January Weather, Happy New Year!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We got about 2 inches of snow last night. Gravel roads are slippery in spots and I had to use 4 wheel drive to get around at times. Mainly on steep hills and to help with get up and go traction.

Highs today in high 20s and sunny, plenty of melting went on but now down to mid 20s and dark.

Mountain View, HI

Rained pretty heavy for a while last night but woke up to a clear dark blue sky all day with a gentle breeze, about 78f. Not a cloud to be seen.

Yesterday morning was a great time for cloud watching. A line of thunderstorms stayed out over the ocean against a clear sky. Beautiful cumulus and anvil tops, multiple shades of grey.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Looks like we're going to freeze tonight, not something that happens every winter. I had to go out and through protection over a few really sensitive plants, hope I don't lose any to the cold. The Kalanchoes and Aeoniums are the most sensitive.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

23 DEGREES 16 degree wind chill feels colder!!! windy ,cloudy, humid, Lots of ice around , including the cube named me!!!!

SIngle digits overnight or close to it anyways. Very bitter. 28 for high today and sunny. It was cold enough this morning my truck almost didn't start for me. I had a moment of panic there!! lol

(Zone 7a)

Single digits at night here, too. Not loving the cold!

Highs in the low 30s and sunny. Currently 27.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It's cold

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Should be cold ----
-----

---

-----

-----
it's winter!!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We're in our last day up to 80's, they say a cold front and only up to 70's tomorrow. ☺

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

We're supposed to start warming today. Thank goodness, my tortoise is not happy, he hasn't eaten in almost a week.
I hope this was the last of the really cold weather.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunkissed, at least you will have a low of 70 - we're supposed to get into the low 40's by tomorrow morning - egads, I don't like cold. Once again, my yard looks like tent city - covered all the tender tropicals, closed the greenhouse doors and will hunker down for as long as it lasts.

Today we got into mid 40s. Warm enough to melt some more snow and ice off the back roads around here. We'll keep warming up thru Fri then we go back down. My goal is Friday to be able to unlock my hubs and not need 4wd for a little while.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High today 40º. Now it is 19º.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Cold, almost freezing, warmer afternoons....no rain until Sun! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning, here in Paradise, it's 50 degrees and WINDY - BBBBRRRRRR!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I'll send down my sheepskin, we haven't needed it here.
A balmy 8º this morning.

I have a sheepskin coat. Wore it this morning to walk the dog - wind went right through it!

Well they say down to 44 tonight, the high is 70...not the low. But only the one night...hope they're right, since they've been pretty wrong this whole winter...last time they said 44 it dropped to 37. So far it is gorgeous out.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A beautiful 40 degrees the past two days , still is.

The single digit coldest weather ; that was in the forecast has not materialized.
That was weekend , now it is forecast for next Mon. through Wed.
2 degrees is really cold here ,not looking forward to that at all!!!!
0 positive atmosphere gives me headaches(Artic air)

This message was edited Jan 17, 2013 5:02 PM

Highs in high 40s today, low to mid 50s tomorrow. Sunny too!! Enjoying it while it lasts.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well at this hour it is 47 degrees and I am admiring all the southern gardeners and all that warm weather .
It about to turn very, very, cold here.
Well winter decided to arrive in January.. Has something usual finally happened about the weather? I do not know if to be in shock or awe or not !!!/...
Meaning tomorrow and the day after (cold)

Mountain View, HI

Three or four days of clear cloudless skies, no wind and the ground is finally drying out.

But boy is it COLD! 53f in the bedroom this morning and colder outside, probably got down to 50f.

Its currently 9.30am and its warming up to 60f

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cold 24 degrees windy , last nights 30 to 40 mph winds were very much so!!!
wind chills down to -10 to -20 and single digits tonight and tomorrow

This is the kind of January I remember!!! ... i am ready to forget ...!!!! lol

Read above post. LOL.

Provo, UT(Zone 5a)

just a cold winter for many of us.. brrrr
enough already !!!
forcast for here is "maybe" end of next week mid 30sF
for days.. high teens nites..
normally id say..brrr..to cold..this yr..thats a warm up..
sigh...
not alot of snow here..but its been so cold..snow is just like
glass..lousy skiing..
looking forward to spring for sure !!!
i wanna get some lettuce/spinach going.. hopefully not
in april.. :)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

7º here. High tomorrow will be below zero!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG ; are sure that's not Artica MN Do you ever make some cold temp posts, Almost the same as international falls , and that is as cold as it gets ,, Been there..... once .. cold!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

9 degrees and falling about 2 or so degrees an hour ,windy, frigid, cold...
Does that all night and we looking at well below 0 degrees in the morning.

Hello CG I am picking on you some aren't I lol Would you take back your weather if I asked you nicely?..??

C....O.......LL........DDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

16 and dropping.

(Zone 7a)

13º and dropping...

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Slightly cool mornings and great afternoons. It was supposed to reach 70 today. It was beautiful. Went out in the garden and swung on my swing. It was beautiful!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-6º

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

4 Degrees here -9 wind chill I will race "ya' to the ice cubes.!!!
frigid..Wind at 17 to 23 is a little unusual when is this cold

Panama City, Florida aka Paradise: 50 degrees and windy - BBBRRRRR! It's supposed to be in the low 30's by Wednesday morning, then back in the high 70 during the day/50's at night for a couple of days, then freezing by Saturday morning.

Mountain View, HI

Cloudless skies during the day and starry moonlit nights.

A strong tradewind gets going during the day and whistles through the ironwoods. Everything is drying out, at last. Dead sticks, leaves and debris blowing out of the trees across the lawn.

Night temps have warmed a bit, only going down to 58f, Daytime still gets into the mid 70s.

After a bit of a damp start January is turning our to be our traditional driest month of the year.

You are truly Blessed, Microb!

27 for high, 24 now. Sunny skies and mild winds all day. Freezing drizzle on way for Thurs. NOT looking forwards to that!!

56 this morning...in the house!!!!!...last time I depend on the DH to close the windows. Outside said 42. But it is sunny.

High of 45 and sunny and now down to 37. We have freezing drizzle coming in tomorrow just as I get off work. I hope I beat it home before roads get bad.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.