October Weather, always cold on my birthday!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A COOL 34 DEGREES some frozen water around here and there ,really 31 to 34 depending on where you are standing at. At least there is no wind, some sun beginning this morning, it's been a day or two since we have seen old sol. 60 or so forecast for later.
I always fascinate from the things like the cup of water that is not and did not freeze sitting outside and a few feet away there is drizzle from yesterday morning frozen like a thin puddle, Town and city micro environments are strange, makes the full moon thing come to mind.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Was in high 30s this morning but we are in the low 50s now.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It is supposed to reach 90 today. What happened to fall?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

IT moved up north to preparing to evade the coming snowbird inundation !!!!

Mid 60's mild sunny day , 50's tonight light wind 3 to 5, cooler day, but nice.. I am still adjusting to the colder weather, I hate being weather sensitive,I really do!!!

Reached the mid 60s, was cloudy all day and windy. The wind had a bite to it too. Brrr!!! Severe storms with tornadoes possible on the way for tomorrow.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

I am going to ask a weather question. Does anyone know when a killing frost is expected in north Alabama? Specifically, Hanceville AL?

(Zone 7a)

Your local weather folks on the news can tell you that. It looks like the norm for you is around Nov. 15th. It could be before or after that, though. We've had a few around UT already.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Thanks, kwanjin. I tried looking it up on the computer but could not find a definitive answer. Our beans were late this year and I am trying to make up for lost time. Luciee {;^)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rained yesterday evening and most of last night ,70 yesterday ,65 to 70 today 20 to 30 mph winds 50's tonight.
Cloudy ,may rain more. Nice weather yesterday for a few hours .
forecast is saying chance of severe storms ,possible tornadoes, and 40 to 45 mph winds for later today.

Happy Hurricane Season all,,

Mountain View, HI

Back on the 8th I said it was hot and the trade winds were returning. Well they did but it stayed hot but less humid and no rain. I think we have had 5 days without rain now. Thats OK. Trade winds are predicted to fade away by Wednesday and then we return to a southerly hot humid weather pattern.
Already had our first high surf warning of the season with 25 to 30 ft waves. Prediction for the winter is for more storms than usual approaching from the north west.

Jujur7 - Its been quiet for us this year but not out of the woods yet this hurricane season. Our most devastating hurricane Iniki hit us during Thanksgiving.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

microb The nearest I ever been to a hurricane was the gulf coast ,I think that was one of the tropical storms just before Irene? 1969.That wind in what was only a tropical storm like to about drove me nuts, rain that stings, wind whistling all the time hour after hour, If had to listen to wind like that all the time, like say the dust bowl decade, i probably would of been one of the people that had hung myself!!! Those things are dreadful,low air or atmospheric pressure causing me a headache was another.
Windy to the extreme here, now as I type this .The wind only sounds like a rumble here though ,It is what I am use to,

If you think this is depressing listening to my opinion about tropical storms,would you like to here my story about a giant ocean waves before they existed? They weren't there before 1990 or was that 2000? you know. LOL

Stormy yesterday but luckily not severe. Did get some strong winds last night, strong enough that with roads slick it was hard to drive straight. But today the sun shined and we had a strong breeze but calmer.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Night before last we had a rain white out,could not see to drive for a few minutes. nice today sunny 60's ,for tomorrow partly cloudy and 70 we will see.
Fall is pretty, and comfy when temps are 60 to 70 degrees.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain predicted today, not going to happen.
53º, cloudy. South wind, 20MPH.

(Zone 7a)

My DH said it rained while I was at work. I don't know how much. 39º now with 60º for the high.

Low 60s now but was probably a bit warmer this morning before the cold front moved in. Front moved in and brought some nice rain.

I need to get out and take some fall pics tomorrow. Lots of color around here!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Same weather here as peppers Only difference might be that it still raining and the temperature is rapidly falling towards 50 degrees.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Pretty warm today in Florida (87°), but we are getting a cold front they say tomorrow and the weekend will only be low 80's instead of high 80's. Ha ha. At least the mornings are below 70 now. Actually except for today it has been quite pleasant.
We were camping this past week and had our first campfire of the season...we just put the fans on us and sat a bit back from the fire pit. ☺

Happy Fall ya all!

My very overgrown fall garden...I was gone all last month and it rained the whole time here...what a jungle.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Cold and very, very windy. Wind advisory or something like that in effect. I haven't caught the weather so only know we are in low 50s and it's cold!! lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cold ,windy ,rain off and on all day , and still , Cold mucky fall day. 40 TO 50

Same as juhur. Highs in the low 50s.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Miserable day here, 48º, windy, misty rain all day.
Now NW wind blowing, which will be miserable at market tomorrow. Low overnight of 34º.
Rain was 3 tenths for whole storm system.

Sunny and warmer with temps in the 60s.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50's partly sunny most of today, cold all day ,windy and cloudy mostly ,mid 40's for tonight

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hello folks, sorry it's been awhile, it was a horrible summer for me but am slowly getting back on track!! Our temps are still in the 80's, during the day but the nights get nice & cool! We haven't had much rain so we are certainly overdue for it!!! Hope everyone is doing well..I have not read the updates lately :0(

High around 80, mostly cloudy with some strong breezes. Sun was out and we all were hot, clouds come and we freeze. Typical fall weather. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

About 70 and sunny today! windy only real nice day, temps dropped like a rock at sundown. Love that sunshine!!!.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny most of the day,cloudy since 2 pm or so, really nice !!! temps in the mid 70's even now!! off and on sprinkles of rain.
One kind of the most beautiful fall days possible !!!!^_^^_^ ^_^

Same here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL Weather is either copying north or south, Seems like it comes from pepper or CG.

A catflower??^_^

Thumbnail by juhur7

Interesting weather going on here, sounds like an Indian Summer for some.

72 degrees now, up to mid 80's today... Raining here in Central FL from bands of Hurricane Sandy (my DIL's name by the way), but supposed to stay off our coast and just give us outer bands and winds no more than 40-50 tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully the storm stays off the US east coast and goes out to sea...they really don't know what it is doing...spaghetti track they call it.

Sunday looks lovely.

Jur...like the catflower...

(Zone 7a)

Cold and rainy, 40º.

Peony changing color.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain overnight, about ¾". Temp falling, around 35º. Snow this morning but didn't stick around.

80 yesterday and right now 46 with wind chills in the high 30s. Doesn't help that is rained off and on all day.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Still 80 here (oh no!!! to what's coming)lol

Bitter cold is what's coming!! lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Supposed to be 46 in the morning and the high for Sun is only thought to be 68, then back in the forties Mon and Tues am.

I have a Dr's appt Mon morning so it will be chilly to go out. Guess I'll have to wear shoes and socks, not Tsandals!
Good time to put a fire in the fireplace.......maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

Jeanne

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It has been that all day here ,about 46 degrees, after yesterdays all day 80 ,that feels plenty cold!!! 30's tonight, who opened the refrigerator door !!! wow. Yes it' rainy and windy too ,oh pooh toohey!!

you warned me! but somehow I told you so just doesn't say it!!!lol

LOL juhur!! You were definitely warned!! LOL

Currently 43 and still pretty breezy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.