looking for venus fly trap plant(s)

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I have been searching for Venus fly trap plants. I know they sell them at Lowes but they are a little too pricey for me. Does anyone have any to share? Willing to pay postage. Or work something out. Please let me know. Thank you!!

Erin

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Erin, I saw some in Lowe's the other day. I am not really into them because after they eat a certain amount of flies they die. I hope you find some. Luciee {;^) Oops, I didn't read all the way through before I replied. L.

This message was edited Dec 1, 2012 12:24 PM

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank you! I did find some the other day at lowes! $4.99 each!

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Good!! The way prices are right now, I call that a good price. Luciee {;^)

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Keep in mind that these are NOT houseplants. They require a winter dormancy period and after last frost belong OUTSIDE in FULL Sun all day.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

I absolutely agree with Tommy. We have them in my store during the spring and summer but they quickly diminish. This year, I placed them outdoors with a fair amount of sun and shade where they could also get rainwater. They thrived! And every last one of them flowered. It was fun to show the kids that came around the Daddy Longlegs caught in one of the traps. These are bog plants and need specific conditions to do well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.