CLOSED: Let the Christmas Spirit Ring! REVEALS CON'T

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

yep, he made me a pipe and it works, too. just need to find something to smoke, lol.

Saginaw, MI

GM to everyone! Sounds like everyone had a very merry christmas with their families--I know we did!! Looks like pretty much everyone enjoyed their SS boxes also(yep, Linda , a couple still out there)!! It's nice to be a part of something spread out so far from state to state and be able to share some christmas fun with our on-line friends!! Well it's off to work for the day for me(only a few days left) so have a great day everyone. Shirley

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Sorry, internet has been out again, but we think we finally got it fixed. Yay!
Kris, I'm glad to hear you like everything :) Finding your items was quite a challenge (turns out not all Walmarts carry the same things)! So we went elsewhere, and then we found the mermaid... and we knew it was just what we were looking for :) And of course, I had to find you a little lamb... and he fit so nicely in the little stocking! :)
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Michelle

Michelle,, everything wad just perfect. Thank you so much to the effort to find me the perfect gifts. I had a very happy day thanks in part to you.!!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Loving all the prezzies. Just a reminder for those out enjoying all the post Christmas sales, remember to grab a little something for our Christmas in July swap, it will be here before we know it.

Joy

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Evening All!

That's a great idea, Joy. I haven't done any after-Christmas shopping but may see what's available tomorrow before picking up provisions for our New Year's Eve dinner, if you want to call it that. Traditionally we just have a platter of finger foods like olives, deli cold cuts, roasted red peppers, pate, several kinds of cheeses and a variety of crackers, dips and veggies. Might also crack open a nice bottle of wine that was a Christmas present.

We are patiently awaiting the arrival of the last two boxes of pressies. Really do hope they'll be delivered tomorrow since it's the last day of the year to receive mail. Thanks so much for your patience, Jayebird and Shirley! I knew yours would be delayed, Jaye, because of extenuating circumstances beyond the sender's control; and am hoping your buddy isn't sick or having computer problems, Shirley. Also Lanakila, when you have a chance, please show us the gifts you received from Emily.

If you're partying tomorrow night, be safe if you're going out.

Happy New Year's, everyone!
Michelle

Happy New Years!!!!!!!!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy New Year Kris!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Happy 2013!!

Susan aka Chachacha.. let my buddy know that her health should be her priority.
Good Lord has indeed made my Christmas a very merry one. So please tell her not to worry.

This message was edited Jan 1, 2013 1:53 AM

Saginaw, MI

Happy New Year to everyone--hope all had a safe and fun evening last night! I was all snuggled in nice and cozy in bed at midnight!! Boys were awake with hubby but as for me , I stayed put nice and warm!! Hope all is well with everyone and glad everyone enjoyed their SS boxes--even the ones that got out late after the dec. 10th deadline(mine being one of them!)-- even with all the best intentions , sometimes things just don't go as planned!! Plan on going through the few seeds i have to see what I should be getting going soon -- didn't start any indoors last year--waited till it was warm enough to start them outside and had much better survival rate but much less bloom rate as they didn't have time enough to mature to blossom stage because of being started so late!! AHHH, what to do this year, that's the BIG question!!!! Anyway, have a great day everyone. Shirley

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM & Happy New Year to all Looking forward to many more great swaps with you all this year
have a great day ev1.

The grandkids go home today, sure will be much quieter here. But I will miss them as they will not be back before spring break. But we had lots of fun so I am happy.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy year!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

We had rain,ice, and snow so after fighting my way home on the 31st, we snuggled on the couch with a blanket, pop corn, and watched netflix until 2am....rofl. Considering I got up that morning at 4:00 for work I was shocked...rofl.

Saginaw, MI

Good evening everyone, Just wanted to come on and show everyone the nice surprise I found waiting for me when I got home today!! Received a lovely box from my SS today containing 2 great smelling candles with two really cute candle holders--a 2013 "Simple Life" calendar and some great reading material--Country Wisdom Almanac(373 Tips, Crafts, Home Improvements, Recipes, and Homemade Remedies)--going to have to try to keep this one away from hubby(he was already flipping through it!). Thank You to Heather(Hartzell81) for the great SS box!! Hope all is going well for everyone!! Have a good evening. Shirley (oops-- forgot to mention a really cute Cracker Barrell ornament also).

This message was edited Jan 3, 2013 7:36 PM

Thumbnail by sbish5
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Such wonderful presents this year from sooo many great people...Happy New Year to all. And a special thanks to Fruity for hosting this year....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Nice, Shirley. That book looks really interesting.

OK, Heather, we never did see the Advent Wreath Patti made for you.

