December Weather Christmas season already ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

December & no cold snaps yet, no snow either.
At least it makes winter shorter.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Same here except I want and need a nice long and freezing cold winter. It's good for my plants and trees.

We got near 70 today. Is it December or May?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

The weather here is gorgeous! I had the AC on this afternoon it got so hot in here. It is just beautiful.

I did get out over the weekend to sit on my swing and look at all of my plants that somehow with so little rain just keep on growing, growing, growing!

It is very satisfying to see my hut! I can also see it from my loveseat in the Livingroom so I can see it all the time whether I feel like going out or not.

It is supposed to be warm here for at least another week! I like short winters!

Pepper, think it is May! hahah!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm not complaining....perfect here. I have lots of birds visiting the back yard, even saw a group of Carolina Chickadees yesterday (only see them in the winter months). Mid to upper 70's during the day and mid to upper 50's at night...Hard to bring myself into the house lately.

But we all know this could change with the blink of an eye....

Mountain View, HI

The Doldrums. I believe thats the word. For the last two or three days no wind, no rain, very little cloud. Well I should say we get a southerly breeze blow up from about 1 -3 pm and then it dies down again. Next four or five days are suppose to be the same. Other than that little breeze in the afternoon nothing moves, clear blue sky, dry, humid and HOT. 80f+ outside the window. Had to water some pots yesterday. In addition most of the islands also have VOG. That volcanic haze the blows off the active part of Kilauea. With a light southerly flow the VOG is blown over Honolulu. Lava started flowing into the ocean again last week after almost a years break. Tourists love it so do the tour guides and helicopter tours.

Still warm with temps in the mid to high 60s, sunny and only windy at work. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50 's off and on rain today and last night ,after 70 and sunny yesterday. Yes it difficult to tell if it is spring of winter towards solstice.

Well I would make a tourist as I would love seeing the lava flowing into the ocean and 80 degree temps. Good heavens !!! keep at it a minute or two and I will have Tahiti syndrome!!! or maybe it should be re-named Hawaii syndrome?Oh I guess why the older people of days past said paradise syndrome? something to look up I guess...

LOL@ Pepper

We had a bit of rain this morning coming in off the ocean, would tell you how much, but the Darling Husband dropped my rain gauge and broke it. Looks like it is done though...so no excuse to not go for my walk now. Was 62° this morning, warmest morn we've had for awhile now.

Full moon the other night from my backyard. Fall color crape myrtle, my Christmas cactus about to bloom.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Low 60s, sunny, and breezy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Low 40's sunny and breezy (giggle)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Still warm! Rain, Rain, Rain! Very thankful for it, as the plants sure did need it!

Supposed to have a cold front coming in.....down in the low forties or even thirties morning middle of next week!

Weekend should be nice!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Temp rose all day & night. 24º 8 AM yesterday. Now 41º. Light rain overnight.
Temp falling today.

Temps in the low 50s and cloudy all day. Rain moving in tonight and snow on Sunday. Just enough to cause trouble on the roads.

A bit warmer here, but foggy this morning. They said up to 80 yesterday, but never passed 76 here. Today they say again up to 80...we'll see. Prediction for the next four days. 80ish/60ish, part clouds/maybe rain and fog, maybe sun...they're covering all aspects. ☺

High 40s and dreary today. Rain north of here but it won't reach us. Next system moves in tomorrow.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snow started just before dark. Very light. 28º.
Got the frame up today.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rainy all day 48 or so for a high ,that's about the same as last nights low of 42 , same about tonight. warm ,rainy , mucky weather.

CG are you getting ready for next spring or offering early delights at market? About the size of an eight car garage the frame looks.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Link to more about the hoophouse.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1290203/

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Another GORGEOUS day! Just beautiful! Cold front coming in Sun or Mon and it will be COLD Tues am. maybe 33!

