How is Your Weather Where You Are for the New Year

Saginaw, MI

SUN IS OUT now!! Warming up a little!! Hopefully will keep going!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Starting to melt , beginning to thaw , snow cover about gone , sun shining here also .40 degrees and rising , now if my cold would go away ... I would feel like dancing ,,,. !!!! ^_^

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Glad to hear ya'll are getting some warmer temps. It is probably in the lower 60s here today, but with heavy cloud cover and some wind- it feels cooler. Yesterday it was a beautiful day with sunshine and low 70s. I was hoping for that this afternoon because I wanted to get some things done outside ............. but by the time I get off, I will probably just stick to my inside list for tonight.

Hope ya'll all thaw out!
Genna

Saginaw, MI

NO NO NO!!!! DON'T WANT WHAT THEY SAY IS COMING OUR WAY!!! Supposed to start lightly tonight then steadily get worse by Friday morning--possible 9 to 10 inches! YUCK!!! Hasn't started yet. Told the boys to be prepared!! It will be off to to Grandma's with shovels in hand!!!

We have awarning also of snow. Usually I would welcome the moisture but I have a doctors appt. for a checkup in Nebraska on Monday---a 3 1/2 hour drive. My son who lives there warned of the same. It is hard to believe the change since it was 43 degrees today.

I have 4 good studded tires but If the weather will be too bad, I will cancel.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Casshigh and friends in GA, hope all is well with you. Heard of a terrible accident up there. For all our friends on the east coast, NYRita and company, brace yourselves for the snow that's coming your way this week end. we are getting a little rain/ freezing rain right now. Should turn to rain later (39°f) and turn to snow tonight. Not much in terms of inches expected.

Saginaw, MI

Very light snow early this morning--has stopped now--cold and slight breeze. We shall see what happens as the day goes on!!

Thumbnail by sbish5
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

You probably will get more than we will be getting Shirley. They say north of I69 will get the most.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

CIndy, on Christmas eve here is was 75 degrees. The next day a large portion of the state got 10" of snow!! My daughter in law was here for Christmas eve, and I kept saying, it is going to snow tomorrow. She said No way! :) Not only did it snow, it stuck to the roads, and everything. I was shocked it built up on the roads so quickly because it had been so warm - but I guess there was just so much of it - it cooled everything quickly!

Hope ya'll all stay safe! I surely wouldn't want to drive 3.5 hrs one way (I assume much longer in snowy conditions) in it!! I know on Christmas day it took us 2.5 hrs to drive what would have normally taken 45 minutes. Of course, no studded tires or chains here.......

I am curious? Do ya'll just leave the studded tires on all winter? or do they have to go off and on as you have snow/don't have snow? I have never had to deal with something like that of course!

gen,
here in the North we put on studded or winter tires on before winter is expected----November. Then come spring we take then off April or May. Otherwise the studs in the tires will wear down flat. I paid $500 for 4 studded tires 3 years ago. Figured my life is worth that. Trouble is mnay other drivers don't have them.

Often we have drivers from the warm climates that don't invest in winter tires and they will weave all over the road. They are not used to driving on those kind of roads. They are the ones that scare me. Wyoming is not flat. We have many hills which can be scary when it snows, of with black ice. Then, add the texting, and using the cell phone. Many close accidents from that.

Saginaw, MI

Just got back in and trying to start snowing out there :( Very light flakes !! Hoping it stays that way but something tells me it won't !

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

IT is sunny ^_^ and 45 here , rain for later ...You all keep the snow..

Saginaw, MI

AWWW, come on!! Ya sure you don't want to share some of this wonderful white stuff!!!! I am more than willing to share with you!! haha

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

We haven't used studded tires in years, because with front wheel drive now and anti-lock brakes you really don't need them where I am. If we lived farther north we probably would use them. Come to think of it, I think Michigan outlawed studded tires many years ago because they ruin the roads.

hemlady,
Some states outlawed them during late spring and through the summer so you have a time limit when you can use them. If I emember correctly, Massachusetts did way back when. Here no such thing and if they do, I will stop driving. There are too many idiots on the road without worrying about icy roads. I have seen drivers stop on green and go on red while talking on the cell. Many close calls. The there is alcohol.......

