CLOSED: Let the Christmas Spirit Ring! REVEALS CON'T

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

In addition to cookbooks, do you enjoy using online sources or the Recipe Forum here on Dave's? A friend of mine uses Key Ingredient a lot.

Haven't checked the last few Delivery Confirmation numbers that were provided from you folks who were on my list but do know one of you received your goodies last Monday. I realize this is a super busy time for a lot of you, but please remember to check in when you can -- some of you we haven't heard from in a quite a while -- and please remember to give a proper Thank You to your Secret Santa as soon as you can after receiving your gifts.

How I wish we all lived closed and could exchange gifts in person. That would just be an awesome experience!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Shirley! The lost box has arrived!! And it is wonderful! I am so pleased!
here's the list:
5 chocolate bars, dark, milk, milk w/caramel, dark w/raspberry milk w/almonds
stocking filled w/peppermint

lavender scented :
handsoap
body wash
air freshener crystal beads
reed diffuser
epsom salts bath
bath salts
bath soap

purple bath sponge
5 birds and blooms mags (I love the colorful pics and they are great for decoupage)
and a red bird card!

Shirley took careful note of my likes page and I do LOVE lavender scents. Also chocolates of all persuasions. This was a great box and I am so happy with it. Husband was inquiring about the chocolate so I opened the dark and gave him (small) piece of it. Daughter is here and she said she would like to get a box like this one! I know it was so worrisome what was going on with my box , but it made it safe and sound. You would not know he had been anywhere but straight here. It was NOT beat up at all.

You done good, Shirley!!!

Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal
Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Waving hello... Still stopping by when my internet lets me... Just don't always get to reply before it goes out again. Glad my package for Kris made it safe and sound. Merry Christmas, Elfie! :) Pretty sneaky of Ralph to hide that box for Christmas :)
Michelle

Saginaw, MI

Good morning everyone, Susie glad to hear your surprise ty box arrived safe and sound! Crystal , glad to know that your box arrived safely and only one day late--mailed package to daughter out of state and has been in postal system for over a week and she has not yet seen it:( So thought , oh boy, here we go again when yours didn't show up on tracking system! But anyway glad you got it safe and sound and hope you enjoyed everything--what gardener can't use great smelling epsom salts to soak the weary feet after a long , hard day of gardening????? It works wonders !!! Thought you might enjoy the mags to check out and then pass along to someone else you know when you are done-- never even thought about using the beautiful pics for decoupage---great idea!!!! Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! It's out the door and off to work for me--need a little extra time-- roads kind of icy and have to go through open field areas where blowing is awful!! Have a great day everyone. Shirley

(Zone 7a)

OOoooo Ahhhhh very nice box. Love Lavender too!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Awesome gifts everyone.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Indeed... such great gifts and so many original ideas too!

Fruit..Chachacha, no worries here. Mail is atrociously unpredictable during the holidays.
I'm not inclined to follow my own advice, for once I had mailed out a box (for another swap) without delivery confirmation, on the 7th of Dec.. and the intended party still hasn't got it. As that person is very honest and it's my fault, I'll just send her another, with purchase of DC next time.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

So glad my post delivery person has 4 wheel drive because she drove thru the fields to deliver my package to me today....
Oh yeah did I tell you I have snow drifts that are 4 and 5 feet tall...rofl, you have to drive thru the field to get to my house....rofl

I got a very nice card from Alicia, ahoogstra, did you make it? It is really really nice.
Then got a can of tastefully simple butterscotch kisses cocoa mix and a can of malted cocoa mix, I have had tastefully simply products before and they make really good stuff. I will sit down tonight snuggled and make a cup ( or two!) ...since the temps here are dropping like a rock!
Then a beautiful book mark that is really nice and will be put to good use.
Then a really nice set of note cards and envelopes in their own container, the set is in black and white which I know sounds crazy but is my favorite color. Which also looks hand crafted. They are just beautiful. Only problem with beautiful note cards is I hate to use them....rofl....
Then I got a really nice ornament which I know I keep saying beautiful but it is...rofl.
Also a handcrafted fun box with a really cute elf and inside the box are handcrafted ornaments made from polymer clay I think, there is a stoccking, house, and holly all done in green, red, and white.
Wait there is more!
I have a bottle of coconut mango fragrance mist, coconut mango body lotion, and then a bottle of berry twinkle anti-bacterial hand soap all from Bath & Body Works so you know they smell wonderful!
Also a reusable groccery tote that is shaped like a Santa hat and small enough to stick in your purse but expands enough to fit some groceries in. Which will work great for me since I always forget to take the others in the store.
The last but not least.... a handcrafted
What a great box and thank you so much....

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

happ and Crystal, you two are going to be smelling sooo good while enjoying your chocolate and other goodies.
That ornament is simply beautiful.

Hi, all.
Have internet again today :)
The boxes everyone has gotten do sound really neat! It's fun to see everyone's creativity :)
Michelle

Mount Pleasant, PA(Zone 6a)

Just checking in. I received a great big box on my porch yesterday! I will post pictures tomorrow!

Excellent Heather. You have no idea how your Santa has worried whether it would get there in time, and it was mailed with plenty of time to spare. Can't wait for pics.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Amen to that. LOL

Hi, all.
This Sunday began the fourth week of Advent. The purple (or blue) candle represents the magi.
Michelle

This message was edited Dec 23, 2012 10:45 PM

Thumbnail by GardenQuail
(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Fleece Navidad everyone!

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Joy Cute pic :) Very cold & Frosty morning but no snow yet & That is ok with me . Just a few finishing touches for santa so you all have a save & MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE

Oh Joy that pic just has to make you smile!

