What's happening in your neck of the woods 2013 !!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm at this temp job for 4 more weeks - 3 into February, cuz they thought I'd be starting my new job then, so gave me a "bridge" to the new one....... ah well, the Good Lord will get me a job when I need to have it.......
Yes, Bob's enjoying his job - he's getting "abs of steel" from working lol Mind you, yesterday & today they had the crew unloading about 40 truckloads (20 ft trucks) over the two days, and his ankle is hurting.....

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Susan, hope Bob's ankle 'holds up', that's a lot of trucks to unload!
As for your job, I'm sure another will come along ..

Betty, I went into the MRI up to my chin. Was holding my breath thinking they would 'stuff me all the way in', but, nope :-)
All in all it was something I would not hesitate doing again (as long as I didn't have to have my head inside)

Hope everyone has a stellare weekend, would imagine it's cool everywhere ..

TTFN

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

~M~ glad you didn't have to get "stuffed" all the way in! I'm sure there are other people who cannot abide having their head enclosed!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening all..busy day, not sure what I was busy at but I seem to easily have filled a day. Ann's nephew Toby is in surgery right now, cancer doesn't seem to care that he's in his 20's, she sure is distraught. Toby's mom died about a year ago, if it is a year and now this..chemo was going ok, he wasn't deathly I'll and then had to be rushed from parry sound to Toronto general (up yuk, hospital Roger died in)
Seems his bowel was crushed..extreme pain. Prayers would be appreciated..this young lad needs a miracle

Thoughts and prayers most assuredly going out to Toby.
I have to say, that I am kind of amazed at the 'younger age' of the cancer patients I am seeing, Lorna's hematologist is based in our cancer building so, when we go for appts the waiting room is a buzz of activity with clients there to see one of the several oncologists. Quite notably, there are younger patients waiting to be seen.

Seems we MAY be in a heat wave here .. snowed overnight and it's just -10C .. whew ^_^

Have a good Sunday all

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mornimg all,

Drats didn't sleep half the night and got up with a bad headache, just took something so hoping it eases and I can have the day to sew and get the quilt top I'm doing finished.

Thanks for the prayers for Toby..Ann said she would if all was ok drop in after church this morning. Will tell her Toby is getting mega prayers on his behalf.
Bloody cancer.

"M" get the shorts out. Lol

Nice and bright here, sun is trying to come out..do say snow/rain and higher temps coming this week, Lordy think Tuesday or Wednesday it will be in the 40's

Breakfast calling, gab in a bit..will post photo of the project I'm working on..

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Betty- Prayers for Toby.
Alberta Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thank you kindly..Toby spent a good night, all going well they will resume chemo Wednesday or Thursday. They have sent tissues to see if it is cancer now in another area of his body..can't believe it takes weeks to get such results..you would think under the circumstances they would have a rush.

Your Prayer mean so much to Ann and her family!

Brrr, haven't stepped out since yesterday morning, lazy kind of weekend, almost hate going to work tomorrow, if it weren't for getting a paycheck guess I wouldn't. Lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - prayers going out to Ann & Toby.... Cancer is such an invasive & scary disease.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Prayers from here as well.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

Thank you for the prayers.

My aunt Muriel called last night to say she had been at her brothers, my Uncle Gerry, hard calling him uncle because he is only 3 years my senior. Seems his cancer is back, not goof as his wife Laurie is battling the same.

Shaking my head, I'm sure most families know what it's like,mhaving loved ones battling cancer, prayers for them as well.

Still laying here in bed, they were calling for freezing rain last night, was hoping it was so then I'd be able to spend another day at home,,sounds quiet out there so guess its a work day. Lol

What do you all have planned for the day?

Prayers and thoughts for all those fighting ill health .. seems no family is untouched.

I am still in awe of 'the weather' .. hmm .. I MUST be a CANADIAN ^_^
Yesterday we almost hit +1C, as I type this at about 8am, it is -5C !! A veritable heat wave, and SO enjoyed.
Betty, I sure hope the freezing rain in your neck of the woods does NOT materialize. Lorna's Dad cancelled his dental appt 'just in case'.
As well .. they have a friend (96) moving to a 'retirement home' in Bracebridge today .. quite upsetting for not only the friend, but, also Lorna's folks as they have been watching over this lady for a few years now. But, the time has come when she can no longer care for herself, and, her family lives in Bracebridge.

