What is your favorite hot beverage?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 116 votes:

Coffee! (any particular roast or blend?)
(70 votes, 60%)
Red dot

Tea. (Earl Grey, green tea?)
(17 votes, 14%)
Red dot

Hot cocoa (nothing is better than chocolate!)
(10 votes, 8%)
Red dot

Herbal teas (tell us!)
(5 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Other (Tell us!)
(11 votes, 9%)
Red dot

I don't drink hot beverages.
(3 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Home-made cocoa made by adding powdered unsweetened cocoa to hot milk and sugar and maybe spices. Yummy!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Whatever they give me at the coffee shop, called hot cocoa.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

CDM coffee and chickory when I'm home in New Orleans. Otherwise, Folgers Columbian at home...hot milk and sugar... best with a thick slice of REAL, crispy, French bread, slathered with butter, and dipped into my coffee (it's a New Orleans thing...gotta be there to understand it...)

Cafe au lait....

Linda

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hot tea sometimes but usually iced tea. Love the smell of coffee but hate the taste. I can drink iced tea straight but prefer some sugar.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Love coffee but can no longer tolerate fully caffeinated. These days, it's all about "lite" coffee and to change things up, there are many good flavored creamers. Have always loved plain hot tea with a little sugar. My mother and grandmother always served it with milk. Iced tea is my favorite summer drink.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Im a Louisiana transplant to Texas so Ive been drinking coffee since I could use a cup. I dont drink milk in it anymore like when I was a child but I still need a spoon of cane sugar. I have trouble eating any type of sweet, cake, pie etc without coffee. Ive had ADD since long before they knew what to call it and if it were not for that coffee to focus me, I probably would have forgotten and lost a lot more things than I did!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Hibiscus tea is my all time favorite. But I also like Orange and Spice and Rose Hips herbal tee.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Mint tea, iced or hot; in a pinch most any herb tea will do except chamomile. My system can't tolerate caffeine, so regular tea is out of the question and I detest the taste of coffee.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Hot green tea with stevia sweetner.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Indy: I'm drinking hot green tea with stevia right now! But my favorite is coffee!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Coffee is the answer here. I enjoy a specialty brand from Kauai Island in Hawaii when I can get it. Otherwise, Wegman's French Roast is better than most and available locally. International Creamers are great also.

Ya'll notice how that red coffee line zoomed out there all of a sudden?

Our caffeine hadn't kicked in yet !!! LOL!

^^_^^^^_^^^^_^^^^_^^ (coffee drinkers UNITED!!)

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Coffee with chocolate milk in it. Mmmmm! Is there a name for that? Cafe mocha?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I have to carefully titrate my caffeine level to coordinate with whatever medications I'm on, but I certainly include modifying that cocoa with a healthy slosh of coffee! Even more yummy......

Moreno Valley, CA

Vanilla Almond black tea (from Republic of Tea) with two spoons of sugar and a healthy slosh of half-&-half. It's definitely dessert for breakfast!

So -- just to set the record straight, I think we should separate the coffee purists from the adulterators.

So... Straight or Flavored coffee? Or, both ?

I simply cannot tolerate flavored coffee first thing in the morning. I can sometimes do flavors after dinner, but, if there's a sweet dessert, gotta go with unflavored coffee.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Most definitely coffee: 18/7 spring, summer, fall and winter.the other 6 hours I'm sleeping but if the eyes are open a pot is on............

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Usually Folgers with Creme Brulee and Splenda or Equal. Wish I could get used to Stevia... I'm trying.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

ALWAYS Folgers, black and hot.............. no sweeteners either.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Tea…any and all,unsweetened, or as they call it down here…Northern Tea! LOL!

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hot sassafras tea. I grew up on the stuff and still love to did out roots and make tea in the springtime.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Hot coffee every morning, hot tea during the day in cold weather, ditto hot chocolate. {;^)

Hebron, KY

I usually drink unsweetened ice tea every day, year round, but when I drink something hot, it's coffee.

Hebron, KY

Quote from tlm1 :
Tea…any and all,unsweetened, or as they call it down here…Northern Tea! LOL!

LOL!

DH and I know southerns love their sweet tea and extra sweet iced tea. Didn't know that unsweetened tea was known that in the South! LOL! WHY do southerners love tea that's sweet?!

