Entertainment #13

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

That is one of the best "stretches for a laugh" I have ever seen.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I know, I have stretch marks to prove it.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

You are just what we need this morning Victor.
Its another day of snow here,overcast light snow with accumulation of a trace to 1 inch.

I checked my notes for2012.I cant believe I was transplanting perennials last Feb.

Bonnie Franklin, the mom from One Day at a Time, died.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

pancreatic cancer
also Walter Williams of the O' Jays died today

Watched two 70's classics over the weekend. Jaws and Dog Day Afternoon. Al Pacino at his best. He had an incredible run in the 70's with both GFs, Serpico, Dog Day and And Justice for All. Another very good, but not well known one - Scarecrow, with Gene Hackman.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Valerie Harper from the Mary Tyler Moore show has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. :(

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Loved dog day afternoon, and Al Pacino. And Devils Advocate. Scarface.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Al Pacino is a favorite...all good movies...Scarface was brutal.

Sad about Valerie Harper, I liked her character.

Anyone watching American Idol?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

wife watches AI which means I do - women are better as a group, hope angie who is local here wins - as for the men i can't wait for finch jr. to go, not as good a ledette last year and a phoney. should be interesting to see who goes tonight.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

No nearly as good as in the past few years...no million dollar singers...I agree hoping Finch goes...the girls are much better this year than in the past. I felt bad for Charlie seems to have some problems.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

not sure about no million dollar singers yet, angie is pretty good and wrote a great original song - as for little charlie he should have never made past the auditions

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

for rock music lovers out there who get palladia - tonight daryl's house (daryl hall) will have todd rundgren on from 7 to 8 and joe walsh from 8 to 9. if you have not seen, live at daryl's house, it is a great program in a relaxed atmophere in his upstate NY farm. although they traveled to Hawaii for the rundgren show

wife loves rundgren - this is a replay of show from last saturday that we only saw a few minutes of - and she is out with friends tonight and will miss again - i will tell her all about it :) it will be on again i am sure.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Can't you record it?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Anyone watch Criminal Minds last night? Don't know if it was a repeat or not since I hadn't seen it before

But as a gardener, I definitely wouldn't go that far to have a great looking garden...YIKES!!!!

All husbands are already familiar with criminal minds...

Anyone watching the Bible series on History? I have not caught it yet. Getting great ratings.

I watched one, I liked it except for the violence.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I don't have cable and it's not available on line

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Skyfall. If you like 007 you will like it. lot of action and little actual blood and no se% or nudity, except bond gets in the shower with a chick , the rest is left to imagination . Javier Bardem is the bad guy, he's great.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

History Channel is showing the 5 part BIBLE today starting @ 4. I may have to tape this...I can not sit for 5 hours!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Saw "Life of Pi"...It was good, loved the effects. I'll admit wasn't as "profound" as I expected but entertaining and worth watching.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Watched 'The Rise of the Guardians' Sunday...loved it! The graphics are wonderful, story is good but I would not recommend it for little ones because of 'Pitch' (aka The Boogieman), keeper of nightmares. I had to watch it first because Ory, Bella & Charlie don't know what the "Boogieman" is, never heard of him and we would like to keep it that way. ^_^
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446192/

Loved the Easter Bunny !! :)

This message was edited Mar 19, 2013 9:21 AM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

saw it in the theater, loved it, was worried my daughter would be scared of Pitch but she wasn't
just delivered yesterday from Amazon had a special pack that came with 2 of the hopping eggs

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I wasnt going to watch the Jodi Arias trial on HLN My thinking was I was above anything so tawdry.I would cruise past the channel and linger for a couple of minutes.
Bored me but I was fascinated.
I found a condensed version at 5AM when I am awake.
Its the Dr.Drew show with an assortment of mental health and legal professionals discussing the events of the trial day before.
I'm hooked on that hour.
Jodi Arias sure is a classic sociopath with pathological lying tendencies. Media has the public convinced she cant win the "self defense" version.
She admits she killed her boyfriend,but was battered and did it to save herself.
I was around for the Casey Anthony trial when the world wanted her in jail if not the death penalty and she got off.
It makes me wonder how it will go for Jodi.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

watched the bible series sunday - not real impressed to be honest - just a bunch of short stories without real background

I know absolutely nothing about that case.

Still have not caught Bible.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm with Bill on the Bible.
Pretty much as expected as far as story line and waaayyyy too simple.
The History Channel does better with actual archeological documentaries about that area and time.

'Pretty much as expected as far as the story line...' Hee hee - expecting something else?!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Heard the stories for ages.
I only watched 10 minutes of the last episode.
The real god stuff was done by Charlton Heston,Victor Mature,Debra Kerr,Jeanne Simmons etc.

We started watching the Arias trial while on vacation in Tahoe. I wanted to slap her a few times.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

She admits she killed him.The state wants the death penalty,defense says self defence.There are more guesses about the outcome of this trial. I only watch Dr.Drew at early morning hours.Its a condensed version ,easier to follow.

I haven't watched it since, I didn't know some states allow the jury to question.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I think its unusual too.The jury is getting tired of the trial.They sit with heads in their hands,some are seen stretching and yawning.The defense repeats a lot of stuff.
The prosecutor sure tore up the defense expert witness yesterday.
An hour of Dr.Drew is all I need.The brutal forensics and explicit sex testimony just turned me off.

Funny, that would be the only reason I WOULD watch. ;)

Watched Peter Jackson's King Kong on the weekend. WAY too long. Can this guy make a movie under three hours?!! Could easily have been at least an hour shorter. Way too much time on the island with really silly attacks by every creature imaginable. Original better! Never saw the one from the 70's or early 80's with Jessica Lange. I did see them filming part of it in Astoria under the elevated subway.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

The one with Jessica Lange was pretty good.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I just watched The Sessions.Its probably not for everyone but it was sweet and endearing.
Its about a polio patient who wants to experience sex.
He hires a surrogate.The movie is more about being human.I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

it is also a true story joann - saw it over the weekend thought it was very good. not a comedy, still some funny lines in there.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I did see that at the end.Its a great story.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.