February weather - only six weeks of winter left!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-10º this morning. Maybe this will be the coldest morning of February.
Good month to start some plants, get seeds ordered, make that garden plan.
Just think about the good eating this summer from a well thought out garden.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That is warm cheery thought , about the garden ,
Wind chill here is about that -10 5 TO 11 Degrees it is averaging , sunny , super cold , and some wind ,,
Back later things to do ... outside ,,, oh groan....

Mountain View, HI

Wonderful start to February. Blustery winds and rain showers for a few hours this morning but now the sun has come out. White fluffy clouds blowing on a moderate trade wind off the blue Pacific. Climbing to mid 70's this afternoon. Weekend should be perfect Hawaiian weather, balmy trade winds and lots of blue sky after nightime showers. Hope this picture warms you up a bit.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

No seeus pictoralis ???? 12 degrees,ice cold

IMAGINALATIONLESS

This message was edited Feb 1, 2013 10:30 PM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Around 0 this morning with wind chills even lower. Not sure what our highs were but we are at 25 now.

I need to take some more pics. lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I hate to even post this......it was only "chilly" herethis AM and Spring like this afternoon......gorgeous day!

I went out into the garden and sat on my swing! Jasmine are in bloom!

However we are supposed to get rain most of the week (which we need) and lower temps!

We started out in the mid 40s and are now down to the low 30s. Temps peaked at noon today and started dropping after that.

We have only had 4.3 inches or so of snow this season. This is gonna be one dry year!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

17º, Se wind.
Not much snow here either. I'll take rain, the heck with snow.

As dry as we are I have to agree.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Last four days were 40 in the morning, and a bit of frost on the roof tops, had to keep the tomatoes and peppers and orchids in my makeshift green house. But warmed back up this morning 54 and they say up to 78. A slight chance of rain, and we sure could use it, fire danger warnings for all of Central FL.

The live oaks are dropping their leaves, and new ones are coming in, this is much earlier than normal. Time to start the raking. Ugh!

Keep warm you all!

My azaleas are just wonderful this year. Some spring for you all...not too much longer...hang in there.

This message was edited Feb 6, 2013 9:39 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

57 currently and dark. Rain on way overnight.

I heard that the northeast is supposed to get hit with a big blizzard this weekend. I'll take some of it!! lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I heard that the northeast is supposed to get hit with a big blizzard this weekend. I'll take some of it!! lol[/quote]

30 here and I won't!!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High was 39º today, still 33º.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I think it was in the 70's. I did not go out today. It is still damp from all of the rain yesterday. Maybe tomorrow.

Supposed to be nice Sat, then rain, then cooler. Rain for the first half of the week. We sure can use it!

Had rain today. Probaby a half inch though some places just south of me got over an inch. Creeks running pretty full. Temps reached high 40s.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We get the rain later tonight tomorrow on so on , lot of rain in the forecast ..
54 and sunny today was , One nice Feb. day!!!!

(Zone 7a)

Snow storm coming this afternoon. Can't wait for it to clear out the nasty air.

Mostly cloudy and we just barely managed to reach 40 for our high.

(Zone 7a)

2"-3" of snow last night. It's melting quickly.

Sunny and windy today with temps in the 50s. Now 48 and still going strong on the wind.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Windy and 75 here today - rain predicted for the next 3 days - we sure need it!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50 all day here and it still is, rain ,drizzle, steady wind , nice for February...

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Warm, Rain, now cooler, cold in a couple of days........Repeat.

Cloudy this afternoon with rain south of us. Temps reached low 50s.

70's and rainy/steamy here.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

36º today. Getting rid of some of the icy junk from the weekend.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Bright, cheerful and sunny!!! 44 degrees ,rain later?
I am still thinking about spring ,60 degrees

Mid 50s today and sunny. Would have been perfect day for spring cleaning of garden but no time.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

40º today. Lots of melting going on. Rain this evening. Colder tomorrow. High of 28º. Friday high, 16º.

Much welcomed rain here all day long, been awhile since we've had a day like this. However it is a cold front and we'll drop to the upper 30's for a couple nights once again this weekend. Had to bring in all my seedlings.

Happy Valentines Day!

Mid 50s again with clouds off and on.

It's been 50 and windy here all day - really cold for us. I have covered all my tropicals, in anticipation of the predicted 30 degrees Sat. night/Sun. morning.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Kay Since we did not get to send you the snow , we sent our temperatures instead ,, 50 's day 30's tomorrow see all the same ,, Only we all think that it is really nice here!!! enjoy!! lol
Aren't that mean ,mean ,mean,!!!!lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

FL should lots of rain now. Spring training has started!

13º tonight, where is spring ?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Low 40's AM, 68 and beautiful this afternoon! Supposed to get 39 or lower Sunday AM....then hopefully will warm back up again......Afterall it's almost March! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasmine are in bloom! I think I saw a Robin and her babies a couple of weeks ago! Sooooo adorable!

Thanks, James - just what we need - freezing temps. when all our plants are in bloom! It's 35 and raining here right now. Sat. night/Sunday morning is predicted to be 31 here near the ocean - we will all be praying it passes us by!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Starting second half of February, it's got to get better soon.
9º this morning, 20 for a high today.
No flowers blooming here, they are still far underground, won't peek out for another month.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

-20C (-4F) and tons of snow here (we have 3x the normal amount)! We've got the snow pack to give the United States tons of cold but the moisture off the Pacific keeps heading up here (this week though it is forecasted to head below the border). :D

It also looks like we will be sending our cold South today and again in a couple of days.

The States below us desperately need some form of moisture............either an absurd amount of snow or a tropical rainstorm! The United States drought monitoring map is terrifying to look at.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2013 10:30 AM

Well even the local news station that always predicts warmer than it turns out to be is saying mid to upper thirties Sat. and Sun. and it already feels cold out there, and the winds haven't even started in Central FL. UGH! And I just packed away my flannel PJ's.

PS- You don't need to send the cold weather down here anymore...K. ☺

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

34 AND RAINY ,cloudy , snowed this morning melted right away ,
Earlier where is spring ? it moved to June.....lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.