February weather - only six weeks of winter left!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It was windy all night and is still windy today. Also very dry, especially for a morning.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PST on February 24, 2013
51 °F
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 4 °F
Wind: 16 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 23 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 9.10 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Winter storm warnings go into effect tomorrow afternoon. Expecting whiteout conditions starting tomorrow night lasting all thru Tuesday. We will get anywhere from 10-20 inches possibly. This is on top of the 11-14 inches this area already has. They are saying this storm will be alot worse than the last one.

Today though was sunny, blindly so with all the snow, and temps reached low 40s. Didn't even touch the snow on the ground but roads and roofs are clear for this next round.

There was a little bit of frost this morning. No rain in the forecast. We've had 5 or 6 inches of rain since October. It looks like it is going to be another drought-ish year.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on February 25, 2013
43 °F
Clear
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 21 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.22 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.90 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli

Had rain and snow earlier then it cleared out. They are still forcasting 10-12 inches but now people are wondering if they have lost their marbles.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice day here. 25º now.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Winter weather advisory for tonight , rain mostly where I am ,,more snow a few miles north .
38 degrees
Wind chill 31 degrees
Humidity 65%
Pressure 29.99
wind ENE 11 mph
Dew point 27
visibility 9.0

It was a beautiful sunny day here with a temperature nearing 50 degrees ..

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We've been as high as 88 degrees, rained off and on yesterday, today tornado watch as the first cold front goes through, could be down to freezing again this weekend, we will be camping...ha ha.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sun is shining. 26º going for high 30's.

Mountain View, HI

We are just seeing the end of a week of gales, heavy rain and snow on Mauna kea. Sunday they were skiing and snowboarding at 11,000 ft level after 12 inches of snow. Down at see level we have had almost 10 inches of rain over three days and for a week we never saw the sun. Sunny today with the low pressure system moving off to the southeast and things should return to normal.

We recieved another 10-14 inches of snow on top of what we got last week. We will get another few inches overnight into tomorrow. Luckily our driveway has just been plowed by a friend of ours so we will be able to get out tomorrow.

Lots and Lots of birds today!! That's not even all of them.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Light rain
Temperature 39 degrees
Humidity 88%
pressure 29.42 in
Wind ENE 3 MPH
Dew Point 36 Degree
Visibility 10 mi Gray dreary day ,,

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Love all your winter pictures Pepper

Windy and dry today. High of 74. Kind of same-old same-old. Nothing too exciting.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on February 27, 2013
56 °F
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 9 °F
Wind: 15 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.21 in (Rising)
Pollen: 9.40 out of 12

This picture was popular with my peeps on other sites.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Another day of snow. Woke up to another few inches then mid morning it started snowing again and kept snowing til late afternoon so we got another inch or two on top of that.

Pic 1 is a shed in my yard. Looks like a black and white pic doesn't it? It's not. None of these are. lol

Pic 2 is a holler on my road. That is the only bridge on our road and farmers always bend the rails back so they can get thru with their equiment.

Pic 3 is another holler on a nearby road. About 2-3 miles from my house. This spot always melts last. On either side of the road thru there is a big hill that blocks alot of light.

Roads were so so today as you can see. Open areas drifted real bad and I had a few moments where I didn't think I would make it thru but I did.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh my Pepper! Y'all have really had alot of snow!

It was chilly this AM. It warmed up a little this afternoon. May actually reach 32 on Sunday.

Generally when they forecast a freeze it is for our more Northern counties. We generally stay 3 deg. warmer....but not always! I'll wait and watch the weather, Friday Night before I decide to go out and cover everything up. Oh, I guess that is tomorrow night!

Most of the plants look pretty good. A couple have died.....oh well. One airplane plant needed water. I should have left it in the garage and just watered it myself. Took it outside. It rained. It got water. It got cold. It died. You win some, you lose some. Oh well. It was one that was a starter from one my granddaughter had started in elementary school years ago.......Such is life. I'll go see if any of the others lived and put them in the garage!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

March thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1300634/

This thread is CLOSED!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.