Stockings are hung, packages wrapped, and now waiting on Santa...rofl.
Hope you all have a very Merry Holiday and only 7 more days we can start out a New Year.

Just finished wrapping the kids presents. It is all clothes that we bought much earlier this year. But at least they have presents. We are having ham, broccoli,mashed potatoes, rolls, devised eggs, and no sugar cherry tarts. I ran out of boxes and tape so I just used uses boxes. I am going to have Goober paint them tonight...LOL....

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Love that 'Fleece Navidad'. Around here we say 'Fleas Naughty Dog, Fleas Naughty Dog, on the bottom of your Butt'.

We had our Christmas yesterday so the kids could go do their thing today and tomorrow. I can't wait for the batteries to get charged for the camera, I want to show you all what my new SIL made for me. It is fantastic.

Thumbnail by Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas everyone.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EV1 Just wanted to wish ev1 a Fun Happy day going over soon to watch the kids open gifts & Have dinner then back here filled with a VERY MUCH Needed RELAXING Day :)))

also I Called & left message for alicia & her DD Said she received her box & I hope she will find time to come let us know what all she rec'd . ty all for sharing We do have some very Special ELFS .

MERRY CHRISTMAS To ALL

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Peace to all

And it was a very Merry Christmas for me this morning!! I received a very beautiful mermaid, a hand made ornament, a lovely card and not but not least my very own miniature lamb!! I will be making a miniature garden featuring this little beauty.

Thanks so very much Michelle. I love it all.

Darn,, picture did not load. Will try again from the library tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all.

Trying again

Thumbnail by
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Joy..toooo cute, had to enlarge the pix...almost missed that live critter in there...lol!

Got my box of presents yesterday, opened last night at family get to gether. Oh thankyou soo much Paula. I just love the handmade ornaments, 4 crocheted angels!! Just beautiful! A wonderful Garden Gnome who I will have many conversations with in the next few months as I do my seeding this winter, lol. And two bags of candy, Bailey's and Kahlua filled chocolates. Yummmm!!! Kahlua just happens to be one of my favorites! I may just have to get the bottle out of the cupboard and have some with my chocolates...lol.

Just have to share this with all of you, got out of one of the books I had sent to dj for Christmas.
"No gift is as beautiful as a flower. In their colors, scents, and shapes, flowers are as various as the moods of the human heart. These are the reasons why flowers are so often the messengers through which emotions, wishes, and thoughts are expressed.
The flowers are all arounds, waiting to speak." From the book: 'The Language of Flowers' edited by Gregory C. Aaron.

Merry Cristmas, and wishing all a bountiful year of flowers to come.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Very pretty angels, and love the pot on his head gnome!!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmaseveryone.

Cutlerville, MI

Thank you Robin for my Merry Christmas box! I love it. Cute little Christmas pillows, sock snowmen ornamets a beautifu Angel Bell, and Cherries! YUMMOOOO!

Have a VERY MERRY Christmas everyone!

Cutlerville, MI

Merry Christmas Everyone! Blessings to you all!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Watched movies while the roast and veggies cooked, went through old photos and worked on my Ancestry tree a bit more. Amazing info to share and discover if you've never tried it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Fruity I didn't know you were doing geneolgy I have been doing it for about 12 years now. I enjoy researching but there is a lot of bad information out on the Internet. I have taken several classes and have come to the conclusion that for me I need 3 pieces of documentation before I accept anything as fact. Besides the documentation is the fun stuff.

Wow, that's a long time. How do you keep your family tree, on Ancestry or where? This is going on my second year and agree authenticating documentation is the way to go. When in doubt, I just skip a record. To get started, I relied on my Mom's and an Aunt's handwritten notes that are mainly names, birth dates, and a few death dates. There were other clues written in our family Bible. One wrong name or spelling during a search can throw the whole thing off kilter and am learning the Census records, among others, are not always correct. Had a heart-stopping moment today though when I found a 1960's photo of my Mom and Dad that I'd never seen, along with two of my paternal Grandfather and his brothers, all posted in a public gallery. Totally made my day!

Hi, all.
Today, Christmas day, culminates the celebration of Advent. The red candle represents the Savior.
Merry Christmas!
Michelle

Thumbnail by GardenQuail

ALICIA Good to see ya post Know ya been busy but hope you can find time to post a Picture for us to see what you rec'd.

I Got a CD Classic Movie of Ma & Pa Kettle from years ago from my Neighbors & Let me tell ya Took me back to the good ole days of Black & White Tv When Shows were funny ,Cute , & Loving . No shooting Up , with GUNs Or DRUGS This was the best movie i seen in years with fred mcmurray,claudett colburt, so many good Stars If you want some Nastalga (MS) In your day this is so good :)

well off to take care of my 'MOLLY" Duck then get ready for the Snow storm :) ya all have a great day .

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Susan,
Thank you for allowing me to join this year Christmas swap. I really enjoyed making items for Heather. Looking forward to next year .
I hope everyone has a happy and safe New year.
Patti

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! Love all the pressies coming in! Looks like a few are still in route? Can't wait to see what you all get.

Michelle,, just want to let you know how much I love everything you made and picked out for me!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Ma and Pa Kettle, wow I haven't heard that in a very long time. We used to watch them on Saturdays, can't remember if it was at the movies or on the big black and white tv. I should say the big wood box with the little tiny screen. lol old age sucks sometimes.

Alicia, glad you got everything, hope the bell made it in one piece.

Here is the special present I got from the kids, sil made it from scratch and dd decorated it.

Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest Thumbnail by Robynznest
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Is that a pipe? Wow, that is beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.