intend on nicking and soacking a lot more seeds. Still have a lot of favorites that I want to grow.

It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day even if it was very chilly till noon.

beautiful day here too, been transplanting small morning glory plants thati started in plugs into bigger pots, then we went to get some bags of potting mix on sale, and i transferred a lot of melting snow to the tubs for water to jug up. did have some blooms, not many pictures this time, sorry , most of them I have already shown.

well, here are some pics from feb 28th 2013

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

hit send too fast, sorry
loaded up this pot of lim coleus with a few of these seeds
using the heat lamp from the old turtles home for the seed trays here
this is the first area when you go down the stairs that you see.. to the left anyway

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

i wanted you all to see the tall cerus and ric rac cactus plant that is going crazy
the tillansdis is on kaitlyn with charlie the mule looking over them
Oh I adore this area so muchno morning glorys in this area, tho

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Helena that is a lot of seeds!! I hope to do that in a few months...cmon warm weather!
Debra everything looks great!! So inviting. What watt bulbs are you using?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.