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well the wild and woolly West is still there!!!! These days the horses weigh more and run like hundreds!!!!! A YEA HAW !!!!!!

Saginaw, MI

Very WINDY & COLD this morning!! SNOW

Thumbnail by sbish5
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

The storm has begun. It is blowing snow like crazy but so far only about 2" here.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for that info. That is what I was wondering - was how you dealt with driving with them if there WASN'T ice and snow - thinking they would do road damage and also wear themselves off. Guess ya'll average enough of it that it makes sense to leave them on! Of course, we don't have those here - but the problem here is that when it snows everyone (well most everyone) slows down and takes it carefully, but once it has been on the roads a day or two - which here is usually more dangerous because of thaw and refreezing as ice - then they all drive fast on it because 'now they are experienced!" I do not have front wheel or 4 wheel drive on my suburban, so I do not like to drive in it at all. My husband drove home on Christmas day in the snow, and we just had to take it very slowly. Did do a little slipping but nothing dangerous. Years ago I had a front wheel drive nissan stanza and I went anywhere I wanted to go in bad weather. I just usually hitch a ride with someone else if the roads are bad. My husband has a front wheel drive beetle that he uses to commute to work - well, at least he did have. He hit a deer with it Monday night and now it looks like it will be totaled.

It sounds like this snowstorm is going to be massive in the NE. I pray everyone stays safe and stays warm!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It looks like we are really going to miss most of it here. It has stopped snowing and I think we only got about 2 inches.

Saginaw, MI

Snow has stopped here also, but we got a little more accumulation than you did!! Sun is out but still windy and cold out!! Of course some areas deeper than others where there are drifts, but on average this is what we have as of now!!

Thumbnail by sbish5
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I was wondering where Nutsfordaylily went ,hope their dong all right with storm Nemo ? Say say , !!?

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Boy I guess you did get more than us Shirley.

Expecting 6 to 10 " over the weekend. I had a dr, appointment in Nebraska on Monday. I cancelled since Nebraska has a blizzard warning with snow. I would hate to be on the Interstate in white out conditions. It is a 3-1/2 hour drive.

Promises promises, I will believe it when I see it. Reschedule just incase.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's a beautiful sunny day but really cold, 14 degrees.

Woke up to 1 ft or more of snow this morning and cloudy. I am staying put.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Overcast here with a high near 50 which will be around 4pm. We have had rain this morning and rain is in the forecast off and on for today thru early tomorrow morning.

Saginaw, MI

Sun is out but very deceiving--still pretty cold out there--but on the up side, snow has stopped and roads really aren't bad.

YUCK!! is all I can say Lilly!! Stay warm and avoid travels unless absolutely have to!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

haven't seen Karen post in a while! Hope she is ok ..... That storm really packed a punch in places!

glad to hear that most of you didn't get hit as hard as they thought.

We had lots of rain this morning, but this afternoon it was sunny and 68 degrees. Not sure what tomorrow is supposed to bring.

Genna

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50 here still that was and is today's high , rainy drizzle , some wind gusts pretty good once in a while.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Rain all night melted all the snow. Now it is very windy with wind advisories until l0pm.

Saginaw, MI

VERY WINDY , rain last night , light drizzle now, WET< SLUSHY< MESS out there right now!

Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Dark and gray here. We also have a wind advisory until 6pm.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope it is a blessed day for everyone! Caught the tail end of the weather last night and all I heard was how beautiful and warm it was going to be today....... had a THICK layer of frost this morning and it was 30 degrees! LOL.... but the sun is out and it is supposed to be in the 60s today. Supposed to be a little cooler tomorrow and Saturday - but sure hoping to get some outside work done this weekend!

Genna

Saginaw, MI

Looks like a "white" Valentines Day for us!!

Thumbnail by sbish5
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's not too cold here today, just really dreary looking out. I think we are supposed to get more snow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A mild February day . 49 sunny to cloudy ,

Had another 1" of snow by this morning. Not too cold and sun came out in the afternoon

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Light flurries this am. Some lake effect snow coming for IN and MI this weekend. They are talking about 4-8 inches. Heard something about possible big snow next Thursday for around here in Chicagoland.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Pretty calm out right now. Grey and dreary looking. Not sure is snow is predicted for us or not.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.