January Weather, Happy New Year!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Our predicted freezing temp. on Sat. morning appears to be getting pushed north and east of us - THANK YOU, LORD!!!!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh that is good Kay, the plants all thought it was spring down here...never fails, does it?

44 here this morn, but they say up to 73.

Mountain View, HI

Grey skies and raining again. Wind has gone calm. Warmer though mid 60s to mid 70s.

Might get some snow early next week on the top of the mountains (Thats above 10,000ft level) Weather front supposed to pass through the islands.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

23 and dry so far. Freezing rain was supposed to have hit around 3, then around 4 and now after 7pm tonight. It is now after 7 and there is only a small amout of freezing rain and sleet north of 36 highway. The weather people have been way off base so far with this little storm. I hope covering our mirrors and windows wasn't for nothing.

Pepper, where is 36 Hwy.?

North of here. It runs thru Chillicothe, Cameron and St. Joseph east and west.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

24 DEGREES NOW feels colder , snowed three inches this morning . went to the doctors to have my eyes checked after surgery day before yesterday ,
Some of have heard that so you may ignore , i am happy I can see .
Been here a bunch but haven't been reading the same for a couple of days.
Weather wise the roads this morning were like skate city , cleared up some quick though. still cold ,looking forward to next weeks warm up . 50 maybe? who knows ...
I am really ready for the winter weather to come to an end . must be an old people thing , when I was a young it could have stayed winter all year and I would of enjoyed it the same as summer ,, could not have cared any less...then

Storm never really formed so we didn't get anything last night. Temps reached low 40s today for high with sunny skies. Early next week we are supposed to get near 70. A little too warm for this time of year!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Still cool mornings and great clear warm afternoons! I hope it lasts till April, haha! It probably won't. I never got the plants in the makeshift greenhouse....never got the plastic up, so now we have so few weeks until Spring I might as well sit it out.

"Sorry" to those who are getting the cold fronts coming thru, I'm sure glad it's not us! If we don't get rain soon I may have to water. I am feeling stronger now, so maybe with it warm I could manage to get out there!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are experiencing the same weather, cool morning warm afternoon .
Today -1º now going to +18º this afternoon. Rain tomorrow evening.

Mmmmmmmmm, 60 this morning, 70 right now - headed for 75 and breezy.

Around 50 for high and now about 45. Rain on way tonight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

IT S 17 TO 19 Degrees here what is up with that ? WINDY and cold ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

30º & just starting to rain. 2/10th of ice predicted.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

34 degrees ,, real quiet now , rising to the 50's by tomorrow morning..
Light breeze .. that;s all

75 degrees and sunny, with no wind!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

31º all day.

We got about ½" rain, some snow. It was ice on everything, then the snow took away the slipperiness.

This is what it looks like now. It can do this again tomorrow, we need the moisture.
For you that don't get over to poultry forum, these are our new hens, now 2 months old.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1289420/

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

61 and windy. Our low tonight will be about 50 and we will reach record highs tomorrow around 70. Waaay to warm for me this time of year!!

Got some rain and snow mix last night but nowhere near enough. My truck looks worse now than it did before the rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

49 Degrees,, lots of steady rain ♪♫♪ ^_^

This message was edited Jan 28, 2013 12:27 PM

This message was edited Jan 28, 2013 12:32 PM

Steady rain all day, now has tapered off to a drizzle til the snow comes in later tonight. Roads are expected to freeze over and be a mess in the morning. Expecting 1-2 inches of snow. Used to be people shrugged off a couple inches.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Your snow will not be here for a day or so, 63 degrees today, 61 now, with a hard pouring rain and lots of strong wind gusts ....
Would that be 100% HUMIDITY
and 30 to 40 mph winds that is about how it feels

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

NOW we have 50 to 70 mph winds , severe thunderstorm warning , flood watches and warnings until 11 am , tornado watch until 5 to 6 am.. 64 degrees...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Bernie the hens are looking good! And the snowy pictures are looking COLD!

Today up to mid record high 80's...but tomorrow back down to upper 60's and lows in the mid 40's. As long as we don't freeze, I don't mind the cooler nights, good sleeping weather. No rain and we sure could use some....well sounds like it is struggling again. :(

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am hearing the Mississippi river is closed again , How can that be , it is rain rain rain.......

Got some snow today but not much. Only a thick dusting. Roads were treated well enough that there weren't too many problems. Temps reached around 25 but with the gusty winds felt like zero. It is pretty bitter out there. Not as cold as Bernie but still cold!! lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are only at 6º. Bunch of scared s***less schools are starting 2 hours late tomorrow. Never heard of such a thing when I went to school. I had to walk a ¼ mile to catch the bus. Kids have it to easy. No wonder there is a problem with overweight kids.
Look on the bright side, 60 days from now is April 1st.

Here in Paradise this morning, it's 41 degrees - high of 66 today. Tonight - lows in the 30's expected - I'm sure glad I covered all the tropicals yesterday!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It snowing here now also , It is that way now because of tired or other things , of bus drivers and slide offs,
I am not going into little red school house stories
Although I have a few myself.
It was not any like the 1880's blizzard in Nebraska , I remember a few high plains windy zero days in winter I could of passed on...
Half a mile after a 60 inch snowfall ,, the walk to school was plenty .

This message was edited Jan 31, 2013 11:44 AM

No snow today but it's plenty cold. We were in the 20s this morning and by 5pm we were in the teens. Going for broke tonight. lol.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-9º
I'll start a new thread in the morning.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

UNTIL then ,12 degrees and falling , permafrost snow cover ,,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

February thread;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1296419/

THIS ONE IS CLOSED!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.