Morning Glories 2012 #10

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty Debra and I hope your sis is doing well!

Helena I especially like the last bloom!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Ronnie.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Debra, I should get some transvaal sds and will save you a few. This one is tangled on the fence but hopefully I will harvest sds before any freezing temps occur.
The count Drac is a small statured vine and bloom. It starts off
slower than any mg as its a Kikyo actually and they're all small. Yours probably got covered up by the larger vines and thats why you didn;'t see the blooms.
Did you put your sticto in the basement? Love your yellow 4 o'clock and tuberous glory. Is it a platensis?

Dany, I no longer have any Blue TD sds but ordered the blue from Parks. Parks sds made purple blooms except this one which is in the large tub out back. I have to assume this one came out of the Parks sd pkt too. I have marked the vine and 10 to 15 blooms so hoping to gather sds. I love this vine and didn;'t realize it would be so hard to find the true Blue Tie Dye.

Thanks Helena,
Your Murasaki Blizzard is special and the colors are just beautiful on Mauve Star and the Choc silk.
Gorgeous pale pink and Silver Shadows, The cooler weather did something great to our bloom colors. :-)

New pic of Blue Tie Dye with 2 purps showing. Sorry my pic is so big, still trying to get my fix of this one, lol
Purple George Strait
No Mai
Snail vine with the ants helping to ripen my blooms. Gathering the nectar I suppose

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That's a beautiful color on your Blue tie dye. I love the pink GS with the blue in it. All your no Mai blooms have been beautiful. Your snail vine is neat too. I tried germinating seeds some time ago but just didn't have any luck with it.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Love the snail vine Jackie! Is it the fragrant one?

Some purps loving the change in the weather...

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I found this one mixed in where my Rebbecca usually grows, not a good looking flower in the rain but wanted to remember the color, a volunteer and I tagged it. Then I spotted the solid white one.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Quote from helenahkh :
Thanks Jackie. That's a beautiful color on your Blue tie dye. I love the pink GS with the blue in it. All your no Mai blooms have been beautiful. Your snail vine is neat too. I tried germinating seeds some time ago but just didn't have any luck with it.

I agree with Helena.. love the blooms you all are posting.. I have tried several times with cuttings sent to me and seeds of the snail vine or corkscrew vine,,, as good as I am with seeds, I fail at that one.. taking sister home tommorrow..
that blue tyedye is to dye for LOL
Thankyou for thinking of me with the seeds.. I was looking at last year and I have a bunch of the same from last year from my seed stash this year, but there are a few that I have not seen before, pretty sure from you guys.. anyway.. I love them all.

I love the solid whites, I sent out several last year and have a bunch left. that other one looks like a pale no mai, or a JL cross? All the seeds you sent me Ronnie I have kept going year after year.. I love the purps..
blue silk from Jackie
this one from a different DG'r
from Dany
can't remember where I got these pink seeds from, but I grow a vine out every year..
lobata from last year seeds..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Ronnie, love your purps but that last one is really special, enough to beg for a few seeds from it.

Debra, love your blooms but the blue silk is really neat. Time just flies way too fast. It's raining a bit here I know all the plants needed this rain but my mgs are inside gh and next to house for protection from too much of it.

This first bloom is lavender on light lavender, my camera changed it to blue. Don't know why it does that.

Star of India.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I know I posted last night but its not here. Thats one reason I hate it when I get interrupted, I forget what I
was doing and it doesn't take much to sidetrack me. LOL
Thanks Helena. Ronnie and Debra. Deb, the BTD is to dye for, just gorgeous.
Ronnie, my snail vine is the fragrant one. The color slowly developing as its not in enough sun. Its
tangled now in my trellis and I can't move it. Thats all ok as I just want my pics and hopefuly a few seeds.
If I get several, I can share. I think my vine came from sds I planted but can't remember for sure.

Ronnie, love all your purps and I agree with Helena, that last one is gorgeous. Never seen that one before.
I love your unknown with the light colored stripes, very pretty. Hope you get sds from it. I love surprises.!!

Debra, the Blue Silk is lovely. That will always be a favorite of mine like Fuji no Sora. I just don't get tired of our tried and true beautiful blooms. They're always pretty, yr after yr. I love all your others too
beautiful colors. Yours are showing out too in the cooler temps. The colors are showing up deeper and maybe truer. Your lobata very nice this yr.

