TEA ROOM # 114

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Moon, I got them from someone in Florida, I will send you some seed, see if you can grow them out. The smell reminds me of Mentholatum. My memory is fading I think. HUH???
You all should see the trees they are so pretty. I will try to get you some pictures. Rain has finally stopped. I sure was glad to see it too. Beautiful slow rain....
Hubby on Vacation so My routine gonna be messed up all week.
You all have a great day....

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Not to worry Charleen...I used to try to remember everything....now if it is important i make a note....then spend my time looking for the notes....GRIN

Wow...I don't have a lot of Native Australian plants, some violets, Callistemons and Baptisia. I lost my tree fern to the weather a couple years ago...really sad as it had gotten over 2 meters tall. I have a number of Abelias, azaleas, Amaryllis, Banksia rose and a variety of shrub roses and miniatures, tons of Daylilies, a couple citrus,Brugmansias, Japanese maples and Japanese magnolias, a variety of ferns, 2 varieties of Tibouchina, Irises and Lycoris, Large and small Turk's Cap, Altheas (rose of Sharon), Buckeyes, a large number of Crapemyrtles, hedychiums, gingers, curcumas, Serissas,African bush daisies,hamelia, salvias, clerodendrons, lobelias, Selloums, Viburnums....a little of a lot as you can see...and other plants in pots like succulents and orchids and philodendrons and alocasias

Clifton Springs, Australia

Charleen the smell sounds right, so they more than likely are bottlebrushes,
Jean, none of my Grevilleas have that smell so I am going for Callistemon...what do you think?.

Moon how is that little area that you made a couple of years back...I think that it had a water feature..but my memory isn't great....what is a Buckeye?

It's a shame Elaine doesn't post anymore, I miss her mosaics and her chatter.

You probably got my money Jean, mine are still coming....
That hat was far too big for Camilla, I don't know how she kept her head up....did you see her hat designer on tv, evidently he makes a few and she makes the final decision.....I did like her cream and white outfit though.

Eucy flowers are lovely Breeindy, but they don't last.

Anthony did you have a collect?
Dianne.

Merino, Australia

Have to see flowers , Dianne. Some leaves can be alike on both Callistemon & Grevillea, but I just love the Grevillea flowers. They range from tiny little fairy brushes to great giant's hairbrush size.
A lot of our natives have an earthy sort of smell. You could call it eucalypty or similar.

My Callistemons are all starting to flower now. The cream is in full flower, always early. Next will be the reds then quickly followed by the pinks etc.
Its funny the way some flower colors take it in turn to flower .
I have seen huge carpets of the paper daisies all come out white , then the pink quickly follows.
My nerines do the same. First are the red/orange , then pink, then white.
Are they being polite or is it the PC way in flowerland ? ......lol

Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset

Unfortunately, I had an armadillo decide to burrow into that be....he wreaked havoc with the plants and what was to be bog pond for Serracenias (pitcher plants). They are interesting critters but they can be a real pain...I am getting ready to rework that area....again...sigh.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/armadillo/

Buckeye is a small tree, Aesculus pavia http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1336/
(My Callistemon and Buckeye)

Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl
rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

Bahhhhhhhhh!-fortune tellers quote Dianne'' look towards the light, the coloured red light, 'think about it''.,.So what did this silly turkey do,'back ,the lights of heaven.............Green moon is a red horse -moon light..,what a fool!!,..,,.,.,..,But, I picked up 30 in the work sweep!!....First lily bloom out today "Pink Giant',,Ive taken it and put in a fibreglass replica terracotta pot , down in the vets surgery to brighten people up a bit.,.my nan is crook in hospital,so I'll be in to see her tomorrow,.,.Anthony

Sunshine Coast, Australia

Jean had to show you the Epiphyllum Snow Leopard cutting you sent me had it's first flower.

Just beautiful!
Thanks so much.

Thumbnail by Marleneann

Good thoughts to your Nan, Anthony. Hope she is home soon.

Lovely bloom Marleneanne.

Good morning. kettle is on,Jean.
Hope your nan gets better quickly, Anthony.
Lovely Epi, Marlene....mine aren't that far advanced yet.
The buckeye looks very pretty Moon,

I had my first strawberry for the season this morning, the bushes are loaded...
I might get my first "Sensation" pear, I bought it last year..pic of tiny fruit below, you can see the colour already.
Hope they don't drop off.

Have a good day everyone.
Dianne

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Thanks Dianne. It is a nice little tree and so pretty when in full bloom. Yea! on the strawberries and fingers crossed nothing disturbs the pear-lings...grin

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Strangely , its foggy this morning after a good lot of rain yesterday.
Shopping day today, so I am hoping for no rain. Its so hard to decide on what to wear this early in the day as one may have to change later. I usually go out prepared with an extra jumper and a light shirt.

