(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 116 votes:

Yes, we had snow earlier than usual
(11 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Yes, we've had flurries
(19 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Yes, we've had all the snow I want to see this year!
(31 votes, 26%)
Red dot

No snow yet...
(16 votes, 13%)
Red dot

Snow? What's that?
(33 votes, 28%)
Red dot

HA! I'm in the Southern Hemisphere and it is summer!
(6 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Concord, CA(Zone 9b)

I live in an area that gets snow on the ground maybe every 30-40 years. However, there is a nearby mountain that is visible from my house that regularly gets patchy snow every winter. I chose "No snow yet", because so far this year the mountain has been bare.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

THERE IS STILL 8 OR 10 on the ground of about 20 inches The snow will be gone from rain this week.

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

I would like some....... just a wee bit and no ice.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

We had a white Christmas (about 3-4 inches)! And that is all I need 'till next Christmas.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We have snow cover. Don't really need more. I'd rather see it rain like it did last winter. That would do more for soil moisture.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Not much and not earlier than in prior years. I love the look of it but I don't like the ice.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

We've been teased with some rain/snow mixes, but no white on the ground. We usually get 1-2 snows a year, usually in Jan-Mar, so still time this year.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

no snow here.....80's are predicted the rest of the week.......

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We have gotten some snow but need alot more. Rain is on the way so that will help moisture wise. Road wise...not so much. Gravel roads are slushy now and will become pure mud later this week.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Two very light dustings early in the winter, but mild since. Exceptionally mild so far in Jan 2013, 9 to 11° every day, but returning to average (5 to 7°) later this week.

Resin

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

I voted that I have had all I want this year, but that isn't right. We do need more snow cover later, but I desire no blizzards or sleet.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

We had just enough flurries to say "Look, flurries". and than they were gone.

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

We've had snow on the ground since before Christmas. And a few 3 -4 inches snowfalls after that. Still have about 5 inches left on the grassy areas. The temps are supposed to rise into the 50's by the weekend into beginning of next week. It's the "January Thaw" I suppose, but February & March usually bring more snow. March is usually a doozy! Two years ago we had about a foot of snow around St. Patty's Day! If I ever win LOTTO I will definately become a snowbird! :>)

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

No snow yet. We usually get at least some in the air, even if they immediately melt when they hit the ground.
This year, we haven't even got below freezing yet. Very odd.
Barb

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Haven't seen snow here since back in the 1980's. Right now it's 68F. We're supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's for the rest of the week. Love it!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Snowed a little Christmas Eve, was very happy it was going to be a white Christmas, woke up Christmas morning it was all gone :(

I WANT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

We haven't had snow and really aren't expecting it. It would be inaccurate to say that we never have snow (as in "Snow? What's that?"). We typically have a light dusting of snow once every 10yrs - which is pretty close to no snow at all. Since we had our 'dusting' a couple years ago, snow would not be expected this year.

I would like snow, too, especially if we could get enough to make snow cream and if the snow would stick around for a day or two (which is all but unheard of here where a whole inch of snow is enormous and where snow, when it does show up, often does so at night and is gone shortly after daybreak).

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here that is called "Frost" LOL!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

warm here mostly. Have been running A/C or opening windows. Have had a couple of lite frost and some upper twenty temps at night. Black-eyed Susan Vine, Milkweed, Red Ruellia, Brugs, Gingers, Bottle Brush Tree still blooming. Not many plant have died back just bloomed out for the season. First time ever I have been able to harvest seed from my White Phillipine Violet. Has always frozen back before seeds ready

Forgot to say I moved 4 Gulf Fritillary Caterpillers to another larger passi vine today. They were down to 1 leaf left on that plant

This message was edited Jan 8, 2013 10:59 PM

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

No snow here so far this winter. It's supposed to get to 70F this Sunday, so I don't expect snow any time soon.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

ROTFLMHO, CountryGardens!