We're waiting on one more box to Jaye.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes. Thank you Fruity hosting.
Patti

Patti, If you took a photo of the Advent wreath you made for Heather, would you please post it? I'm sure we'd all like to see your handiwork!

Thank you so very much for hosting this swap. I really enjoyed it. It was so nice to get presents in the mail, especially the wonderful ones I received. When my bathroom is finished I will have to show pictures of the mermaid in her new home!!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

HI Fruiti,
I would love to share a picture of the Advent weath I made,but I took the picture with my phone . I am trying to send the picture to my email ,but no luck so far. I will have to get my daughter to help me. lol
Thanks,
Patti

GM sorry for being away Just couldn't be helpped .
Shirly who was your SS ? Very nice . I Love the almanac I go on line & read the almanac :)
Still just a bit under the weather here yet but i'm on the mend I Think .
Ya all have a great NEW YEAR This was a very nice swap once again thank you Kathy for all my great gifts you shared.
Love my GREENMAN :)

Susie, sorry to hear you have been sick! Hope your on the mend now!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Susan,
I finally figured out how to send my pictures from my phone to my email. Here is the advent wreath I made for Heather. I also send 5 candles which are not in pictured. I hope she is enjoying it.
Patti

Thumbnail by rose318
Saginaw, MI

Gorgeous wreath Patti!! Love it!!!

Patti, that is just stunning!

Pattie, that is beautiful!

(Zone 7a)

That is a very Lovely wreath! Did she ever post to say what she received?

Saginaw, MI

Good evening everyone, Susie hope you feel better real soon--not fun when you're "under the weather". And my SS partner that I received from was Hartzell81(Heather). Was looking through the book a little bit today and it has some interesting things in it. Was a lot of fun participating in the SS swap and interesting to see all the different things everyone got! Have a great evening everyone. Shirley

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you ladies . I really enjoyed making it.
Patti

I meant to ask about what size is it, Patti?

Just undecorated the outside today and hung a wreath up my SIL gave us for Christmas. Sure looks bare out there with the lights and other decorations packed away.
Will tackled the tree this week-end.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would say it was approx. 20 inches. I shipped it in a big Macy's box I got my dishes in. I also sent 5 purple tapered candles to match with a glass centerpiece. I sent a snowman too.
I wish now I took pictures with the candles in it. She said purple was her favorite color.

This message was edited Jan 4, 2013 9:28 PM

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Beautiful wreath. Unique. Being an advent wreath made it even better!
Ladies, This was a great and wonderful swap. Thanks for the hosting and the package, and the visiting.

This is always a great swap EXCEPT When We Sometimes Have SLEEPERS Who like to come sign up for the Goodies but Don't have time to Post What they RECEIVE & Its Not Fair to their Partners when they cannot find time to post but can go play games on face book. Sorry for sounding off Just got into it with one of my sisters . feel bad right now & Sorry for using you all as a sounding board.
forgive me all in all everyone Here are all GREAT People to KNOW Thank you For letting me help with this FRUITY Just sorry was under the weather for the last week or so .

ya all have a great eve

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hugs Susie.

While starting to undecorate our tree today, I fondly thought about so many of you who have given me ornaments over the years and carefully packed them to enjoy next year and years to come.

Thank you for co-hosting this year, Susie. You were a great help making this a true Secret Santa.

I believe the last box was mailed to you yesterday, Jaye, and apologize again to the few of you who received after Christmas. I'm at a loss for words for those who haven't posted a proper Thank You. If it helps, know how much I appreciate all of you who did, and the thoughtful gifts you sent.

Hi, all.
Shirley, that sounds like a neat box you received :)
Patti, sounds like you made a neat wreath. We have some talented people in this group! :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292560/

Come on over and sign up for the Valentine swap!

I want to thank Fruity for such a wonderful swap. I very much enjoyed getting my box and hope my buddy liked her box as much as I did.

I want to thank Susie for co-hosting for Fruity. It takes a lot of hard work to organize a swap this big.

I already started thinking of ideas for the next Christmas swap.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks a million Fruity, you are always the hostess with the mostess! Love ya girl and Susie thank you for all your help you have the co-hostess with the co-mostess. It's been great like always.

Sorry I hadn't got back to say that sooner, My brain went on vacation and left this poor old body in a different state (wish it had been a warm one). I read the posts every day or so and then draw a blank as to what to say.

Joy thank you again for everything, my grand daughter loved the soap and took one bar home with her. SIL ate most of the caramel along with DH and DD and my self almost finished the jar of pickles. She gave me orders to make alot of them this summer. The ornaments (heart and snowpeople) got wrapped in tissue paper and put in my special ornament box to be used for many years to come. Dang squirrels got the acorns though. lol

Alicia if you get a chance will you post pics please.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.