Anthony, best wishes for your Nans speedy recovery.
Nice of you to share your lovely lilium bloom too.

Moon, I'm glad we dont have armadillos here to dig up the garden. We do have wombats which some call bulldozers, but none around in our area thank goodness.Your garden sounds lovely Moon. You must be like me, if its green and it grows, I'll have it somewhere....lol

Dianne, thanks for putting the kettle on. I am a bit late these mornings as hubby has to have the computer early for his daily reading of the weather for the CFA radio forecasts which are now on for the summer fire season.
Lots of long grass around so I am hoping there are no bad fires to come.
Hay is being cut on lots of farms, but this s till leaves very bad grassy area where they dont cut and also so much plantation acreage.

Lovely epi Colleen. Mine are right on the verge of opening . One has opened so the others will not be long.

Hello Charleen, your garden will be looking very pretty with your brugs out.
Pat htos efurry fellows for me and give T Bo and Charley their cookies.

Al, I see there is more bad weather coming your way again. Its terrible for all those having to face winter in such circumstances.
Hope you stay safe this time too.

Better move myself and see what I can give you all for morning tea..
Here we go.... Ginger Sponge..

Enjoy your day and keep safe.

Happy day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Thanks Jean. I must say, my eyes are often larger than my garden space....grin

And so say all of us moon ^_^

Enjoy your day/evening everyone !

chrissy

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
A chilly morning but should be a nice day later. Yesterday was a beautiful warm day after a bit of fog.
By late afternoon, it had begun to rain and become colder.

I found no orphans and was disappointed to find no pretty azaleas either.
I did see some brugs in Mitre10.
One was labelled as Pink Panther and was from Yamina.
The other two were from somewhere else as the labels didnt have a nursery name on them.
They were labelled as Peaches & Cream and an orange which I cannot remember. I know it was one we had talked about as being wrongly named.

Hello Dianne, Teresa, Moon Charleen , Al , Anthony and Chrissy.
I hope you are all going to enjoy a lovely weekend full of sunshine.

I am off outside to get a few things done before it decides to rain again.
I want to get a few pics of the irises too. Its always a nice time to take pics before the sun is too bright.

Here is something tasty for morning tea.....Sultana TeaCake..

Happy day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Gagging on the humidity here after the storms and heat, you can actually see it in the air.
At least we didn't get the hail like many close to us, poor things.
Watching pics from over the pond is very hard, if only we could send some heat over to those shivering in the cold.
Hope everything will improve as quickly as possible.

This Stormy weather has triggered the kind of amazing growth that jungles are made of, the frogs are singing their hearts out, bless them, go get those bugs !
The ants are starting to come out looking for new pots to infest. First Mozzies !gnats etc.
Lots of stuff all over the grounds to pick up- the things you find after a storm!

The weekend looms ...soon it will be how many sleeps till Christmas ? and
-
-
-
-
-
2013 !!!!!!!!!!!

chrissy ^_^

Good the hail missed you Chrissy....I empathize with you on the heat and humidity. It is indeed choking when the temps are in the high 30's and humidity is above 80%...sort of like trying to breathe hot water...I know your Hubby is home, but hope he is continuing to do well. As for the storm stricken areas...it is like living in a war zone with no way to fight back and no where to go. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call that Mother Earth is indeed starting to fight back...the Earth is warming and if we are not careful and much more respectful we may find ourselves being shrugged off like pests....Australia, like the US has seen more than a little sorrow caused by storms, floods and fires. Here's hoping those that can make a difference do so.

46 days til Christmas....the older we get the faster the days fly by.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Its freezing here this morning because we have a frost. Going to be a lovely day later though. The sun is shining and no wind or cloud.
I hope my bruggies are all okay out there. Not going out yet, my toes & fingers need warming up first.

Not much done yesterday as we had light sprinkles most of the day with a cold wind.
I did get one of the tomato grow bags done. It is now hanging on the old clothes hoist.
I put two plants in the bottom and will do the second bag in a week or so when my seedling tomatoes are bigger.
The climbing beans are now starting to put up their tendrils.
Should be lots of beans later.

The epis are getting closer to flowering with lots of big fat buds. My hatioras are also going to be out for Christmas.
I am hoping to see a flower or two on the white hatiora as they are very rare.

Hello Moon. I saw some of the news about all the snow etc coming on the devastated areas over there.
I do feel for all those trying to survive after the hurricane and now being snowed on. Winter is the worst time for any disaster to hit.
Not that there is a better time for any disaster, but things can be more manageable if the weather is fine and people are not freezing.

