October Weather, always cold on my birthday!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread as per request.

Beautiful time of year.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

OKAY,OKAY I won't get excited and thank you! LOL And it is!!looking like a beautiful fall.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. I'll get excited!! Halloween is around the corner now!!

High 70s for high and sunny til late afternoon then clouds rolled in.

I need to take pics again. I have stuff blooming again!!

(Zone 7a)

I'm with Pepper. HALLOWEEN!!! I have a brother who shares my love of scary movies. Every Oct. we have a list of them to watch, one per day. We give each other ideas through the year. Our lists have gotten large enough so we have to start in Sept. LOL It's always hard to decide which one to watch on Halloween night.

We had a lovely 80º today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hello all my weather friends...I've been MIA all September since we were traveling around in our camper. No fall here yet...still getting up to upper 80's. Wicked thunderstorm last night, even had a house near us destroyed by a lightning strike. More expected this afternoon.
Came home to a real jungle since there was tons of rain while we were gone...my passion vine has taken over the yard since I wasn't here to give it direction. Lots of blooming yellows and oranges...my fall color...since we don't have the leaves change until December here. However I did see some nice fall colors in the trees in north Florida, which means it is heading down here.
Hope you all enjoy the cooler weather and send it down here...soon. ☺

(Zone 7a)

Sunkissed, welcome back! Glad you had a good time. So awful about your neighbor, though. We'll be thinking of them this week.

It's a lovely 57º right now.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well growing like a jungle is good, having to weed because nothing is where you would like it to be is bad..Exercise in the outdoors weeding is good?
Ah yes! the impatient one has returned , cold 60 degrees here, rained all night last,and this morning.rain and fog.
I don't know what kind of weather to hope for anymore

Mid 70s and sunny today. Felt nice depending on where you were. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Almost to 70 today,,cool ,cold day for the most part. 55 for tonight ,not bad! not too bad at all!!

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

It is still freakishly warm here right now, it says 67°. The high today, (since it's after midnite I guess, is only 64° they say). I'm confused now, (I'm easily confused..lol) I'm not really sure how that's working for them, because wouldn't THAT 67 be the high? Oh well, I have world peace to solve!

Thumbnail by shortleaf
(Zone 7a)

It was 40º when I got up at 7am. Still a pleasant 70º in the house, though. I have bulbs and mulch to plant so I hope it warms up enough.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Going for 80 here it's gonna make it ! sunny warm, nice day ,then cool, cool, frost.windy, humid . Lot of bugs in wind protected shade!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

50º, Strong NW wind 35MPH. Brr, cold!

Started out in 60s, then the winds shifted and knocked temps down by late morning to the mid 50s. Put my hoodie back on to keep warm!!

Earlier tonight my mom looked out the front window and saw my neighbor's burro in the front yard. This burro lives 3 houses up the road so he had to walk a bit of a distance. We went out and tried to lead him to the road but he resisted til we got a bag of carrots out. lol. I ran up the road to my neighbor's house to let them know he escaped (again) while my mom bribed him up the road with the carrots. Needless to say he freaked out when he realized his pet went that far. Our hands were cold by the time we got back home!! LOL

Thundering now off and on. Must be trying to rain again.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Same old wind, just colder. Low was 33º, hasn't warmed much.

(Zone 7a)

We had our first frost last night. Temp got down to 38º. It's now 51º and sunny.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is raining and about 50 degrees here, mild breeze, nice and cold to the feel of it. I do not think I am ready for winter.

(Zone 7a)

I know I'm not. I really should live by the ocean where it's warm all the time.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

To that five stars^_^

(Zone 7a)

LOL!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Not a good one me being me, cannot see straight through a lens and have nothing to use that has auto focus,lol This is the second smaller bloom with a larger bloom stem ,the was knocked down in one of only three?storms this summer. Middle of pic ,or nearly.

