We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1291505

pandurata

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread!

Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Jackie.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena, My pandy made some pretty blooms but overall my vine did not seem as healthy as in'yrs past.
You're welcome Linda.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh I love those pandys. I think I have some vining now.. here is hoping my tag is right LOL

Debra, I hope you get your pandys. Pandy does something funny when it first sprouts, a double stem coming from the cotyledon if I recall correctly. Seems like one of your pics showed your pandy seedling doing that too.

Gautier, MS

My pandy didn't bloom that well this past year but I'm still hoping it will this year. I'm going to reposition the trellis so it get more sun and I can see the blooms better.

Hope you get lots of pandy blooms too Helena. Mine didn't perform well this past summer for some reason.
A photo from July of 2010. This is one of the pics of pandy and our Palomino Goldie with her head in the g house, lol

Thumbnail by patootie

A nice shot of pandy down the fence line June 2010

Thumbnail by patootie

Those are beautiful!

Gautier, MS

I agree with Linda, beautiful blooms.

It turned out to be a beautiful day here in MS warm enough for me to play in the dirt and transplant my mg seedlings into bigger cups. I sprayed the leaves and they got to spend a couple of hours outside in the sunshine!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Your seedlings look great Helena. Are they in the large foam cups?
Was only 48 or so here today and will be
colder tomorrow. I'm trying to get things done during this off season for me. The only'time I have to play catch up.

morning girls and guys.. stayed up late seeding up more seed trays. no blooms to show, been missing them cuz of work. I dumpster dive the trash can at work for the cups folks throw away at the coffee counter.. we pay 14 cents a piece for them, i figure I can use them if I wash them out. some of the starbucks coffee cups are waxed paper cardboard, thought i would try those, what do u think?
colder than a witches tit here today went to work in 17 degree weather. brr!
I have all these bags of seeds I need to put in my work bag so I can send them off to who ever I didn't get any too.. Karen, Ronnie, Darrin.

Nothing wrong with re-purposing coffee cups, and saving the landfils!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies, I recycle the huge cups that everybody brings home from the takeout places. Jackie, I think most of mine are 24 ounces maybe a few are 36 oz. I have 5 seedlings with those on my kitchen window sill.

Hope the weather warms up some for you guys.

Helena, I do like to use the 8 oz foam cup to start
mine in and then I pot up
to the 1 gal size nursery pots.But the vines I plant in the large tubs have healthier leaves than the vines
in the 1 gal size. They don;t dry out as fast in the lg tubs and stay more hydrated so less stressed.
You'll be moving all those up to large pots?

Blue Marble Not from 2011, different bloom than my 2012 BMN but just as pretty. Not a single sd did
the 2011 version make

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie. I eventually hope to see blooms on my BMN this spring. I'm going to keep these seedlings in these cups for as long as I can. If it warms up good by the end of March, the special ones I might put into bigger pots, the others I just might put in the ground. I do think that the vines do better in bigger tubs and pots.

i have been untangling vines all night that have gone wild in the basement garden ( charlies room) I think a jl is about to bloom. something with white and a darker center anyways.. I see all kinds of seed pods on those vines, but have been missing the blooms. boo hoo

had a red with white edge tiny bloom in the pink bedroom, those vines are now starting to bud and vine.
have to git back down and finish my mess... hope it isn't 1 again when I come up, i got a clock to hang up on the main wall so I can keep track of time, i get down there and totally get lost..
BMN us a very beautiful bloom whether a seed producer or not, Jackie. Thanks for showing her!

Thanks Helena and Debra.
Helena I think they do better too in the lg pots and tubs, I hope
it warms up here by March.
Debra, I like to send pics of BMN, one of the prettiest I have ever grown.
Hope no one gets tired of her. ;-)

We can never get tired of your pictures!

Gautier, MS

I agree, love looking at the pictures of beautiful BMN blooms!

Thanks Linda and Helena.

here is one from patio mix..2012

Thumbnail by joeswife

What a gorgeous bloom Debra.

here are a few most recent basement garden shots..( like I am really happy about these)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful, esp the orchid. Love the orange
Christmas Cactus too.
Is that a Bouganvillea spelling on the end?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Never tire of anyone's pics, especially this time of year!
Debra it must be like the tropics in your basement garden...beautiful!!

Thanks , I have never seen an orchid of an kind bloom for me let alone live LOL

I go down stairs and sit in a chair by the fish pond and feed the fish one pellet at a time, watch them until I get drowsy and then hop up to go do something.,.
new t5 lights in basement main room, ( farthest south and farthest north)
new breaker box with higher amps per breaker per outlet for the spot lights.. ( I have to make some kind of warmer lights for blooming..)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

charlies room got re-arranged..
i moved the swan plant to the main room, moved the tomatoe and peppers to the corner it was in charlies room, re hung some ribbons for the morning glorys
the bougie is a varigated leaf one sent to me by a nice dg'r, i have nt killed it yet..setosa and other vines are climbing good now..

oh! one was open this am

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Your inside garden is really nice to see. All your plants look healthy and happy.

I agree, love your basement garden! Nice to go down there and see the blooms!

These are a few Angel trumpets I have blooming in the spare bedroom! Dark pink and a yellow one!

Thumbnail by taters55

Your plants all look great Debra. Love the Bletilla orchid, I killed mine. :-(

Very pretty MG bloom this morning and gorgeous Pink Brug, my favorite Brug color.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Has anybody on this forum bought any MG seeds off that famous online auction that starts with an E? I got some really neat stuff (including some Japanese crosses) from a buyer, including seeds of yellow MG.

I haven't Buttoneer because I don't have Pay Pal. Let us know how they do for you. :-)

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Ohhh Patootie, you must get yourself a Paypal account. Unbelieveable the MG's they have there. Only thing is, some of the seeds are expensive, $ 2.99 for 5 seeds and $ 3.00 to ship but if you buy enough, they only charge you one $ 3.00 shipping charge. I've been reading the MG forums & I guess I will have to grow each different variety in a different pot this summer & keep them separated to discourage cross-pollenation. Dunno how you manage to keep all yours from crossing.

Lol, Buttoneer I don't stop em. Most all of mine are open pollinated so my sds could produce lots of surprises. The species remain true. A few nils that are slow to make sds are the only ones I tried to help along by playing the bee. :-)
I doubt if I will order from on-line, I have hundreds of pkts I havent even tried yet.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I've ordered many seeds from EBay and have been both pleased and displeased. Some I've paid a pretty penny for and they didn't germinate. I have plenty to trade Buttoneer, if your interested check in with me before you buy any more.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Ronnie, Dmail coming your way. BTW, whereabouts in Central Pa are you? I'm in Carlisle. Thanks, Judy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.