DECEMBER 2012 in your neck of the woods

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Glaide has come by to tea when I was out of work and really "down", but then she wanted crackers which I didn't have. She wanted them for the next time she came over for tea because she comes from work and hadn't had supper....... She's a lovely person to be the only one who actually visited me when I was "down", but she also is wanting to be waited on hand & foot..... so I'm torn about her.
She brought a candle holder for us, and earrings for me (had to put them on, so she wouldn't have hurt feelings), for Christmas, but forgot the one thing we actually asked for - mandarin oranges. When people ask "what can I bring", you'd think they'd remember that little item.
I certainly did not expect presents.... our dinner was our present to our friends...

Anyway - enough about Glaide - she's coming over tonight (with mandarins lol), so my house had better be presentable, or she'll run her eyes over everything....... She comments without saying a word... and I name my dust bunnies LOL

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

arrrrrrrrgh - leaving in 40 minutes to pick Bob up from work, and Glaide just called to say she wants to drop by in 15 minutes. I told her I was going to be leaving soon to pick Bob up and she asked if I could give her 15 minutes. When I told her 2:50 I was leaving she said "oh you've got loads of time, I'll finish my vacuuming, and see you in 30 minutes and we can have a visit!!"
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!! How much of a visit can we have in 10 minutes?!?! "drop your vacuuming, and come NOW if you have to" is what I Should have said. Feel like leaving early and doing some grocery shopping...... but it's laundry day and I'm doing that stuff............

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Susan - she sounds like she'll take advantage of you big time. Be careful. But if it makes her happy to find dust bunnies, why not let her - or hand her a swiffer cloth and invite her to go catch them.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LOL Ann.......
She came by for a visit, but knew that I couldn't visit, cuz I was heading out to pick Bob up from work.
She brought a part box of mandarins (love 'em!) a brick of cheddar cheese, and a box of Triscuit crackers (we love 'em too!), plus a box of Queen Anne chocolate cherries! She's got a good heart, and is generous, I just don't think she "hears" how she says things. Oh, and she chided me for not calling her often, in two years worth of her asking me to....... she said "I guess you're just not a phoner". Funny thing is, I am...... She's leaving it to me to call her in the New Year.
We've invited her to join us for New Year's Eve at the community center's "do", so she will, for 1/2 hr & a drink. She's going out for the evening with a male friend.
Anyway, she was here for 10 minutes - not enough for a visit - standing and chatting in our porch. I was able to leave in good enough time to pick Bob up, and was actually early!
Like I said - she has a good heart, but just doesn't realize how she affects some people. She's a strong willed person, used to living on her own.......
ah well, to each their own, eh?!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Vive la difference they say .. takes all kinds to make our world go around ^_^
Susan, as you say, Glaide has a good heart .. strong willed people tend to make me nervous though, as I am not that way in the least .. tend to walk all over me ..

Took the 'drug' last night, so far, no bad side effects, have to make it through today .. apparently a 'fatigue' will set in (or not) .. just happy the gastric stuff (which I had none of) went by me ...

LAST SATURDAY of the year .. make it a great one :-)

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Marilyn - so hope you're not feeling the side effects! yaaaaay for no gastric stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got home from driving Bob to work, now on here, and watching "Pitching In" with chef Lynn - what a cool lady! She's harvesting and cooking mussels & clams....... and seaweed!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

Overcast but still nice..thinking of taken a ride to a little fabric shop, looking for a few patterns but am quite comfortable just sitting!! Helped Darlene to set up to make a tie blanket with fabric she bought the other day..quick project, likely she will have it done in a few hours, rests in between.

Know you are suppose to unwind but I've come to a dead stop. Lol

"M" I'm so happy that you aren't experiencing bad side effects..yep, won't be long we'll be 2013 looking forward to spring..

Understand from home that they have had more snow..sure hoping the storms brewing will be done by the time we leave for home next week.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Glad to hear you're relaxing, Betty! btw - I didn't see your answer about whether or not you helped Dottie move....... ?!?!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Somewhere I posted that her daughter and grandaughter came to help and ours was not needed!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh, you said they Might not need your help, but that you were gong to check...... I'm so glad that they didn't need your help, and were self-sufficient.

HAPPY SUNDAY !!

WAHOO .. NO side effects except a very minor tummy upset (lasted about an hour), and, a little fatigue, likely caused by not sleeping as I was worried I was going to have a side effect LoL
Have to take the drug every Friday for several months .. so .. am going to make Saturdays my FREE day ..

Hope you're enjoying the sun and warm weather Betty .. hate to ask this, but, when is your return trip?
Temps here have risen a bit .. it tried to snow yesterday, lets just say we got a skiff ..

Off to town today to get some movies, have decided to look into attaining a PVR unit .. apparently these units allow you to fast forward through commercials when you are watching a program .. you rent them from Shaw (or Bell)
We were watching a program last evening, and, there were TWELVE commercials on at each break .. very frustrating to say the least.