Helena, your 1st bloom is a beauty. There are so many that remind me of the Tie Dyes that I can't tell them
apart most of the time. Its lovely whatever it is. Like your other 2 blooms too..

Pink Tie Dye
Purple George Strait
Lovely Rebeccas
Purple Tie Dye

This message was edited Sep 29, 2012 5:07 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Huge bloom on my new Pretty Jap Asago, thanks Ronnie

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie you have winners again. That is the prettiest pink, GS looks great in purple too and your purple tie dye has very bold colors.
That's a very pretty soft pink Asagao.

I worked on repotting the rest of my mgs today. Now all I have to do is make sure I feed them with bloom booster. Some already have buds.

My 2 blooms from this morning were still open this afternoon but changing colors. Cloudy and raining here still.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Helena if I get seeds from the white one I'll surely save you some, I have it tagged.

Jackie that Asago is really pretty! I would love a few snail vine seeds if you get any :-)

Thanks Helena and Ronnie.
Love the changed colors on your mg's Helena. Just part of the attraction of our mg's.

Ronnie, I hope to get sds and if I do, will save you a few.

Blushing Bride

Stapelia, carrion flower buds, the bottom bud is over 4 inches long. The last time one
of these bloomed I had carried it into the house. I was deathly sick in about 20 minutes the stench is so bad.
LOL will send a pic when the flowers open.

Lav LYK blooming up a storm. The LYK"s bloom better than any of my other mg's.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

morning all, from Rogers, Arkansas/ love all the colorful beauties posted....I have a whole bag of the white purp if anyone wants any right now...

sisters and my stapelia has not set blooms. not sure how long to take for them to set buds, and do u feed them like everything else?

was thrilled to see sister had saved some of the kikyos i sent her last year. In fact,,, she has four packets of jmg seeds I sent her last year from my grow outs so hope to see what they bring me this winter inside..
Helena, I found three more crossed four o clocks out back before we left, and one of them was a yellow with pink! yippe! have several cool colors for you now.
Star of India was always a breath taking beauty to me. I just popped in to see some colors here and am glad I did, it will be nice to see them in my memory as I drive back home today.
LYK is so cool! i have a new one blooming at home, it is a very pale pale pink almost white no spots of specks and looks like a purp bloom with i nil leaves, will post pics later. Also the white ten ten from Becky came back and is budded and blooming now. tons of shibouri and JL seed pods are all over the sunflower arches i made.. wish I could just drive on down and meet you, Jackie!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ronnie, hope you do get some seeds from your purps. Let me know what I can send you.

Jackie, your Blushing Bride is really pretty and nice to see so many blooms on LYK. Neat buds on your Stapelia.

Debra, thanks. I'll be looking forward to growing some of your 4 o'clocks for next year.

First bloom is Pink Ice, camera doesn't show but it shimmers.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pink ice is pretty!

Debra, thanks I've had this for 4 yrs and this is its 1st time to set buds. I do not feed it..
Its very senstive to overwatering. I probably wont give it but 2 drinks the whole winter.

Thanks Helena, all your blooms are beautiful this morning. Pink Ice is lovely.

A different look for no Mai
Purple Hige
Plum Purple Velvet
Snail vine showing color on one bloom, great fragrance too, keep
everything crossed Ronnie and Helena and Debra.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ronnie and Jackie. All very pretty blooms Jackie. Snail vine getting showing. Jackie, do you know how long snail vine seeds stay viable? Wish I had stored my seeds in the butter compartment of the refrig, then I know they would still be good. I found some in one of my staches today. Guess I could give it a try again.

oooohhh blushing bride is beautiful! so is that pink star, You guys rock! excited for you on the snail vine, Jackie. Can't wait for the next show!

Thanks Helena and Debra. Helena, I looked it up to check out which vine I have for sure and mine is the corkscrew. Its the fragrant vine and the fragrance is wonderful. The snail vine is not fragrant from what
I can tell.
I'm not sure how long it takes for the corkscrew to germinate but Burpees says to nick and soak overnight in the hottest tap water.
If your sd is swollen the next morning, it should be ready to plant in sd starter mix.
Debra, I hope I have more color showing on the corkscrew vine tomorrow morning. Keeping my
fingers crossed that the sds mature quickly in case it turns cold soon.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282621

This message was edited Oct 1, 2012 2:16 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.