Morning Glories Winter 2012-2013 #3

Saginaw, MI

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO EVERYONE!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

love your blue and lav, Jackie. Helena, isn't it weird how the colors change with and without flash?

I managed to get some shots this am of some blooms

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Debra. Your blooms are very pretty. Do you have a name on
that first bloom?

Nope, all it said was patio mix 2012... sorry.. I will try to do better this year.. gotta find better paint pens.
I am getting lots of pods from all these winter glories, they are going into the basement mix LOL .
*sigh* They all came from you guys I am sure.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra they are all so pretty!

Saginaw, MI

Very pretty blooms Debra! Cannot wait to see what I get from the mix of seeds you sent me!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Yeah it's kind of neat to see how the pictures differ with and without light and flash. I'll be better when they are outside with just natural light.

Getting ready to set up my new little computer Debra. I think I might have a name on that 1st one, will look
after all the dust settles. :-)
What a horrible day, returning my new computer.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2013 7:22 PM

Thanks.. gee is freezing again today, I am so tired of being COLD!

YAY! on the new putor, how fun is that?

ok so someone please post pics of last summer to warm us up?
found this pic from may of 2011

Thumbnail by joeswife

That is so pretty Debra. Love the pink

A pretty Hibiscus 2011, still in a pot.
A kind person here has sent me more pretty Hibiscus sds

Mutant aka DFNM =Diluted Fuji no Murasaki

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

DFNM is gorgeous!!!!

Saginaw, MI

I agree Ronnie--that one is stunning!! Love it !!!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra and Jackie. DFNM is one of my favorites too. It's windy here and too but there is still this white wild rose that started to bloom, supposed to bloom in May. Cape honeysuckle still blooming too. Not so clear pic of Scarlet O'Hara.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Ronnie, Shirley and Helena.
DFNM is a lot of fun cause you don't know what bloom it will throw next.
Stubborn about making sds.

Helena, I love your blooms. I bet the hummers love the Cape Honeysuckle in the summer.
Pretty wild Rose and SOH too.
I want to try some Eccromocarpus sds soon, tiny blooms but lots of them and I think the hummers would
like em.
Hige last summer, PPV and Purple George Strait, barely any picotee on this bloom but look at the other 2 both with picotee borders. All from last summer.

This message was edited Feb 16, 2013 1:37 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

oh my goodness. Love love love all the prettties but the DFNM is a kncokout. My cape honeycykle is gong crazy in the basement as well. I am really happy with all the pretties from everyone here and look forward to seeing more blooms of EVERYTHING.
PS: GS is so handsome aint he?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Playing around in photoshop...

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

man, u did good Ronnie. I love the third picture, what is it? Your i purps are always to die for. Sorry about my spelling earlier, I get so kacited I tywpe faster than I think.,...

I like your 3rd pic too Ronnie and the Beautiful purps.
Debra I don;t think anyone is worried about your spelling. :-).
Debra, so glad George Strait made tons of sds.

I sabattica or how ever it is spelled? That is what it kinda reminds me of, and of lil blue one that I can't remember the name to save my soul.. sheesh~
Tame and Wild
Kansas Native Button Bush
CatMint Walkers Low
BackYard March 3rd 2006 the first winter after my new backyard project started, notice the honey locust, ( which we had to taek down cuz it was dying)
Have you ever hugged a tree? I hugged this one so many times before it's death. Oh, then the nice clear fence, before the neighbers who live there now. There is now red trumpet vine , four kinds of sweet pea, loniceras, wild grape and a new ros on their side of the fence back there, and also they have put up wood fence on their back lot line, loks so different now. Oh, I think this is one of the last times it snowed, but I might be wrong, I will have to look.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the compliments on my pics! The third one is Convolvulus Light Blue Flash, was pretty but not a seed maker and wasn't too impressive in the container. I should have had it on the patio not all the way in the back of the yard, would have appreciated it more I think.

Debra I hear you on the tree, we have lots of old ones around here and hate to see some of them go.

Saginaw, MI

Love your pics Ronnie!! Cannot wait till I can get mine going here!! Seeing all these beautiful pics you all put up makes me even more antsy!!! But, please , don't stop posting for us all-- gives us all dreams & hopes of things to come!! LOL

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. It's really nice to be able to have those memories of blooms.

Love the pictures of your blooms Ronnie.

Beautiful pics Debra, love your blooms too. That snow sure looks pretty.

Lovely blooms Debra, Ipomoeas and natives.

Helena, Just sending pics to try and keep everyone entertained. I love going back and revisiting my former blooms.
So glad I have all my pics to enjoy.

Blue LYK , not a single seed did I gather from this one. A prolific bloomer

Jap Asago from Ronnies sd. Its a beauty, thanks Ronnie.

Purple no Mai, only made 3 or 4 purple blooms. I failed to mark the blooms for sd gathering.

To our new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298700

This message was edited Feb 17, 2013 4:46 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Saginaw, MI

Very pretty colors Jackie! Would love to be waking up daily to these right now!! But, not yet--SOON hopefully!!

Thanks Shirley. We have more cold weather coming our way so will be a while. :-(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.