HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS - Valentine Exchange

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, purchased items are okay, I was just saying that the valentine itself should be handmade but what the heck, It all comes from the heart, right? You guys are just the greatest. I am so excited to give my friend Linda all the neat cards and things that you have sent. It means the world to me and I know that it will mean a lot to her too. She will be so surprised. Thank you all so very much. Big Hugs to you all.

Mine is definitely hand made. My hands hurt,,, lol

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Shirley ,
Awesome Valentine gift you received from Crystal.
Great job Crystal.
Patti

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Mittsy, I received my valentine today! Love, love the place mat! And the card! And the tea towel! And the mug rug! Saving the chocolate for Valentines Day........ Well..... maybe.... I will have my cinnamon toast and tea using the place mat and mug rug. Thank you so much. I'll take pictures hopefully tomorrow and try to show them here.
I'm still working on mine. I have a bit of time yet.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Can't wait to see pics it sounds wonderful!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Pat, you have your pictures yet?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Nah, had to paint until after 10:30 last night and then got called out on emergency this morning. I'll be headed home about 6PM tonight and if I'm lucky no more call outs!!! THEN I can get pictures tonight. For now, my lunch is over, back to work!

I am hoping that my project will turn out.. Will know by tomorrow night. Hard to know when you are waiting to see if it comes out of a kiln like you envisioned it. If not then I am back to the drawing board. Going to start a back up plan tonight. See how confident I am... Sigh

Don't you hate it when we are so hard on ourselves? I am sure it will come out beautiful Kris!

I hate glazing. But since this is for outside I had to do it this way. Whaaaaaaaaa..LOL

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

We are so hard on our selves.... i have to say i have gotten the best gifts from my swap buddies and I honestly don't remember ever being disappointed. Probably because we all worry so much... rofl Can get up to 3 inches of snow tonight only 74 yesterday!

3 inches of snow after 74 degree weather is well... MEAN!! LOL

OK, now let's see how much information I RETAINED about importing the photos. I have taken pictures of my Valentine box contents. I have a beautiful reversible apron, a red pillow with applique heart, a cute little frog springy, a pen & notepad set, a box of Valentine chocolates and don't let the "fluffy" bag fool you, a now empty bag of Reeces Peanut Butter chocolates hearts. YUM!!! See? Even Jalouse gives her nod of approval! Thanks again Linda, a beautiful Valentine card as well.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

SEE? See???? I can post pictures!!! LOL THanks again Helene! I'm going to catch up on DG and then get cookie dough made and go to BED!!! I'm tired and sooooooooo far behind at work. I stayed until 7PM and I'll go in early tomorrow. MAYBE I can get caught up by Friday (or I'll have to stay late on Friday and /or come in over the weekend too.)

Very nice Linda!!!!! Love the apron!!

Yeah, Pat can post pictures! Apron and pillow was hand made, everything else was bought.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Nice pressie LK! ! Made even nicer thanks to Helene! ! ;-) Doc can now post pictures.

Doc????? Who's a doc???

Still waiting on the kiln,, must have gotten up every hour on the hour to see if it was done. Finally turned off, however if I open it before the temp hits 95 degrees the glaze will crack_!! So frustrating for an impatient Elfie.....

Pat is a Doc!

I'm not a "Doc", I am a mental health counselor and crisis evaluator...when someone is suicidal I am 1 of 4 in my county that are on-call to decide if that person needs to be involuntarily hospitalized. Thunder just calls me Doc.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

You know you just opened yourself up to whole new clientele.
Hugs

Saginaw, MI

Wow!!! Very nice valentines box Pat!! Nice gifts Linda!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

You have all just outdone yourselves on this swap and I am just pleased as punch. Thank you all for being so generous and having such a great Exchange of friendship. Thats what is all about right?
Mine is going out tomorrow or Friday. Had to wait till some of my extra goodies arrived. heheh. Have a great weekend everyone.

Hey, are any of you following the gourd beading tutorial. Haven't heard from anyone except Taters lately.

I am following.. just out of town. So will be back to work on mine by Saturday.

Bloody kiln still to hot to open.

Saginaw, MI

Kris, what kind of molds do you have??? Do you have garden gnomes or garden fairies???

No.. I do sculpting. I do have a few molds, but not many. I have thought about getting some, but not anytime soon, unless I luck up on super cheap molds that is.
Most of my molds are of vases and pots.

Blackshear, GA

Elfie is very talented! I happened to be one of the lucky swap partners of Elfie one time and she made me the cutest plaque with frogs and my name on it. I love it! If I think about it...I'll take a picture of it tomorrow. Soooo, someone is going to get a very nice surprise, I am sure.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful apron and pillow Pat. Pretty kitty too. Great job Linda.

Sigh... Kiln hates me and so does red glaze. Back to the drawing board.....

Oh oh!

Yes, I had a "bonding defect" and I'm having to try a new adhesive so I can relate to your disappointment Kris.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Just got bad news about my dear friend. She went to the doctor today for a scan and the cancer has gone into the lymph nodes. She has agreed to try the weekly Chemo for a while to see if it helps at all. But I have some really bad feelings about this..

So sorry Jan, sending lots of prayers for her. Glad to hear she is at least going to try the treatments!

Sorry to hear about your friend.. Cancer is the scariest thing in the world. Sending hugs and best wishes for the chemo to help.

Going to bed now. Long drive in the morning. Ralph says there are trees down on our property and on the road we live on. Should be an interesting day...

Saginaw, MI

So sorry to hear about the set back Jan!! Hoping for the best possible outcome for her!! Praying the treatments will work for her!!!

We just got GREAT news on our homefront!! My sister went back for check after finishing chemo/radiation and she is cancer free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to start tamoxafen and will have to take it for the next 5 years and praying cancer STAYS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a safe drive Kris!!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Keeping fingers crossed for you, Kris. No damage I am aware of over here. Maybe by the time you get that far, people will have taken the trees off the road.

I agree that cancer is the scariest word. Hope and pray for the best for your friend, Jan

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

thank you all so much for your kind words. I'm not sure how she will do on the chemo, Only God knows and its really all up to him and to her now. That was probably the worst news for her to hear. That means that it is very near ....... can't even say it.
Hugs everyone.

Saginaw, MI

Jan, I know it is hard to not think things like that as that is the nature of us humans--immediately think the worst---but my sister & cousin have been fighting cancer also--sister for a year and a half & cousin for 6 years--sisters did not go to lymph nodes--but cousins did and through various treatments and lots of support they are both still with us!!! Just keep up the prayers and much needed support (the littlest things can mean so much at a time like this) and try to keep up your spirits!!! Take care!!!

This message was edited Jan 31, 2013 1:06 PM

Jan, my friend in San Antonio had stage 3 uterine cancer. She had a total hysterectomy, then went through 6 months of chemo, and she is doing fine now. Her hair is finally coming back in. She said the worse part are the shots she has to go in for the day after her chemo. She said they made her bones hurt so bad. So they told her to take a claritin tablet everyday, and that helped a lot. If you are close, she will need someone with her for support on the days she gets her treatments, and a ride to and from the place.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I believe the best peace of mind comes from enjoying every moment in whatever way we can. Being observant, living in the moment, appreciating whatever there is to appreciate, from the play of dust motes in the sunlight thru a window, to the taste of a piece of chocolate. Thankfulness is a great salve.

AMEN!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.