Take care everyone

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

Can hear in your post the excitement of not being as I'll as they warn you taking these meds, hurrah/hurrah!

I will likely leave here next Thursday or Friday, all contingent on weather in the north..

It's 47 here this early am, high today in the 60's then goes back to the 80's

While its a cool day we are going out for breakfast at IHOP, flea market, kohls and hoping to include a stop at fabric shop..better part of a day!

Took my saphire sewing machine out of the box, need to try it before heading home to make sure there are no problems with it..new (to me) product on the market, kind of a plastic you put on fabric to make it waterproof and great for the beach so if we go to fabric shop I wand a few meters of fabric to make Darlene a beach bag, good way to test the machine..few different options on the machine I'll have to get used to, sewing foot goes down the minute you hit foot peddle, Am sure I will keep looking to use my hand.

That about it for my day.

Happy movie watching "M"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Need to take out my sewing machine and finish the pj's that I started 4 years ago. I actually threw a pair away today as they were coming apart next to the seams. The waist band has been full of holes for awhile but I've been saying "just a bit longer" ...

Check out this video my sister posted on FB. She and my BIL are friends of the couple involved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-1w48qPF5hc

Oh my gosh !! What a neat looking 'vehicle'. We used to have a 'hand me down' Radio Flyer wagon .. painted with Tremclad MANY times, and, not just RED .. there was some Yellow chips visible too ..

Hope the sewing machine is all you hoped for Betty .. I gave Brooklyn a beach bag lined with plastic for Xmas, for the family trip south in Feb. She was so happy to get it, thinks it'll be great for damp towels and bathing suits ..

Kind of a laid back day here .. went into the city to get a couple of DVDs .. I am SO frustrated with the number, and VOLUME of the ads when watching a program ..
Last evening there were FOURTEEN commercials on in between show episodes .. I now know why I watch little TV
My son keeps wanting us to get a PVR .. and tape shows and watch them later with no commercials. Well .. the ONLY show I am 'faithful' to, and that's a loose faithful, is Coronation St., and, if you miss it for one or two days, well, no big deal.

Just realized there's about 30 hours left in 2012 ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

ViolaAnn, loved watching how they turned h dad's old vehicle into a wagon..talk about creative! Just think of all the memories that come to mind when peoplet see the red flyer !

"m" agree with your,too many commercials

Not sure what I shall get into today..calling for 80's but doesn't feel like its possible this morning..yikes, if I'm chilled this morning what on earth will I do when I get home. Lol

Enjoy your day and violaAnn, get that sewing machine out. Lol

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Betty, I DID get the sewing machine out and finished one pair of pj's so I could wear them. I have one other older pair in almost the same condition as the pair I discarded. Have one more pair nearly done in the basement except that I hadn't sewn in the sleeves yet and I can't find them. I DO have extra fabric, so will be OK if I have to cut new ones. The other pair won't get sewn until after my open house next weekend though. We have grandtwins tonight, bells on Thursday (thought if we could get one rehearsal in we'd have one in the bag in case we have to cancel because of weather). Friday, weather permitting, a party up the Valley and our open house on Saturday.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Good for you ViolaAnn, hubby will think he has married a p.j. Model once you finish the other set..nothing more relaxing and comfy than putting on new Jammie's. As always, I envy you your social calendar..busy/busy lady..now let's hope the weather cooperates.

WEATHER !!!!!!! The bane of man, woman and BEAST .. it's -26C here !!
I am staying INSIDE .. feel bad the poor dogs HAVE to go out every so often ..
Have ordered Chinese Food for later, and, it's a toss up whether I'll be able to stay up til midnight .. I'll try though ..

ViAnn .. good you were able to make new jammies .. something about sewing and me just doesn't compute ^_^
Wish it did, I tend to WANT to sew every so often ..I'll stick to mending and button replacing I guess.

I think I remember 'coolish' mornings even when we were in the Keys Betty, mind you, by 11am it was warmed up ..

Have only about 40 pages left in my book, think I'll go and finish it, almost don't want to .. it was a very good read .. and, quick :-)

Enjoy your day

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ah - the vaunted PVR - I LOVE IT!!
Even if you don't record and play back later, you can still pause the live shows and then fast forward through the commercials, cuz it's no longer "live"! And if you pause it too long (into the show) you can rewind and then watch it, commercial free!! Bob & I switched to Telus mid-October, and are fully enjoying the PVR they gave us to sign up......and they gave us a free laptop to boot! Bob's using that one, and I have the older one given to me by a friend in the spring.
Life is good!!
It's +1C right now, and should get a bit warmer..... feeling bad for Manitoba/Ontario though - you're having such bad cold & snow right now!!!

Thought perhaps a NEW YEAR deserves a new thread ^-^

Happy New Year everyone !!

~M~

We are moving here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292424/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.