Al, I hope my tomatoes do as well as your plants did.
I will have some in the ground as well as the bags.
Hope you are not getting too much snow .

Dianne, how are things down your way. Did you get any rain yesterday ?
I have planted the last of my flower seeds here so will be looking for any that grow and flower.

Hello Charleen. hope you are still getting some nice weather too.
I saw the tail end of Charley this morning as I came in.
I think Abigail was sitting on his back.
Didnt see dear little T Bo, but he was probably there too.

Hello Colleen, Chrissy, Anthony and Teresa. I hope you are all enjoying sunshine .
Enjoy your gardens. Anthony, you will be surrounded in lilium blooms. Love the one you posted .

I am going to get another cuppa to warm my fingers.

Hers a tasty nibble for morning tea. .....Chocolate Berry Loaf..

Enjoy the day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Christchurch, New Zealand

just a quick update... been having lap top issues, keeps locking up.
miss you all, hope to be back properly soon
take care everyone
{{{hugs}}}
teresa

Fall photos for you all.
going up my Road.
Isn't it beautiful? Ran out of Battery power or I would have gotten one on each curve. Got 8 curves to my house...
But I got halfway, How about that??

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Charleen, that is so lovely. I may have to get Carpet out and come over to live on your road.

Teresa, hope to see you back soon. Computers can be a real pain, when they decide to do their own thing.

I am a very lazy person today. It was so lovely outside , I did some potting then found a few seeds to plant . I was sitting in the greenhouse with the door wide open enjoying the warmth after planting my seeds. Next thing I knew, I was opening my eyes after dozing off. I spent a comfortable 15 minutes having an unexpected siesta.

Its usually hubby having the granny naps.

Oh well, it was so nice out there and did me good.

Jean.

lap top still locking up at random intervals...
spent the day at the Dalmatian Club Specialty Show.
Sugar won her class in the bitch line up & then won her class In Show.
She also won the Best Liver stakes - & will have her name engraved on the trophy I donated years ago.
Always hoped to get Copper's name on the Dalfyre Trophy but instead it will be Sugar's.

Sugar's breeder was down from Wellington & was very happy with how Sugar is doing.
Always nice to hear that I am doing it right.
Copper got lots of kind words from the judge although he did't win his class - not surprised as the other dog was younger & still looking good.
Veteran is any dog over 7 years old, the other dog was 8.
Copper at 14 cannot compete but he was having a lovely time playing at being a show dog again.
We came away with a few nice ribbons and a nice haul of prizes & a goodie bag full of donated products.
Cheers all...
take care everyone

Congrats Teresa and Sugar. Nice to be able to really show what your pup is made of. Bravo to Copper....I bet your old boy could still teach them a few tricks. Hope you get the laptop problem solved quickly.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. It is supposed to be warmer all across the country today...better news for the folks on the East coast.

Charleen....your pics reminded me of John Denver's song Country Roads....nice.

Thank you, I love the fall and our road is really beautiful this time of the year.
Yep, it is Country Roads...
T Bo is still growing and playing. He took his water dish out of bathroom and I haven't found it yet. that dog is a clown. I know Copper is loving getting out socializing.....
Hugs and nuzzles to all....

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
A beautiful sunny morning even if cold. It will warm later as did yesterday.
We are off over to Hamilton again as the computer is going in for a checkup.
Its not busy on Sundays so the shop should be able to do it quickly. Everything works well but is all in giant size.
Its very annoying having to scroll up & down and side to side on every page. Even the Windows files are large.
Happened once before after an update to a program came in , but after a shutdown all went back to normal.
This time is worse and I cannot fix it. One needs a small child in the computer to do these things....lol

Teresa, so nice to hear that Sugar is turning out so well. Its all worth the runaround she gives you with her mischief.
Good to see Copper still keeping up too.

Moon, you are right about the pics reminding one of that lovely song.
Good to hear there is a bit of nicer weather there.

Charleen, You may find that bowl of T Bos down with Charley. I think they get up to mischief together.

Hello Dianne, Colleen ( hope you are feeling a lot better ) , Al, Anthony and everyone else popping in for a cuppa.
Better see what I have in the kitchen for you all.

