January Weather, Happy New Year!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Not quite 2013, but I am sure it will make.
I hope everyone has a fruit-full year.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are at -2º. They say the wind chill is around -15º.
Hard to tell here, we have a great grove on the west & north side of our yard.
Warmer tomorrow & then warming rest of the week.
Snow on Wednesday.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I was wondering how your heat wave had been going?!!!lol Time saying about 15 minutes to midnight here , DG web time saying it 2013 for a while now.
32 degrees and three new inches of snow , You see the end of the planet became the never ending snowfall (storm) here. There is some humor there , nature saying it was all a snowstorm and will do as it(she) does.. hmmph! humans..Think they know everything....
Chill is only in 20"s here suppose to be about 9 degrees about Wednesday
OH WELL five...four...three...two...one...Happy New YEAR!!!!!! TOOT, HOOT, BEEP, Zreee!!!!!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Happy New Year Bernie and Bertha and every one else.
We had -12 here this morning with the sun shinning brightly.
I filled the bird feeders and hung out suet and it didn't take long for the wood peckers to find it.

Maxine

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy New Year everyone!! I didn't stay up. lol

It is currently in the low 20s and will drop down to the teens tonight. Birds enjoying bird food here too. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Grandma hasn't had he feeder out there in a while, Chickadee's complain once in a while passing through. Wind at 8 to 10 temperature 16 degrees and falling fast, humidity 82% Yes , it's cold , same for a many here it seems..
Single digits for the morning..
Think Florida or Texas is hogging all the heat? MAYBE

Maybe some snow would make that -2 feel warmer ,like insulation, ? Still too, too, cold..

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

6 Degrees sunny , It is still too cold!!!

Mountain View, HI

I cannot imagine the temperatures you guys are experiencing. Does it get down to a certain point after which anything lower makes little difference or does -2 really feel colder than 16f.

I don't feel comfortable reporting a frigid 58f in our bedroom this morning. We love it being that cold.

Highs in mid 30s and sunny today. Melted some snow and ice off parking lots and roads some.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

11 WITH A 0 WIND CHILL going for below 0 wind chill and single digits again tonight , Made it all the way up to 19 degrees here today, car thermometer said 22 in the sunny driveway .
Winds at 7 at increasing , asked someone What the temperature was a while ago today, The answer came back in a loud voice "COLD""!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It was something about 6 to 10 degrees last night , 20 degrees now ,feels like 12 yes it still cold only not even near yesterday..
I do not know about the lower temps, I never really concentrated on feeling the difference just ignoring it, but that 20 degrees feels warmer than 0
Suppose to have flurries this afternoon, good grief , more snow...it's pretty , but I was not planning on feeling like I was married to it or raising it for tomorrow 's generations either!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Beautiful sunrise this morning, with lovely Sundogs.
Of course I was on the road & camera at home.
13º at noon. Warming as the week goes on. Not bad for January.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Juhur and Pepper you may not have seen my post on the old thread but love all the fresh snow shots...I've been waiting for them...thanks for posting...so pretty.

Some really cold weather up there, I don't know how you all can do it...just rained here all night long from a front over us, we still have our windows open and listening to the rain dripping all night just makes you sleep like a baby. Cloudy and still a slight rain, 57° now, they say up to 65 today, but I kind of doubt that.

Happy New Year to Everyone!

We endure by dressing warm and putting on sunglasses to cut the glare from the snow. lol. And drive slowly.

Reached mid to high 30s for high and sunshine. Plenty of melting going on. Luckily not seeing much ice yet so I don't have to lock hubs back in.

(Zone 7a)

Pepper has it right. LOL Can't go anywhere without those sunglasses to cut the glare. I even have prescription sunglasses.

Single digits at night and not much warmer in the day. 18º now and hazy.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Up here it's snowmobling, ice fishing & skiing. Even lots of sleding if you are in hilly area.
Heat wave going on, 21º.

I live on a hill that is perfect for sledding if we get the perfect snow. lol. We don't really get those anymore. :~(

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Below zero every morning for this past week. ENUFF already. And the weather channel says we will thaw for a week and then get cold again.
wunnerful. teehee. Happy New Year. ~Blooms

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Cold, wet, possible sleet, above freezing but below warm.......should have put a fire in the fireplace! Maybe tomorrow!

It is raining again......pouring as matter of fact. If my plumerias do not freeze they may float to China! LOL!

I think the drought here is officially over now!