Thumbnail by juhur7

Cold!!! Barely made it into the 50s today and we have a chance of frost here tonight and possible freezes this weekend.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We have thunder and lightning and lots of rain at this hour. 39 degrees for tonight maybe 50 or 51 for tomorrow

All the cool weather sounds very nice to me...well not 30's and frost, but I'd settle for anything under 70 for a night. We've been pounded with heavy afternoon rains all week long, and I have no clue where the weather.com gets their totals from because we've had way over what they show. Every single night a heavy rain with some wicked thunder and lightning several eves with over an inch and half, one night two inches. This is after it reaches 90 each day. Talk about muggy!

This morning it was 72, that is the lowest we've been since we've been back from vacation. This is supposed to finally clear out this coming week....fingers crossed, my garden is a sopping wet jungle...I feel like I live in the tropics this week.

Got the freeze overnight. Wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was gonna be but that's ok. Reached 50s for high. Nice in sun and cold in shade.

Pepper push it on down here...please. ☺

(Zone 7a)

Mid-60s and sunny for here today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

26 here last night 29 about according to one of the T,V. broadcasts, anyway too cold, sunny now maybe 58 for a high.
Any old how it makes my hands cold without gloves the remainder is kinda comfortable ,you all know, that kind of weather.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

OH WELL ! Happy Columbus Day!!!!^_^

Cold this morning with temps in the low 30s but we finally warmed up to low 60s. About froze to death at work this morning though. It was cold enough that my hands were freezing cold to the touch and everytime something landed on them it hurt!! lol

Mountain View, HI

After months complaining about the grey, showery wet weather our first winter storm front is approaching from the Northwest. The weather system stalled just north of Kauai so we won't get a lot of rain but the resulting changes in the weather give us a moderate south or southwest breeze blowing VOG up to the main islands from the Volcano. In our local area on Hawaii Island we get heat. The southerly wind blows the air from the tropics (humid) over the black lava fields and adds to the heat. Its 90f in Hilo at this moment and 84f in the shade outside our window. Out in the sun the temperature must be a gazillion farenheit. Well it feels like standing in front of a furnace under a clear blue sky. Good thing is the ground will dry out and gardening will be possible again.
This will last about three days then the tradewinds will return. No complaints, just an uncomfortable change.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It had gone from 80 to 30 degrees one day last month..
Being weather sensitive is a pain!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

50°/62°/30°
Cloudy with occasional showers this afternoon. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

We've frozen twice, but I still picked tomatoes and Brussells sprouts yesterday. I have to deal with the Brussels today and make a green tomato pie. I have a lot of tomatoes showing a bit of color.

I've been spending two nights at my Daughter's and that eats a big chunk of my week. Then I sleep in trying to get myself back on schedule. Last Wednesday we all woke up with cold, so I'm fighting that right now.

Today, I sincerely hope we get rain. We are in a drought. Our rivers have all but dried up with no rain this year. We pounded in three more feet of pipe on the outdoor pitcher pump. Only half the point was covered in water. Pretty serious for us living off a water table....

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

37 DEGREES HERE THIS morning ,growing season ended yesterday , for outdoor vegies, anyway.
64? for today and sunny ,winds are beginning increase 20 to 30 mph for tomorrow.

Happiness is a bed of warm rocks on a cold sunny day!!!

Thumbnail by juhur7
(Zone 7a)

I wish I could see the pic better. Is it a kitty? They always find the warmest spots. LOL

75º slated for today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes it is kitty, I can't light adjust or auto focus with a key chain camera, wish I could of gotten a better pic of that myself especially while while kitty was stretched out purr snoring!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Set your pictures at about 500x700 pixcles before you send them. They will show up bigger.

Actually sprinkled this morning. Most rain in a month!

(Zone 7a)

I love the purr snoring. LOL!

30s again this morning but warmed up to low 60s. No breeze so it felt nice and I was able to do some more burning. Garden clean-up is pretty much done now!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Same old crap at the market. Third time in a row I put down cold NW wind. About 30 MPH today. Only 45º.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.