Morning Glories 2012 #09

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I really like Aogakiyama x Choc Silk and it looks like it has some blizzard. No sora and the no ID purple is very nice too.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I remember Berlin Blue....Loved it then and now!
Like the purple nil Jackie.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena and Ronnie.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

hope you get seeds from your unknown Jackie, it is beautiful. all your blooms are gorgeous of course. I love your grow outs this year Ronnie.. how is everyone at your house doing? didn't you have a grandson recently?

Helena, gotta save me a berlin blue seed please? oh my it is so beautiful!

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Debra. Beautiful bloom, love the showy color.

thanks Jackie, it was very visable when I looked out the kitchen window that morning..I love your hige, still waiting for one of mine to show up..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Ronnie, Jackie and Debra. Beautiful hige Jackie!

Gorgeous bloom Debra! Very showy. Will save you seeds of Berlin Blue.

Here's Karens2005 Tricolor pink speckled.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Debra and Helena.

Debra,It took my Hige
a long time to start blooming this yr too. Maybe start one inside next March to get a headstart
and then plant out as soon as you're frost free. My Split Second was started early in a pot last yr and it bloomed before all the other higes.

Very pretty bloom Helena.

A thunderstorm came thru last niite. The rain didn't seem to hurt this transvaal. I like it because of the pretty orange sds.it will make

Showing the leaves

A different purpurea on the fence

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

We are good Debra, thanks! And yes we have a new Grandson that is now 6 months old already! Love him to pieces♥

Nice hige Jackie, mine are slow to start this year. I have one from you that is just showing a bit of feathering.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra your pink flower is nice, I have one very similar.

Nice speckle Helena, I like them but find a lot to be mutants that never open fully. Does anyone else notice that?

Ronnie, Some are slow to feather, starting out with normal looking blooms b4 they finally get
around to feathering.
Congrats on your new grandson.!!!
Last yr all my speckleds opened fully but I might have had some that didn't fully open in past yrs.

George Strait

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie, I love your GS. So good to see that you are getting lots of blooms. Glad you had some more rain, we had a thuntherstorm yesterday evening too and a cold front this morning.
It feels great.

Ronnie pretty pink hige. I also found that the pink speckled have been small blooms for me and the higes take forever to bloom.

By chance yesterday I spotted a wild mg growing just a little NW of here, I stopped to see the blooms (a little bigger than the ones I saw in town). They had more white with pink edges and inside the throat was pink. The grass there was pretty tall so I didn't find the root vine but took several cuttings to try to see if I can root it. I want to take my camera and take pictures but feel a little too tired this morning but I don't go that way too often.

Chocolate bloom this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

thats a beautiful photo and abeautiful blom, Helena. See if you can get some seeds of the wild form for me PLz>?

Helena, I agree with Debra, a lovely chocolate bloom.
I have a wild pink blooming on my fence. It is tiny and it closes so early, I couldn;t get a pic this morning
before it closed.

Fuji no Beni, not a sd pod in sight.

Aogakiyama x Choc Silk??

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie. I'll try to go by and see if there are any seeds on that wild mg. I forgot to look this morning at the cuttings I took and surprised to see 3 blooms on them. Not as big as in the street. They were still open close to noon. Not a good picture but you can get an idea of what the blooms look like.

Also missed Q1298 bloom this morning.

Pretty nice blooms Jackie. Nice colors.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, your Q1298 makes lovely blooms Its blooms can vary right??

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Helena Q1298 is a real looker!!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Ronnie. Yes Q1298 has blooms that vary, it started with blue-purple stripes and blooms like the ones above. Kind of remind me of the tie dyes.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I'm back.
Well, I've gotten about 6 blooms so far. Sounds pretty pitiful but we just didn't get any hot weather this Summer. I know all you guys are just "Oh, poor baby, didn't have to roast like the rest of us". But . . . I still have hope for next year. I have had several people tell me they have those "invasive" morning glories in their gardens and I should have no trouble getting them established. I do love to look at your pictures, maybe next year I'll have some to share with you.
Dee

Gautier, MS

Dee, sorry to hear that you're not getting the blooms you were hoping for. Surprisingly in the past years I've gotten blooms here on some pretty cool mornings. They might be a bit smaller but still pretty nice. Maybe purpureas might do better for you. It's gotten cool here now, pretty nice since we did roast during the summer.

