December Weather Christmas season already ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I'm sorry but tonight is new moon, not full moon.
20º at 5 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

GRANDMA read it to me, OH well .. Does this mean I get to be a youngster giggling because my elder told me wrong!!^_^
I think a large print calender would solve that better, but as you all might remember from those days ,,,everything you hear and are told is real and correct , and these days everything you read on the internet is absolute!! uh huh ,yeah right lol....

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Chilly but not cold with temps in the low 50s and blustery. Rain on way tomorrow.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

12º this morning. My car is warming for the trip to the coffee shop.

We need your Christmas Trees. Go here;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1290910/

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

42 SUNNY am on my way to lunch..

Near 60 for high, windy and cloudy. Rain moving in.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

IT was really nice in the 50's today and sunny

My sister's youngster asked ""MOM if the world is going to end on Dec, 21 2012
How come everyone is advertising for 2013?

I thought maybe some of you might enjoy that...

Mountain View, HI

A little less rain, a bit more sun but still breezy. Stayed in the mid sixties today.

Strange how these folks that believe the world will end Dec 21st still keep making their mortgage payments.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Is the world going to end again? I hadn't heard that. ☺

After a whole week of clouds and some good downpours the sun finally came back yesterday. High 80, low 60, and SUN!

Some December blooms around my garden.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

SIGH Blooms in December How Sweet It Is!!!!!

58 and sunny for a high here today..

Thick fog all day. If we reached 40 I'll be suprised.

Sad thing is I was out shopping for Christmas and saw more people driving without their headlights on than with. Too dangerous in soupy fog.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Weather here has been warm, just gorgeous! It did rain Sun, which we really needed and was sincerely appreciated.

We have a cold front coming in, and it is supposed to be 32 Fri morning. I will need to cover all of the plumies again
Thurs night....then it will warm back up again.

This weather is crazy!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

26º. Snow south of us, not coming this way.
Christmas only 7 days away.

Some of that snow is coming here. Wheeeeeeee!!!!!! LOL!!! Rain tomorrow afternoon, then turns into snow and we will have strong winds with it. Only expecting 1-3 inches here where I'm at so far but if it shifts we will either get less or alot more. I'm hoping for more!! LOL

Today was sunny, breezy and temps reached mid 50s. Not too bad but I want my snow. lol

Raining, then will turn into snow overnight. Under winter weather advisory but just 2 counties north it's winter storm warning and right above them all the way into Iowa and beyond is Blizzard warning. Winds have been stiff today and bitter but temps have been in the 40s.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A real cold 46 a while ago here, today was back to rainy and gray . Raining off and on still... Snow? well maybe...
It is windy here also ,gets cold,, real fast standing in that...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

19 º here. About 1" of snow overnight.
NW wind is picking up.
Not far east & south of here is full blown blizzard. Schools closed in all of SE Minnesota, including Rochester.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

IT IS RAINING HERE LIGHTLY NOW' with the sun shining , 51 now with 57 expected for a high. Suppose to drop to 20 in a few hours tonight with 1 or 2 inches of snow ,30 for a high tomorrow.
Lot of difference there!!!

I have been watching the news and looking at the long range weather forecasts ,Weather is doing as well it can trying to give everyone a white Christmas.

Says your expecting drier than normal conditions CG only colder? You talked about about that earlier. Suppose to be about normal here .
What fascinated me was the extreme wet conditions forecast for the upper plains states area . That place has been dry bone gulch since the red river floods ?
Says normal for the states south of here also, wondering though ,do any of you here remember when" weather "was normal?
That or record breaking temps have become the new normal...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

25 car pile up on I-80 in Iowa. They closed I-35 at Minnesota border going into Iowa.
Windy here, not much snow so it's just hard to see, not a white out.

10º now, going for 0º

We had a high of around 28 today but this morning we were in the teens. Whiteout conditions everywhere, ice under the snow and wrecks everywhere. I managed to get to work no problem this morning but alot of my coworkers couldn't get out. Winds have now died down some so we can see but roads are still in bad shape in spots so school will probably be cancelled again tomorrow. We got 1-2 inches here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A few hours later it is 33 snowing like crazy, and windy 27 with gusts.. that wind is COLD !!

