You know there are too many people doing house plants......

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

when you see an ad on late night TV for a high tech gizmo that you plug into the wall. Puts out a pulse in your house wiring. Sends Spider Mites, Mealybugs, White Flies and Scale running out of your home. Order now and we'll include a 2nd unit free, just pay seperate S&H.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

That there is a right mighty appealing offer, Gasrocks. I tell you what: throw in 2 sets of steak knives and a replica of Christopher Columbus' sword and I'll give it some serious consideration.

Sylvain.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Can it set your house on fire? Does it work on fleas? Luciee {;^)

This message was edited Sep 22, 2012 5:32 PM

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I wish it worked on unwanted house guests - The human kind....

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi.

We had guests here 2 years ago that turned out to be a pain where the Good Lord split me. We have known him for years and had come to regard his pecular behaviors as commonplace. We had forgotten how disgusting his habits were. Then, after we moved to Florida, we didn't see him for the better part of 6 years. We didn't know her at all, since she was a new girlfriend of his. It turned out she was a taciturn person with narry anything positive or cheery to say. Marianne is happy looked like this :-| . Maryanne is sad looked like this :-| Marianne is surprised looked like :-| Marianne is afraid, well you get the picture.

Their stay here didn't go well. The straw that broke the camel's back came on day 4 of their stay when, during dinner, he lifted his bare left foot off the floor and set it on the chair's seat. He then proceeded to pick his toes and scraping under the nail with a toothpick he always has stuck between his teeth, all the while muttering something about getting some acetone to take care of that darn case of athlete's foot. I pushed my plate away. The next day, I told him how uncivilized such behavior was. He answered that he couldn't believe how much I had changed in the last few years. At that rate, he preferred to move out to a hotel for 3 days until they were scheduled to fly home again. Good thing, too, because I was about to tell him to pack up and leave. A few hours later, I dropped them off at a hotel and we haven't heard from them since.

Other sure-fire techniques of getting rid of unwanted guests:
Everyone must weed the garden for 1 hour every day, rain or shine.
Serve horrible foods like my wife's mother used to cook: fried bologna casserole, Brussels sprouts sandwiches, boxed instant macaroni and cheese, serve lots of beans and chase gassy people around with a can of Lysol spray, hospital style food, hamburger in one form or another every day, burned stuff once in a while, and my all-time favorite: walking around the house half-naked in mixed company. Remember... guests are like fish; after 3 days, they start to smell. If they stick around, it's just a sign that you treat them too well.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

I think we need to start a new thread - not sure in what forum - How to get rid of "guests." An interesting and long subject.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

gasrocks, you sure know how to pick them!!! Luciee

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I think I would "bite" on that pest ridder if they also tossed in one of those cool, back-in-the-day Ronco "Stud-O-Matics". Anybody remember THOSE???? LOLOL I think one of my girlfriends bought one of those. E-gads........everything she wore back then was "embellished". (no, she didn't have one, just knew where to buy such crud). :>)

Crozet, VA

What fun laughs from this thread. I too have lots of overnight visitors stories, and the fish rule is true. Three days the limit.

Hope you all have a great weekend and that not too many are expecting weekend guests. hahhaa

Ruby

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Another good way to get rid of unwanted house guests is to have your dogs lick all the plates clean after a meal and then put them back in the cabinet without washing them. LOL

OK, I'll shut up now.

Karen

Crozet, VA

Once again.....topic is good for a laugh or two.

Ruby

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

Anna_Z-
Am I remembering wrong, or was that product called "the bedazzler"?
Maybe that's just a later more "hip" (?!?) version of the same product...

Marsha.

(Either way it's more trailer-trash junk! "Oh look! Now I can give my tube top and stretch pants some much needed class!")

This message was edited Jun 14, 2013 7:30 AM

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

No, no, it WAS called the Ronco Stud-O-Matic, I'm sure of it. I'll have to ask my mom, she might remember such drivel. We make jokes about stuff like that.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm sure there was a product called the bedazzler as well.

Karen

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

OMG!!!!!!
You can still buy it!
We are SO doomed as a species....

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Buying it is one thing................what strikes terror in the heart of most of us is that there are ones that will USE it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Makes a nice gift for those people that are less than special to you. Gene

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

A gift like that may start a feud lasting generations, like the Hatfields and the McCoys!

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

But those kind probably wouldn't even realize they are "less than special". LOL

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

ROTFLMAO!

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

I'm rolling. Luciee {;^)

Crozet, VA

Thanks for the laughs all.....

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.