Here we are .....Blueberry Coffee Cake

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Keep safe
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Congratulations to you and your dogs Teresa!!!-Its great to get rewarded for all the hard work, once in a while..Quiet weekend here, Ive got lilies for sale, but no fish!!!!!!..took a look at the 'Derwent Valley Flower Show'' and now I'll put some new perches in the bird cages and give them a clean out.......You would have laughed at the 'big white cheddar cheese theif'- Cocky, after I had cooked 2 hamburgers with the works last night on the BBQ..He managed to swipe the cheese from the side of the hamburger -Anthony

well I never knew Cockatoos liked cheese!
Even when they try out patience these naughty animals are entertaining.
Sugar ran off with my hoodie today, she was having a wonderful time doing laps of the club grounds & keeping well away from me.
I wasn't sure whether to laugh at her antics or worry that she might put a hole in my lovely merino drizabone hoody.

I filled one of my planter bags this afternoon - it took about 90L of vegie growing mix & was a pain in the ...
back to fill - it's much smaller than I thought it would be and I could only put the tomatoes in.
I didn't have enough mix to fill the other bag & was so fed up with it I couldn't be bothered even if I had.

Lap top is still a bit dodgy & unpredictable...
cheers - Teresa

Phew, it's warm.....
Jean, I hope that your computer is working properly now....

Sugar certainly keeps you on your toes, Teresa..lots of fun though...hope your laptop is behaving.

Anthony, I'm going over to see your Lilium pics in a sec.....glad to see that Cocky has kept his mischievous nature.....have you been taking him to see your nan, is she home yet?

Hi Moon, Al and Charleen, hope that you all are having a pleasant weekend....
Colleen is a sickie at the moment so WISHING YOU WELL, Colleen......take it easy.

Dianne.

My nans brain, is sharp as a pin..Its the body,thats letting her down,.She bruised a lot of her LHS, when she tumbled,.,Anyway, I'll pull the truck up outside the hospital in the morning[early] and see how shes going..B"# parking in and around there is terrible,.$3 per hr on a meter,.I get 40 mins 'free' with a truck-on a loading zone!!.,.,.Lilies will be thick and fast soon, Im in the process of shifting and sorting [To suit the show class ones}..,My brain goes 10 to the dozen, for the next 2 months,..,but , I do get results-Anthony

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Very cloudy here this morning but still warm after yesterdays beautiful weather.
we dropped the computer off and to pass the hours until we picked it up, we went for a drive. Beautiful sunny day so we went out to the west of Hamilton and around lots of back roads looking at the scenery and some lovely old farmhouses. Coming back to Hamilton, we bought subways for lunch which we enjoyed while sitting in the Botanic Gardens.
Havent been into the gardens for over a year , even though they are right in town. It was lovely to see how well kept they still are and I did like the new abutilon section which was a mass of mixed colors.
Sadly the old emu that used to live there in his large run had been killed by vandals .
Still the peacocks and ducks plus the odd magpie looking for a handout. There were some lovely azaleas there but not in flower. I did my bit for the gardens by carefully pruning a few bits that were hanging over the path......

With the computer, apparently sometimes Windows updates can mess around with things so it is now running very nicely, even if the pages etc are not exactly looking like they used to. At least we dont have to scroll side to side and up and down all the time now .

Hello Dianne, I am sure your garden is looking lovely. Give Tilly a pat for me.
I bet your brugs are all smiling at you too.

Anthony. I expect to see my liliums flower soon, The buds are getting bigger.
I bet Cocky had a laugh when he pinched your cheese.
You are lucky he didnt take the whole thing.

Colleen, hope you are well on the way to full health . Best wishes for you.

Teresa, I bet Sugar is still showing off in front of Copper. Good work for you and the dogs, getting the prizes. Makes all the time and work more pleasant.

Moon, hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend weatherwise over there. It will get cold soon enough so enjoy any sun.

Charleen, hope you are seeing some sun too.
I thought of Charley & friends yesterday when we were out driving. Saw a donkey in with some horses, all having a great feed of hay.
It was also very nice to see a couple of kangaroos along the road. One was keeping up with us for awhile until he decided he was better off in the bush.
I love seeing any of our wildlife when we are out.
You must be the same there, although the wildlife is a bit different to ours.

Hello to everyone else looking in.
I have a few brug seeds to plant today and some cuttings to pot up.
Looks like another lovely day now the sun has melted the cloud away.

Heres a nice nibble for you all .....GingerBread Cake

Happy day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

lap top keeps locking up which is frustrating.
Sugar's breeder had her Mum along for the trip & Sugar was so excited to see her...
I think I know who spoiled her rotten as a puppy :)
They emailed me some photos from the show, first ones I've seen of us since Baz still hasn't shown me the video he did
take care everyone

Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Another lovely sunny morning but very chilly at only 3C
Some wind yesterday but nothing strong like others had.
I planted more brug seeds and potted a few plants. Picked a lovely lot of broad beans and we had them for lunch. . Today I will finally ( hopefully) get to finishing off the short length of retic hose on the salvias. I keep getting sidetracked on other things.
I think we are all the same in going out to do some job , seeing something along the way that needs doing, then something else, so the first job gets forgotten....lol

Teresa, I hope you can get your laptop sorted, it can be so frustrating with computers. They have minds of their own at times. Lovely pics of you and Sugar.