Yesterday we took Lilly out in the Mule for a ride around the property, I had thought several times, that, of the 2 dogs, she is by far the more curious about the 'machine', so, I opened the door, and invited her in (while Piper ran away) and, she hopped in and onto my lap and thoroughly enjoyed the 10 minute excursion LoL.
We were even able to sit out in the sun, I have to say, the penetrating warmth on my head was welcomed !! Today we are to have a repeat of that weather .. so .. it's off early to get gas and do a bit of grocery shopping, Gordon put together a beef barley soup (from scratch) in the slow cooker last night, so, no worries re supper ..

I still have a bit of the 'dizzies' from taking the methotrexate Friday evening, but, that should be gone by tomorrow. It was my fifth dose, and, to be honest, my right hip is not feeling any better (yet), so, am thinking the psoriatic arthritis has taken its toll, however, the left hip feels great :-)

Lorna is really struggling with this new leg, it is NOT fitting properly. As a result, her phantom pain had escalated :-(
She has an appt to see the prosthetist this Thursday .. just very disappointing for her.

Guess I should start puttering around, or, play Scrabble LoL

Have an amazing day everyone

~M~

Shorts weather here today, AND, trust me, there were some young fellas out playing catch wearing just that, and TShirts .. it was way too damp for that, but, young people don't seem to feel that (til they get older) LoL I think we hit about +2 or 3C ..
Had a hygienist appt. never fails to amaze me how she chatters on , then, expects me to remember what she said .. nice, nice young lady though ..

Watching all the POLITICS on TV .. Kathleen Wynne (our new ON Premier), John Kerry put forward for Sec of State in the US, and, the ever present musings re Hilary Clinton running for President in 2016 .. keeps a news hound like me busy ^_^

Boy is this week flying by !! Waiting patiently for Lorna's prosthetics appt on Thursday ..

TTFN

~M~

Popping in to say HI ..

As always, busy day here .. doing my favourite thing .. GROCERY SHOPPING .. !! Went to WalMart .. thankfully it wasn't busy, but after about 20 minutes, I noted that it is a GOOD thing to KNOW your prices!! There were items at WalMart more expensive than another 'higher end' store I shop at. Gordon noticed it as well .. so .. buyer beware ...

Dental appt yesterday was awesome. We have all been using a new toothpaste by Crest, called PRO HEALTH, and, all of our check ups, and cleanings have been A OK ..

Not going to mention the weather .. suffice to say it's January !!

Betty, how's Toby ?
Actually, how are you as well ? Still getting headaches?

Leftovers tonight, suits me ..

Enjoy your evening ladies ..

OH .. should we be moving over, or, is it still OK ?

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

evening,

kind of giving up complaining, not helping a bit..lol..pressure in lower back is almost unbearable..not too bad when I'm moving but sit all day/week and about does me in..have not been sleeping all night up just before or after 4pm but am getting lots done.

see that the seniors were here..brought about 6 boxes/bags of fabric, none of which I would use, besides when making quilts like the new fabric..in the meantime, they left it in the family room for me to come home to..nothing is staying so will load it in the car tomorrow and drop it off at Value Village or Salvation Army.

Think "M" it's how they make their $$$..give bargooons then slip a few high priced items..lol..only think I like about Walmart is going in and pretty well getting everything done I want to do in town. I see in Buffalo they brought back the fabric/sewing department, great reasonable choices..have not done that here.

Imagine, in the 50's and now they are calling for snow squalls and high winds tonight..transferred the telephones to my house..wouldn't it be wonderful if I did have a snow day..I'm to anxious to have one, will never have one..(big grin)

Toby right now is going through a depression, won't even talk to fiance, cousins or dad..think he just wants to give up!

bath and meds waiting

pray for snow/snow/wind and more snow at least for me..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Too lovely not to share

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0

WOW .. isn't nature MORE that impressive ? Thanks for the link Betty, enjoyed watching it.
Hope your lower back starts to feel better .. at a loss as to what to suggest. Know friends who swear by massage, and, others who swear by chiropractors .. my feeling re either one is, 'pick your poison' .. not really a fan of chiropractors.
I did pray for snow for you LoL and, in so doing, it seems it missed the mark and may fall here along with wind and cold temps.

Off to the prosthetist this afternoon, hopefully he can 'snug up' Lorna's new prosthesis .. she hasn't worn it for a day now and sure does miss it. Never thought I'd ever hear her say she 'MISSED' it !!

So sorry to hear about Toby's frame of mind. It is one of the steps in the voyage with cancer though. I pray he can go forward .

