Morning Glories 2012 #10

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1278431

Blue LYK with streaks. I love this one.
Lots and lots of blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie. I like the streaks on your Blue LYK too.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

me too!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I like that too Jackie!

Thanks ladies. A couple of the LYK blooms had the blizzard streaking today. Hope
it makes a few more.

Kikyo Lace

This message was edited Sep 17, 2012 3:12 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread!

Can anyone tell me what is a good time to plant seeds for next year? And once they start growing, how far along do they need to be to pinch back, so I can have fuller plants?

Gautier, MS

Beautiful Kikyo bloom Jackie.

Linda, I'll probably start my seeds mid or even end ofFeb. The weather here warms up so that I can have my plants outside by the end of March.
I don't do pinching back but I imagine that at 3ft you can pinch them back (the size of the 3 0r 4ft bamboo sticks).

Here's my Hatsu Arashi this morning, we had a light sprinkle so I'm sure this is due to the humidity.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh thats gorgeous Helena even if it was the humidity. :-) Love it when they do these crazy things they like to do.

Linda, I agree with everything Helena said. So hot next summer where you're at, that your vines will be huge in no time from an inside the house March sowing. I don't pinch mine, not on purpose anyway.
I;m in too big of a hurry for blooms and pinching sets them back a few weeks but the end result, more blooms, is probably worth it.

No Mai
Beautiful Kikyo Lace
Tai aki
Pink Tie Dye, 1st bloom in a while now

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Love those blooms! They are all so pretty! Thanks for the advice on growing!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I think your no Mai has been pretty special this year but I love all your blooms too.

I kind of forgot about the vines being set back with the pinching, glad you mentioned it. Right now I have buds on some of my vines that are still very short maybe b/c they sense the short days.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty Jackie, I love your No Mai!

Cool look your Hatsu has Helena.

Jackie these beauties came from you!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

golly.. what a beautiful bunch of blues, Ronnie. I love all the blooms you have been posting, too, Helena and Jackie.

Thanks everybody.
Ronnie, gorgeous blooms. I'm so glad my sds made some nice blooms for you. :-)

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

I agree, those are really beautiful-gorgeous blooms Ronnie.

My repeat simple blooms this morning.
Silver shadow with pink and purpureas.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I love the blue ones, only flower I know that can be a true blue!

Helena your SS is pretty and I always love the purps!

Really pretty blooms this morning Helena. I appreciate the purpurea blooms more now than I used to.
They just pretty much take care of themselves, unlike our pickier nils. I do think my unknown in the g house is Silver Shadows. Beautiful blooms on your vine.
I had a bloom on a short Youjiro this morning, Helena. I agree that its the cool weather

Lavender Mist,

Chocolate Silk

Plum Purple Velvet looking somewhat like no Mai.

Pink Silk

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I know I didn't need anymore plants but look at this Cordyline I found at Lowes just 9.99. I like the
red edge on the leaves. This is a big plant already.
A pretty little Mandevilla just 3.99 from HD's.
LYK Lavender??

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

lovely blooms you all. and the cordyline i have never seen before.. love the mandevilla too. Of course I too am all about the purps..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Pretty blooms Debra. Love the extra petal on the hot pink making it look like a double.
That's a great color on the 1st bloom.

thans, Jackie, now if only I would get some seeds this year from the cool ones.. lots of the red and orange ones, shibouri and JL, tho.

Gautier, MS

I love your beautiful blooms Jackie. Your other plants are neat too. I get tempted to buy plants whenever I'm in Lowes but I also bought a lot of hummingbird plants over the internet that I grew long time ago and lost. I'm going to grow quite a few from seeds too.

Love your beautiful blooms too Debra. The big blooms sure make a statement.

It was quite cool here this am. Had 3 ridiculously small blooms but Berlin Blue was nice & the purps.

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Debra, I hope you harvest lots of sds from your prettiest vines.
I only start one, maybe 2, of any one kind but I like to have extras in case I get requests.

Your Berlin Blue is such a beauty Helena.
Pretty purps too.

Pink Tie Dye, one of my favorites

Shishi Botan

Blue Marble Not, cool temps caused this just like with Helenas wild bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, really gorgeous pink tie dye, a real treat to see that BMN., S B seems to have very bright colors.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Helena love the last purp pic!
Jackie your pink tie dye is fantastic, I love it!