Cold and strong!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well some snow about 20 degrees today 12 TO 14 For tonight winter solstice; Happy first day of winter

Did i get it right?
Or should would make moon jokes?
I see the Jello pudding sacrifice must of worked, were all still here,, lol Thought for sure it would end yesterday !! moon crashing in to the earth , sky falling down. sun exploding ... you know ... darn it would of been fun lol?!!!

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Mountain View, HI

Freezing rain on Mauna Kea yesterday. At 2200ft we had heavy showers and gusty trade winds. Streams are flowing after being dry for a few months. The flow stops if we don't get rain for 12 hours. Has not gone above 68f for a couple of days. Better today with some sun. Should be nice over the weekend but showers and wind could return next week. Maybe some snow on Mauna Kea. Ground does not dry out so yard work is difficult.

Roads are better today, highs close to 40 with sunshine. My road and driveway are still covered in ice but I live on gravel so it's expected. lol. I think I will end up with my white Christmas since the snow hasn't melted yet. I just want more snow!! LOL

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

COLD! It was almost freezing this morning! I covered the plants last night and will leave them covered until tomorrow and then it will warm up, then be chilly Wed again.

It's not a wonder so many are suffering from the sniffles with this crazy up down weather!!!!

It warmed up this afternoon and was beautiful.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Highs in the low to mid 40s and sunny. Warm enough to do some melting!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cold, sunny 37 here now ,,

Cold now, 28. Starting tomorrow our temps drop big time. Several days this week our high won't leave the teens and our lows will be single digits.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

14º
Supposed to get colder as day goes on, oh well December is nearly over, only 70 days of winter left!

Enjoying a bowl of strawberries out of the freezer, picked October 1.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

FOGGY, RAINY ,Snow ,Sleet, 36degrees a snowstorm warning tomorrow and wed , Merry Christmas folks , we might have a white one!! 2 to 5 or 5..to 9 inches . hmmm

Mountain View, HI

Grey skies, light misty rain with occasional moderate showers, very little wind, cool 68f max. Might get a light snow shower on the summit of Mauna Kea. Forecast for the same tomorrow. Return to damp trade wind weather later in the week.

Mele Kelikimaka everyone.

Bitterly cold and a few flakes formed today. Only 19 or so right now.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

That ain't bitter, try -2º we are at now.

Merry Christmas to all!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am home now from the family Christmas dinner , nice to see everyone! Storm warning has changed! to a Blizzard warning , had a feeling it was going to do that. 31 now with a mild cold wind.. After 1 am or so it is suppose start . 12 or more inches of snow predicted with 40 mph + winds.. This is when winter weather gets interesting?
More colder weather to follow...

The snow has totally skipped us this round. 19 degrees now with temps going down to single digits.

My truck isn't liking the cold today. Even spoiled it by letting it warm up and I got some not so good reactions for my efforts. Hmph!! lol

Merry Christmas everybody!! Stay warm or cool depending on where you are.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

You all stay warm, was up to low 70's yesterday...tornado watch today as the cold front goes through us. Pretty breezy this morning, down to 40's tonight...so must go drop the sides to my makeshift green house for my orchids/and vegetables.

Juhur thanks for the snow pics! You all need to put on those snowsuits and post some snow pics. ;-)

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sunkissed You do the same with the tornado situation ,we get those too!!!
30 degrees and still coming down.. 8 or 9 here ,10, 12, a little more some places..
It might warm up enough to rain before it freezes ,, Fun!!!????

Here's pics;

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cold, but sun is shining. No storms!
All the way to 12º. Wow, heat wave.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It was 14 to about 18 here last night for a while , what do ya think CG river and bugs going to have enough?Cold enough to do some of the bugs and cold ,wet, enough to fill the rivers?
How is the greenhouse? ,I lost the other thread some how, Got it up with the goodies going yet?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.