A nice blue star and a Kikyo (sp)I think, and a purpurea. This pink one was disappointed with small bloom but I do like the leaves.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Sorry your vines did not do well for you Dee. Maybe next yr will be better. As Helena said, the purpureas
might do better for you there.My purps are
loving the cooler temps

Helena, gorgeous blooms. The Blue Star is to die for.

Pretty Saz
Transvaal
Pale Blue Silk

Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Jackie. Love all of them, the Transvaal makes such neat leaves that it came be grown just for the foliage.

Thanks Helena. I'm so happy to have transvaal blooming and looks like sd pods are forming.

Purple George Strait

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks too Jackie. Travaal also has those neat orange seeds. Pretty purple George Strait.

I have a few buds forming, just not sure if they'll be ready tomorrow.

loving the colors here, you all. Dee, maybe some stripes and opals of Jaimie lynn and shibouri would be good for you there?
I LOVE GS, Helena.
Also love the tranvaal.. Jackie.
here is blue silk from you..
cool speckles and stripes?
setosa and bee butt
sunsmiles?
pink ray from helena?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love your blooms Debra. Your Blue Silk is very light like mine.I don't know why they're so light but I
like them anyway.
Pretty little Purple Sunsmiles
The Pink Ray from Helena is a beauty.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I had a chocolate silk and a sunrise serenade bloom today. The ones I planted in the ground are doing nothing but the ones in the gallon pots are much happier. Maybe they like the richer soil? I have a few now that are about one foot tall and looking like they will bloom. I even have a moonflower that I may get a bloom on. I also have some perennial ones, a purple/pink and a white bush type.
They haven't bloomed but I have a much better chance of getting blooms next year with them. I also have a perennial "blue dawn" MG, unfortunately it has climbed an oak tree and we seldom see a bloom.

Thanks, Jackie. SItting here watching the little hummer hit all the orange noahs right now is such a joy before going to work. between the little orange flowers, the big pink setosas, and the jaimie lynns and shibouris upon the arbor, it is a loverly sight.

Dee, I know the blue dawn is gorgeous, I hope you get to see it bloom soon.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. I love your blue silk and pink rayed and the speckled and purples are really nice too.

Dee, I do believe that they like good soil in pots. Before I decided to plant mine in the ground last couple of years, I grew them in gallon pots with good soil. Then when they getting too big for the pots, I planted in the ground. I didn't baby them and there was no transplanting shock either. They did fine. If I decide to just grow in pots though I'm going to use my giant pots. They do need more water when growing in pots.

Had Star of India bloom, Not sure if this is from Black King or not.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the advice. I can't imagine they are going to do much more this year but I have like a dozen going in pots so I think I'll try planting the larger ones in the ground. I didn't sell a one at my "plant sales", people recognize them and state they are invasive, I should be so lucky, LOL.

Helena, nice to see pretty Blue Star of India. One of my favorites.

Your other bloom does look like Black King, beautiful color.

Milky Way, a purpurea

More Purps

Purple George Strait.... I'll keep these sds separate from the other George Strait

This message was edited Sep 11, 2012 10:30 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, yep I checked the label it's Black. The white center in the pic made me dought but it more mauve in the bloom.

Love your blooms Jackie. That is a nice purple for S T.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice George Strait Jackie!
Helena I really like the Black King! I just purchased some an may grow them inside over the winter.

Thanks Helena and Ronnie.

love the Star of India Helena,.and BK is gorgeous as usual. Isn't it interesting to see the color variations on GS?.I love purpps, yours are pretty Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ronnie and Debra. I do like the blooms on Black King, some have been very nice. Ronnie you will love growing it.

I hope to compare Hatsu Arashi with Berlin Blue, they seem very similar. Of coarse Star of India is pretty nice.

#1 Shibori x gray lady, silver shadow and BK
#2 Hatsu Arashi

Thanks Debra. I've really enjoyed the purps this yr. The different colored blooms on George Strait just
amazes me.

Helena, love your blooms this morning.

Looks like a Youjiro in the lg tub out back.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Somehow I missed the links for the new rooms. Love all the blooms everyone!

Tree MG open this morning

Aogakiyama x Choc Silk, not as pretty as the blooms it made last week

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

still pretty, Jackie... my tree mg is about to bloom! Hope the 50 degrees tonight doesn't stop it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.