Dianne, I hope the wind there didnt do any damage. Poor bruggies will have felt it , being so tall now.

Anthony. hope all is well down your way. . hope your Nan is feeling better. You had better make another burger for cocky.
We had a cat once that would crawl right up on my daughters chest to get at her cheese sandwiches when she was eating them..

Al, Moon and Charleen , hope all is well in your areas. I see the news here about the storms, but we dont get a lot of detail on what goes on.
I hope the authorities can deal quickly with all those affected by the storms ..

Colleen , best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hello to everyone else coming in for a cuppa.

Here your morning tea nibble......Raisin Cookies

Enjoy the day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Jean,I went out this morning and smelt a new perfume, I couldn't figure out where it was coming from...
Then I saw this big white Epi......it hadn't flowered before so I didn't know that some Epis were perfumed....
This one is beautiful inside as well as outside......look at the lovely stigma..

Luckily there wasn't any noticeable damage from the wind yesterday....

Thumbnail by Seachanger Thumbnail by Seachanger

My Christmas cactus is blooming. Fella Told me T Bo got green paws. But isn't this beautiful???
The 4th picture is my little fairy garden with pond I made...
All the critters and I are doing great.
These blooms have no smell to them that I can smell.
Had some rain yesterday and it is a beautiful sunny day....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Its very cold here again this morning , but I dont mind because the day usually turns out warm later.
Watching the sun as the eclipse is nearing.

Charleen, its funny that the Christmas cactus ( zygo here ) blooms for the northern hemisphere now while here they flower around May / June coming into our winter.
The Hatioras are blooming here now for Christmas. Very similar in looks until the flowers appear.
They have a very pretty daisy like flower.
I have reds, oranges, pinks and a rare white.

Dianne, thats a lovely epi flower. I am waiting for all mine to pop open. Heaps of buds .

Hello Al and Moon. hope you are enjoying some mild weather over there.

Teresa. hope that laptop of yours is behaving itself now.
I'm very glad that Sugar didmt do any damage to your lovely coat when she ran off with it.

Anthony, my lilium buds are swelling . Wont be long now to lots of pretty colors.
Hope yours are all exploding open .

Hello Chrissy and Colleen.
Hope hubby is feeling so much better now Chrissy and Colleen , you take things easy too.

Hello to everyone else looking in .

Something yummy for morning tea.....Almond and Strawberry Cake.

Stay safe and warm
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Charleen, a couple of my Hatioras ( or as they used to be known , rhipsalidopsis) . This is from last year, they are just opening now.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset

Those are beautiful. the blooms just don't last long enough, do they???
Thank you....

Ah Charleen, Sometimes you make me laugh!!, with your statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I I look foreward to each one-Anthony

Guess what you find in Bunnings ...my friend sent this picture.
They used to be so hard to get unless you got them from a friend or grandmother's garden. ^_^

Looks like everything old is new again. Isn't that great ?

chrissy

Thumbnail by
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Very dull here this morning after a lovely day yesterday.
I am off to the doctors early this morning .
Last jab of cortisone for my shoulder which is about as good as it is ever going to be now , I think.
Have a bit of a rash on my arm from some plant I was pushing around yesterday while weeding.
Its not itchy and is clearing quickly.
I have a feeling it may have been the awful sticky weed that seems to want to take over the entire garden. I waded into a back part of the garden to get at a huge patch of it.
Long wandering stems and small thin leaves. Very sticky, so bits get carried around when you dont see them attached to shoes etc.. At least its easy to pull out as you can roll it up in a ball because it sticks to itself.

I will just leave something tasty for you all and catch up later. Better be off as I need to water a few pots before we leave.

Here we are .....Apple and Cinnamon Slice.

Enjoy your day
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Morning all,
Jean, it will be that rotten sticky weed....it's awful stuff.
Colleen, how are you? not overdoing I hope.....
It looks like a nice day ahead,
I like the "Lucky dip" label on the Epis, I think that they pinched that tag from you,Jean...I think I remember you using that term re your Epis on one occasion.
Are there many scented Epis or is it only the white ones?.....my red one opened this morning....

Can't wait for the liliums to start, I think that I am a day away from the first one opening....

This clematis is so pretty I can't resist another pic...
Have a good day all.
Dianne

This message was edited Nov 15, 2012 7:56 AM

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.