I've always been drinking tea unsweetened, the whole time I've been drinking tea (hot and/or cold). Love it that way!

This message was edited Dec 19, 2012 5:25 AM

South Hamilton, MA

I prefer cocoa, but also drink tea. Prefer Earl Grey. I order ice tea in restraunts. Can not stand the taste of coffee, not even coffee ice cream. DH is a coffee drinker.

Coffee coffee and more coffee plain and most flavored except chocolate. No sugar or cream needed to satisfy my taste. Have been drinking coffee for many years at least a couple of cups a day. I do like chocolate but not in my coffee. My DH and I have gone thru many a coffee maker over the years that is how much we love our coffee.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Once was coffee- but hot tea these days- English or Orange Chai, bigelow Plantation mint, to start with. Coffee is a bean and it increases ullric acids- in 2days i cant move in drinkin cofee.. Tea is a leaf which is an antioxident, does not affect the gout Nearly so bad! Chocolate is good, just gine tok quick and cools too quick.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I had to go 'other' this time of year -- hot toddy. Love Tom & Jerry's, not too sweet. Fond memories of those as a child (without the alcohol of course). Hot mulled wine is also tasty, I make it with half red wine and half apple cider. Hot buttered rum is a bit rich but I'll likely have a cup or two this season.

Minden, LA

Coffee. My favorite ice-cream is coffee. There's a coffee flavored hard candy that's really good, too. I'm a Louisiana native and love my iced tea but would love to have a cup of my sweet South Dakota MIL's hot tea right now.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I voted coffee, but I do love tea also and drink it unsweetened (hot or cold). And yes, I am from the south. Born and bred. I don't know why most folks like it sweet, but I learned at a very early age that it wasn't my 'cup of tea' to add sugar. I didn't learn to like coffee until I was older. I guess it was sort of 'forbidden' until one was an adult, back in the day.

I started drinking coffee when I was six...

My Grandmother had a little white breakfast bowl...deep...

She'd fill it almost 2/3 full with hot milk, sweeten that with sugar, then pour in enough hot coffee to give it a lite, mocha chocolate color (think Lady Marmalade...). Then, she'd slather butter over a thick slice of the hot French Bread that the bread man left on our porch every morning, and float it in the bowl of coffee.

And, hand me a spoon...

Yep... I was six... and, I remember!

Linda

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

I make my beverage like: 2 teaspoons of freshly squizeed ginger root juce, half of lemon juce and 3 teaspoons of honey per 7.8 oz. cup of hot water. That's great !

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Any espresso or dark roast, I was especially spoiled when we visited Austria and Italy, my friends found the coffee too strong but I loved it! Ric

When I went to Africa, we flew Air Afrique' out of New York. From the time I boarded the plane, until the time I returned to America, I thought I had died and gone to coffee heaven!

Serving coffee with the milk HEATED is the standard over there!

Black, dark roast, milk hot, sweet, wow! The coffee, and all the fresh pineapples, mangos, and hot crescent rolls we wanted daily almost convinced me to stay...

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

I voted tea since it's what I drink the most. My favorites have to be Organic Red Apple and Organic Tulsi after that any and all. I do have to add sugar to it. No cream or milk for me on the tea. I will drink coffee as well but lattes (cafe con leche to dip cuban bread toast in it...YUM), machiattos and mochas. Can't have straight espresso it's way too strong and then regular coffee with cream and sugar.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I only drink coffee as a morning habit which serves to procrastinate starting my day... I've given it up on several occasions for different reasons and find I neither miss it nor go through withdrawals. I'm not particular about the brand as I usually add 'coffee sweeties' (flavored cream or cream liquor). That said, I do have a fondness for Batdorf & Bronson beans which I find smooth enough to drink black.

Tea...I keep trying it but usually leave about a half cup to grow cold.

Hot water...I also tried hot lemon water as a coffee alternative but it didn't take either.

Shrug.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Linda, Im so jealous! You went to Africa? And that coffee sounds divine, very much like Louisiana coffee but that should not surprise us, I guess, so many people from Africa were a part of our culinary heritage in Louisiana along with the French and Spanish.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Linda, that coffee sounds wonderful. I remember going to Switzerland and they also served coffee that way. Even though I don't normally drink my coffee with milk or cream, it was a treat to have hot milk and I drank it every day.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

There's nuthin' like CDM coffee from N'Awlins! (I was bawn deah)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.