Special Date with Jill (since she couldn't come to Swap)

Crozet, VA

yummmy!!!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Oops, couldn't wait to post one of the very sweet highlights of our get together....Dear Joyana made each of us a special toadstool/musshroom cap out of brightly colored acrylic clay! Mine is "growing" on my car dashboard. Thank you Joyanna! What a treasure you are, And your Mom is pretty cool, too.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh yes! We all felt honored to get our specially chosen caps!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

While Jill was getting ready, I was helping Joyanna with the mushrooms by telling her who would be there. She was very decisive about which mushroom should go to each of you - so cute.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Gosh, I can't wait to meet Joyanna!!! What's the next even we'll be having so I can meet this little Angel!? =)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

So very sorry that I missed the event. This humble explorer was wandering though out the kingdom and not at attendance. I have certainly enjoyed that recap of the lovely day. I would like to lay at Queen Sally's feet a gift from my exploration. I encountered many beautiful plants and strange beasts. I here now claim this island in the name of Queen Sally.
(You may have some trouble claiming it from the natives.)

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Oh it looks so warm and sunny!!!

Holly Sunshyne,
Your service to this Kingdom is truly exemplary!! We are much pleased at your acquisitions and your safe return!

Crozet, VA

Holly, there are often times when I yearn to live some where exactly like your photo shows. Seems like a wonderful place to forget that there is a rat race out here. I am sure that you snapped some contest winning pics while on this latest trip. I would love to see more.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Back to the real world.

Gita look in Plantfiles a Stinking Iris for your mystery.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from sallyg :
Gita look in Plantfiles a Stinking Iris for your mystery.

That just sounded toooo darned funny!! Can imagine Gita's response "I don' neeed no steenkeeng Iris!" LOL!!!!!
Oh Your Highness, you just gave me a day-long Royal case of the giggles! < =D

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally--

YOU da woman---again! How did you track it down?
YUP! That is the "mystery plant".....How it got there--I have no idea.
Probably a seed pooped out by a bird.

Below are gazillion pictures of it. I checked out PF as well.

Thanks--Gita

https://www.google.com/search?q=stinking+iris+plant&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=s_GgUN_wIOTD0QHc8oHQDw&biw=1280&bih=806&sei=vvGgUMTpFa2v0AGa3ICYDA

Oh, well--this link is no good. Nothing there. It was very, very long....
I Googled stinking Iris and then clicked on "Images" and that is what I was trying to send you all.
G.

This message was edited Nov 12, 2012 8:09 AM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sure looks pretty

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ok I have to ask....does it really have a bad scent?

Foliage is supposed to have some garlic scent when crushed. i would test mine but it sounds cold out there and besides dark too!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here is my new baby---hopefully worth the $20 I paid.

It is neat how the leaves fold up slightly when it gets dark. Relax in the day time.
Shades of a Prayer Plant????

My CC's are starting to bloom. Just in time for Thanksgiving....
Need to re-take some of these pictures. Some were not in good focus.
Did some close-ups of the salmon one--all fuzzy. maybe I should have set it on macro.

I am anxious to be able to properly label all the colors as they bloom. They are so mixed up!

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous plants Gita as usual! Thx for posting the pics.

Anyhoo- I just googled 'iris orange seeds' and got stinking iris.

Nice size Calathea! Mine was very cheap but very small too. Tho I cannot believe you couldn't wait till I divided mine.

I have a first bloom in Xmas cactus labeled pink- it is a very pale pink I have no recall of owning.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Awwww--Thanks, Paul!
For as little as I fuss over my plants, they all seem to do quite well.
Maybe that is the way to go.....

I have several more yet to bloom--some of my "juveniles" are not yet showing buds.
May not bloom at this time---maybe a bit later. I want to see the pinks and the whites!

That Salmon one is beautiful, robust, thick "leaves' and very upright. Like a soldier.
First one to be in full bloom. Best CC I have ever had!

I will be on the look out for a true red for JB. I have a red one--but it is not that
deep, true red. It has some lighter shades to it. Almost ready to be in full bloom.
Will take pictures for sure to show you all.
Gita

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sorry, Sally! I just could not resist! I am sure you will have enough takers for the divisions.

Would have been nice if it had been in a 6"pot--would have cost...maybe...$12.

Could I have given you the pink CC? I know I had pink in my collection of broken off sections i gahtered up
at HD and Lowes. Will go hunting again--not that I need more CC's! But...it is fun to get something for free.....

As I said--I am keeping an eagle-eye on all the small ones as I know I have many of them mis-labeled.

OK! Gotta finish the last category in the Photo Contest. Tomorrow (11/13) is the last day.

Good night all----G.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, So pretty, really like that plant.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly---

Go check out your HD. I think all of them got a few pots of this...Maybe Lowes also????
It is a Calathia--aka Rattlesnake Plant....

G.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes I have seen it at the local store.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.