Hope everyone has a great Thursday ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Snowday, Snowday..thanks "M"' storm passing through. I was going to head out but Suzanne said to sit and enjoy my day. I'm all for that but no sitting. Just a matter of letting back heal..slow but sure..have had both those treatments and only aggravates.

Was just speaking with Ann, Toby is doing poorly, white cel count right of the map..she is tempted to go to the city and I tried to get through to her if she gets in an accident she will not be there for him..hooe she takes head.

Mother Nature..Lordy , spring yesterday and within a few hours a blizzard..didn't start till after 6am..guess I would be pushing it if I asked for another Snowday tomorrow? Lol

Best of luck that all the kinks have been fixed and Lorna will have no more problems..

Off to turn up the heat

Happy to hear you are able to work from home today Betty .. glad I wished for that LoL

Toby is likely suffering from the emotional issues, because of the physical ones. White blood cell counts, when altered as they are with cancer, can really cause a person some grief. Feel bad for him, but, agree with you re Ann not travelling today.

Hunker down, we're about ready to take off here .. not to worry about the roads, it's just COLD and WINDY !!!

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Be careful "M"

winds have died down, no snow at the moment but that's the way squalls work

Trip to town was smooth. Prosthetic appt was llllllooooooooonnnnnggggg .. he had to 'pad' the socket he made last week .. he uses leather, and, it has to be pretty precise. At any rate, it all worked out just fine, and, the leg fits better now. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Hope the squalls stay away Betty .. still very cold her .. -25C brrrrrrrrrrr .. I hear/see Susan is getting cold temps as well in Calgary ..

Off to make some phonecalls ..

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Here is hoping she'll adjust easily to the changes.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be another Snowday. Lol. Aren't I terrible!

Well .. is it a 'snow day' Betty ?
Not here, if anything people should stay inside so as NOT to freeze their lungs !!
Lorna has some blood work to be done at 1130, and I think we're going to try for haircuts .. the woman who does them is in the salon today, so, we'll see ..

Taking the family out for pizza Saturday evening .. they were going to come out here, but holy cow, all 4 of them are on their own schedules for the weekend. Cheerleading practice, music lessons, helping friends .. better all round the 3 of us go to them ..
Austin is in the 'thinking about it stages' of taking 'chanter' lessons which would lead to a position in one of the Pipe Bands .. nothing carved in stone yet, Austin is at that age where he thinks it 'looks good', but, he's not too sure about putting in all the work to get there.
Have several family members involved with the Pipe Bands here, and, my eldest brother was the Pipe Major for years, he loved it. We'll see ..

Best I get a mozy on ^_^

RABBIT, RABBIT, and, enjoy your day

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy, was a hard decision to make, usually I work (play) at home on Fridays but because I had yesterday off I felt guilty. Went to grocery store at 7am and decided to come in so it was rush/rush/rush as well..seeing as i want to go to Fabricland and Fabric shop so I have materials to finish projects thought I might as well seeing it was bright outside even though they are calling for sqalls..wow, talk about a beautiful rainbow in the sky.Stopped at Tim Hortons and my windows wouldn't open..frozen, -20

Brought a bag with christmas placemats that I've sewn binding on one side and now need to hand sew, that will keep me busy for most of the day...only have to work until 3pm.

Know the feeling of meeting up with family..difficult nowdays with kids being in their teens and snowmobiling, skiing,hocket etc. Like bringing United Nations together..lol

Enjoy your evening with the family

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

We had a warm sunny day today! With that yellow globe in the sky!
so, maybe that's why this song popped into my head?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIKsHh3BFPI

Am thinking the Ground Hog in Wiarton (Willie) didn't see his shadow, which would mean an early spring, and, with temps still sitting at -30C here, I can't believe it.

Nice to hear you have better temps Susan. We have had lots of SUN, just no warmth.

Hope your day at work went well Betty and you got your shopping done.

Took my 'pills' last night, have a rather 'wonkie bean' this morning.

Off to start laundry (be still my heart)

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

So both groundhogs are of the same mind, early spring! As you say "M" with today's temps it is hard to believe.

Easy day at work yesterday but a blizzard until I got closer to home, almost turned around and drove to Orillia but thought better of it.

Again was up at 4am, stayed up and did some sewing..sure need more fabrics and supplies so I can finish some of these projects..wasn't snowing, decided to go, came upstairs and snowing..hmmm

Go have a nap then and wear of the drugs. Lol

Moved us to this thread address ............

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1296575/

Hope it works!

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.