Cloudy and cold with temps in the low 40s. Rain supposed to move in tonight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rains moved on, still 40's puddles everywhere ,ground saturated , looks like fall!!! gray ,dreary , and muddy, muddy, muddy.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Wasn't Indiana a state that was very dry during the summer.
I would never complain about rain.
We had 5½" of rain in early May & 4½" in late May. Both times our crops were under water. Those rains saved the crops around here when it didn't rain the rest of the summer.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes with extreme drought , some of the cornfields, the corn never got taller than hip high or tall. Other fields looked okay ,only still the drought was bad here,
One of these earlier threads I was talking about a couple of rain storms? in May? 27 or 28 days in June with no rain at all ,then one one little sprinkle or so.
I know it was worse still farther south ., a lot of food that never was and a lot of work "shot to H!!" this season past was for many

I am not a farmer or market gardener only that is still much of my food going by there..

Maybe someone will post here and say how the Mississippi river is doing now.

40s for high and the storm pretty much skipped us. Got some rain overnight but it was done before morning. All you extreme northerners got the snow. lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Blizzard conditions in MN. Highest snow on 5:30 news was Granite Falls, MN with 15".
River is very low. Yesterday they said it may have to cut barge traffic between Minneapolis & St. Louis.
We need lots of snow up here this winter to help it out.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is 53 and rainy here now fog, wind S at 6 humidity 94% barometer at 29.74 If it stays saturated here and snowy up north maybe river traffic will have a better year, hope that it all doesn't flood recovering.!!

DRY down south and west ,snowy farther north and a warm, wet season here , weather,, goodness are the elements having fun!!!!

Mountain View, HI

Trade winds returned, cloudy all day with light rain, about 70f

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Amazing isn't it. Early summer 2011, the Missouri river flooded a lot of the countryside. Now not enough water to float barges. Heavy snow & rain up here & flooding will be on the Mississippi in the spring.

Crashes all over the state today. 61 injuries, 1 death. 597 cars in the ditch.
Stay home! people.

We are at about 6" of snow, but it was warm all day so most melted. 10º now with 25MPH wind from NW.
I am going to crawl in my warm bed!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

We recd. around 13" for our first snow fall. Nice to have the moisture as it is a wet heavy snow.
Lots of plowing and shoveling to get us cleaned out to get on the cty. rd.

Maxine

I sure hope you all start posting some snow pictures...I need a little Christmas...right this very minute...I need a little Christmas now......☺

Same thing here. Real foggy, humid, then sunny, warm.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sun, I think the airport in Mankato is open if you want to fly in for a few days.
Hi, Maxine.
-4º this morning, going for a high of 12º.
Sunny now.
Biggest snow, 17.4" in Scared Heart in western MN.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

The cold front must have went thru your area ahead, because we had 21 this morning when I got up. Our temp sounds much better, but we will be joining you tonight and tomorrow for cold temps.
Plowing is all done THANKS to our son and I got all of the shoveling done.
Boy, I sure can tell I am getting old!!! LOL

Maxine

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40's /20's flurries, no accumulation , light wind at 12. it's cold...last two hours from 49 to 30 now.

Highs in the high 20s and now we are at 19 or so. Might have gone down a couple since we last looked. lol. Very bitter outside but also very dry. I was rushing around this morning thinking I was gonna need to start my truck early and scrape my windows. Nope! Not a lick of moisture anywhere.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

AAAAHHHHH! Now it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! It is supposed to be 31 in the morning!

Had to cover the plants tonight as we did not get the plastic up on the hut. It's OK tho, at least now when it rains they still get watered. A few more weeks and maybe I will feel like watering them!

Mountain View, HI

breezy tradewinds for the next three or four days, a period of heavier more frequent showers tonite thru tomorrow. Still cloudy, very little sun, about 68f. Weekend should be brighter and drier.

Warmer with temps in the low 50s but windy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

COLD low 40's for highs 30's most of the time,, mid to low 20's at night the past two days ... Windy also!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High today, 39º. Still 33º at 10:21 PM.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Currently 40 that's the high. 32 tonight. There is a full moon tonight,, Be careful of Werewolves !!! and people wolves!!
Only it is cold enough that I am staying in "any old way" So those will have to find another place to get their bones to chew on.(weird humor)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.