Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Time for a new thread
We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1296170

Lav Sazanami 2011

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

sanzami is spectacular, Jackie.
last July, out side the patio

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Deb, very pretty blooms. The light pink sure looks like Pink Silk a lot,
Love the Crimson Rambler and the last mg bloom too. Nice Cleome

Pink Silk came from you, Jackie I am sure. I found the packet from last year.It says "on outside patio"
I usually mark on the seed packets or in my journal when I plant seeds.
This one was from Emma.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Deb, I'm sure the Pink silk sds were not from me.. I only had 4 or 5 from Becky to start
with. My vine in 2011 made 1 sd and 2012 vine made a total of 4 sds. Becky might have shared with you.
Dany says his Purple silks are sterile in one of his recent
posts on his thread. So I imagine the Pink Silks are too.
Gorgeous bloom above

Gautier, MS

Jackie and Debra love all your pretty blooms. Neat bug, bet it has weird name.

My camera is doing it again, changing the deep purple color to blue. This is the first bloom but I'm pretty sure when it warms up the blooms will be large and nice. Just wish I could get the color right.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely bloom Helena. My camera does the same thing with purple blooms.
If the purple isn't too deep, it comes out right

Tempest and Purple Blizzard without the blizzard

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I had my 10 year old grandson take a picture with his ipod a little while ago to see how the pic would come out. This is when the bloom is fading and changing color.

Pretty blooms Jackie, I can see a slight blizzard on both blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. If the purple had been any darker on my 2 blooms, the blooms would have captured as blue
just like your bloom did. Your g sons pic does look more purple. Maybe he's a budding photographer :-)

A lovely Count Drac I found in my pics from 2011.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2013 10:32 PM

Thumbnail by patootie

lovely blooms I love the purples and count drac. I havn't figured out my camera either all the way and it is almost 8 years old.
I guess That bloom came from someone else here, so if it is familiar, please let me know.
mauve splash 2010
RIP I Plantesis gee I miss this one in a bad way
september 2011 3 & 4 same flower different flash options
also from september 2011

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

We miss your I platensis blooms too Debra, such a pretty pink. Gorgeous color
on the Mauve Splash. Like the other blooms too.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, love your count dracula. That's such a pretty blue color.

I second Jackie on Debra's blooms. All gorgeous colors on those blooms.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone! Love all the blooms being posted, with or with out flash, they are beautiful!

thanks friends, hay we are supposed to get our first winter storm tommorrow.. yay!

This message was edited Feb 19, 2013 7:51 AM

Thanks everyone.
Deb, we have some wintry mix coming our way too. :-(

Kind of hunkered down here against the ice that came our way.
We're not thru it yet with winter storm warnings expiring about 4 pm. We still have power thank goodness
and we didn;t get hit as hard as they 1st said we would, thankful for that

Split Second hige from July 2011, 1st two pics.

Prettiest Saz also July 2011

I would love to know what my small purple unknown is that 1st came up in the small tub out back in 2011.
i think its most likely a cross

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

All very pretty blooms Jackie, Jackie do a search for Purple Dragon on your last bloom. The color seems to fit, just don't know about the leaves.

Gautier, MS

Have 2 blooms this morning from my old seeds that I started at least 2 months ago. One is nice and the 2nd just doesn't want to fully open yet.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helen!

I love both of those Helena, so pretty.
Thanks for the tip on the Purple Dragon, I'll google it or look here at Daves. It is
a small bloom maybe 2 and 1/2 inches across.

I wonder if Debra has lost power from the winter storm. Strange she hasn't posted for a couple of days
Anyone heard from her?

Not in a few days, sure hope she is OK!

Linda, hopefully we'll hear from her soon. :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Great blooms guys! I keep thinking spring it's coming soon...

Haven't seen Debra on facebook either...

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Took a few more pictures,that bloom finally opened and had another bloom open later in the day. Second picture shows the new bloom and the earlier bloom from this moring.

Hope Debra is ok too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love those colors!

Your blooms are very pretty Helena. Love the changing colors and the wide white throat area

Saginaw, MI

All so pretty!! What a display it would be with all these mixed and planted together!! Would be gorgeous!! Do any of you ever just take some of each you have and just throw them together and see what happens???? Guess if you want to keep them identified that would not work , but would be so pretty!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I grew a bunch of different ones together when I first started and it's impossible to keep the seeds separate. I'm probably doing it this year b/c I have so many and am going to have to get them in the ground.

Here what bloomed this morning, nice and big blooms except for Scarlet O'Hara.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love that first one with white edges! They are all beautiful!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh yeah I like that first one too!!

Helena, that 1st one is just drop dead gorgeous. I like the 2nd one too and the almost
red color of SOH.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. These are blooms from the blue I missed taking pictures early in the day yesterday. And the blooms from 2 days old that were still open today with the colors fading.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful! Unusual for them to be open for so long.

So pretty Helena, love all the blooms you're getting.

Linda, blooms stay open longer when the temps are Spring like or Fall like. They don;t wilt
like they do in excessive summer temps. :-) Also lots of times, my 1st bloom on a new vine will stay open
thru the 2nd day like it has too much energy stored up to close up at the end of the day, kinda like a MG on
steroids, lol

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Still haven't seen Debra, sent her a message...

Thanks Ronnie. I didn't because I think her power might be out. I thought she might be able to use
the computer at work if that power isn't out too. She doesn't ever go this long w/out posting.

Hope her sis isn't feeling bad again.

hey ya all, sorry the b,lizzards just threw me into hibernation and then this weekend was settring up the turtle area. Lovely blooms on your vines Helena.
Hope you are all well, we have another round of blizzard coming yippee!
inside and outside pics
Joe shoveled this drive the day before this new snow and now we have more on the way.

Saginaw, MI

Very pretty Debra! Like the salmon colored one at the end!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra, glad you're back. I like your pretty blooms. That snow looks nice too, looks kind of a ways from the street. It's been rainning here since yesterday feeling up most of the ditches, some are overflowing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.