Thanks Helena and Ronnie. Was nice to get the true Pink Tie Dye bloom. Some of its
other blooms didn't even come close.

I looked today and do have a few seed pods of some of the blooms I have posted, thank goodness I have duplicates in the stash here.
Beautiful blooms, Helena. I too love the purps you showed.
Jackie Pink Tye dye has so many beautiful variations here. so do the no mais. It is funny.. some were almost white, some almost all pink.
Ronnie, my lobata is finally blooming.. how did the one I sent you do?
How is your beautiful grandbaby doing?
would someone save me some of the Berlin Blues? I am still waiting on the yellows to show up. they better hurry, it is getting dark earlier and cooling down fast here.

Debra, I agree, the variation on some of these blooms is just amazing.
The bloom I sent earlier was from yesterday. Todays Pink Tie Dye made this bloom.

Thumbnail by patootie

beautiful and different from yesterday! LOL so entertaining, these glorys..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love all the variations from the different temps!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I'm enjoying my purpureas a lot too Ronnie. I wish I had planted more of them now since they do better in the cool temps we have been getting.

You are 2nd on the list for Berlin Blue Debra. I'm enjoying your beautiful blooms too.

Your pink tie dye is very nice Jackie.

This is my Q1298 again back to being showy and 2 pinks for today.

Pretty Hige Debra and I love it pictured with the sunflower.
Great pinks!!!
I like your mixed display on the fence.

Love your pretty pinks too Helena. The Q1298 is still making beautiful blooms. Its had a nice
long blooming season.

Tai aki
Shishi Botan
This was purple yesterday, now this lovely color
purpureas

Helena, that q is goreous! I have not heard of a Shishi Botan before, Jackie. My lavender mg tree bloomed and ofcourse Imissed it this am, lukily there are 6 more buds on one stem and three on the other. 12 hours at work today has me tired tired tired, and I left my camera at wor, so now no pics of tommorrows blooms, boo hoo..
I am leaving to go get my sister to bring her home for a week this weekend, so will miss your blooms and all. Keep posting, ok?
remeber the english ivy that I have that blooms all year long now? Wel we are taking it down this fall, I will miss it so much.. it is, however eating the cedar boards off the north side of the house, we will have to have it all repaired when they paint this fall. such a shame to take down a 60 yr old plant, no one else has a blooming english ivy...shibouri.. Kaitlyn Brugmansia, wonderful smelling night blooming jessimine..setosa and noah .. the hummers daily breakfast source..pics of loabatas and red quamolclit are on camera at work.. sorry..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, We'll just look forward to your blooms when you get back. So glad you will get to have your sis down for a week. Do you both good.:-)
Sad about your Ivy, I've never seen a blooming one. Send us a pic of it when you can.
My Shishi botan came to me from Emma and the flowers are just a beautiful color.
I'll save you some sds. It looks like its made several pods.
My blooms are slowing down here, makes me sad since I had to wait so long for the blooms to even start this yr,
Beautiful blooms you posted above.

Thumbnail by patootie

Enjoy the visit with your Sister Debra!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Glad too that you'll have your sis with you for a visit.

Beautiful blooms Jackie, like your choco bloom too.

Just a repeat Silver Shadow so didn't take pics today.

Thanks Helena.
Was so happy to have Blue Marble not blooming again today.

Choc Silk with Plum Purple Velvet showing

China Doll not

This is just beyond lovely..... Plum Purple Velvet

Red Lycoris lily

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful Jackie, love all your blooms. Love what they're doing and the colors. Amazing color on your Lycoris lily.

I'm watching my hummers chase each other and go to all my salvia plants. I'll have a few mg blooms tomorrow.

First 3 are salvia mexicana, the third is Betsy's purple and has a gorgeous purple color which my camera isn't capturing.
Fourth bloom is Subrotunda and last is Danielle's Dream. But I also have loads of red and coral coccineas.

This message was edited Sep 21, 2012 5:31 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I havn't left yet, but did bring home the camera.. My red spider lillies have not bloomed yet. dang it. Yours are beautiful!
Love the salvias, too.. hummers love those things..
I will let you name the following blooms here, I am sure some of these came from Emma as well..

had a bloom on the mg tree again this am, and a blue silk too.. didn't have the camera..these are some other things among the glories..

I did have a blue silk the day before that was on the camera.. it sure has started blooming late..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.