I do remember sledding as a kid...how much fun it was. My Dad was military and I've lived in Maine, Mass. and Delaware, but I never have driven in snow, moved from the last cold weather state when I was 14 back to Calif.

When we go to the NC mountains for a visit the roads are pretty cleared before we have to drive on them. But back in 2010 it was the first time my husband (born and raised in Florida, and me living here over 30 years) and I had seen snow in well over 20 years, we were like two little kids playing. We got into a snowball fight with some other tourist there that were from Miami, they didn't speak English too well be we all had a blast. We took this photo of us playing in the snow with the camera on time delay, you can see how much fun we were having. And yes my husband has his sunglasses on. ☺

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Us too!! we use to live to go sledding when we were youngsters it was great fun!!^_^
Building an igloo, making snow fort castles. oh yes ,making a Snowman!! Had to have "Frosty"". Been a day or two ago, these days we put salt on the ice, and shovel the snow from walkways and drives.
Goodness something has changed(sigh)

29 NOW 35 LATER . maybe snow flurries later today ,light snow tomorrow, Then 40's and rain?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We got it!! ITS SNOWING!!!!!! again ,,,,,,

Send that snow my way!!! LOL. We have a chance of rain next week but not snow. Roads cleared off finally today. No more ice til the next round.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 DEGREES windy cold ,snow cover still, all quiet ....

43 now, dark and brisk winds.

(Zone 7a)

24º.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is 40 degrees here 3.30 this afternoon , sunny , bright ,day!! I can deal with it!!! First day in two weeks it has been above freezing for more than an hour...OH Yeah!!!!!

(Zone 7a)

35º now and overcast.

50s today and sunny. Only needed a hoodie to keep warm.

Mountain View, HI

Rain has eased up, winds have dropped and temperature is edging its way up to 70f. But still we are getting enough showers day and night to keep the ground wet and barely time to get out between showers to do garden work. Weekend promises the possibility of more heavier showers and maybe snow on Mauna kea. This is our wet season and for the first time in years it is living up to it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We have rain and sleet sprinkling, cloudy ,13 to 22 mph, wind, Temps are suppose to rise all night tonight reaching the 60's the next two days.
During the next six days it will go from 64 degrees to 5 degrees, absolutely miserable weather********

This is the kind of weather that kills plants ,and darn near us!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

34º & overcast. Rain predicted.

Similar weather to juhur. Today was only in the 40s with rain, then mist then heavy duty fog which will be even worse in the morning. Tomorrow temps in the 60s, Sat we reach middle 30s and Sunday we are lucky if we reach 30.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Set a record here yestserday 81 degrees. Not usually that warm this time of year but its ok with me. Don't have to drag out those landscape blankets yet to cover plants.

Don't think I could take your temps anymore. Used to go sledding also as a kid but I'm way past being a kid now. I'll just look at the snow on tv or in newspapers.

I'm not very far from sunkissed so I know she is enjoying this weather too.
Bonnie

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

63 degrees and climbing right now , skipped away, "oh to play in the garden" , after digging and preparing a couple of melon hills I am sweating (no way ,not possible)
Partly sunny ,calm Wind will return later..it always does about sunset....

High 20s now and snowing. Expecting 1-3 inches in the area. We aready have an inch so I'm expecting closer to 3. Bring it on!! Roads are already a mess. A friend of mine is headed home from the city and said it's pretty bad out there.

You bet ya Bonnie, we grilled pizza with our friends last night, sat around the fire-pit and just kept saying how beautiful it was. We are on our sixth day of making it up to 80 and got at least five more to go before next cold front, and then just in the 70's...I'm so loving this weather. That said...they do show us dipping down to upper 30's in about 12 days...just hope they're wrong bout that...but know this great weather can't last...after-all it is mid January... I have to keep reminding myself that. ☺

Hey Bonnie Lowe's has marked down their landscape blankets 10 bucks...good time to stock up on them.

Family of Wrens eating from my bird feeder, Woodpecker in my oak tree, wild cat on my window ledge. ☺

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well it is raining here still since last nights thunderstorms, MID 30'S dropping to 19 , wind chills single digits!!
GOOD GRIEF !!!!!
Flood warnings ,lots of water around , Jingle bells , winter smells , yes I am at it again!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We could use some of that water.
10º, low overnight was 3º.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

If I was mother nature;
CG&E
National oil &pipeline consortium
I would send you all you would or could want..

Well from Indiana to the Illinois junction of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers should be filling up..Anyway Only it does seem to do that this time of year usually . Flood to Drought oh what fun!!!????

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.