Not quite that light a dusting! But that did get a good laugh out of me. It actually is snow, sometimes an inch or so but more often it looks like a powdered sugar decoration on a cake, so thin a layer that you can still see the outline of twigs and leaves in places. Once, several decades ago we actually scored some 5in, a foot in the drifts, and it 'stuck' for a whole 3 days. That was so unprecedented that we labeled it our 'Blizzard'. We rolled up the city, closed all the businesses, and stayed home until it melted. Folks from areas with 'real' snow would no doubt have died laughing at us.

Lake Helen, FL

Can't say it's never happened in this county, but so far...a tribute to the as usual.

Thumbnail by Reynardine
Talihina, OK

Had a solid 4" on Christmas day it fell on frozen rain so it was pretty interesting here for a day or so

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

DreamofSpring - we'd still call that a dusting here :)
CountryGardens - How much did you get "that one day" before Christmas? We got 18" that day 'in the cities' - well, in my yard anyway.
We've had a total of 23" or so - more coming this weekend. Supposed to rain & turn to snow - possible significant snowfall. I havent heard totals, but it would require the snow blower/plow.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

2" or so. Ground is nearly bare in the fields. Some drifts around.

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

DreamOfSpring ... so, years ago you folks had a "5 inch Blizzard". Up here in the Pocono Mountains of northeast PA we often have to shovel "3 feet of partly cloudy". lol

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

we have usually had at least a few inches by now, or at least some ice....its been freakishly warm the whole winter season, as was last winter too. Its been throwing things off around here---trees starting to try to re bud too early, and bugs bugs bugs.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

We've had a total of about 8" so far this season. More than I want to see.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

ROTF, PAgirl60,

That was a once in 4 decades event for us. When we see a few snowflakes dancing in the wind, we get all dizzy with anticipation and call everyone else, so they can see. We really only see that a time or two in a decade, and then it may melt before it reaches the ground. Even a paltry dusting is a noteworthy event around here.

Still chuckling at your "3ft of partly cloudy" up there. I've never even seen more than a few inches of the white stuff; wouldn't know what to do with 3ft. Don't worry though, we get ours in summer - when we have to mop up the 3ft of sweat from our brows.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

love the 3ft of partly cloudy! I really did LOL!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

WE had snow and then the passed few days a warm up. At 5pm tonight we had NO snow on the ground. Fell asleep around 10, woke up about 1am and there is some snow on the ground once again.
Why can't it make up its mind??????

Concord, CA(Zone 9b)

Yesterday we finally had a dusting of snow on the mountain in the morning, though it had disappeared by late afternoon.

Talihina, OK

We are getting just a little popcorn snow everyday ,but it is just flat cold here 21° which is plenty cold for SE Oklahoma ..I talked to a friend that lives in Northern California yesterday and he said it was -12° there He lives at 3k ft. elevation... Better he than me

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

NONE OF THE ABOVE

We have had flurries once, and SNOW once, 6"-8". It stayed on the ground over a week. I'm ready for some more. We've just gotta have it one more time so I can make SnowCreme!!! My 92-year-old Mom --must-- have her snowcreme!! LOL

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

FlowrLady, what is SnowCreme? I've never heard of it.

Lake Helen, FL

PAgirl60: I suspect it resembles Bosco Freeze. You'd put lids full of Bosco Chocolate Syrup on the windowsill and wait for them to get snowed on and freeze over. Also, in the days of glass bottles and milkmen, you might find a neck of frozen milk that you could cut off and sugar and Bosco.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Recipe for snowcreme

snow
evap milk
sugar
vanilla

mix well and eat

some people will tell you to use condensed milk instead of evap milk and sugar. It's a southern thing, I guess, and we love it :)

Lake Helen, FL

FlowrLady, it sounds delicious, but where I live now, I can't make it.

Lake Helen, FL

Meant to upload this:

Thumbnail by Reynardine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.