CLOSED: DJ9'S FALL SEPT 2012 PLANT SWAP SHOW & TELL

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Minnesippi, I'm sorry you have back problems. My DH is in constant pain so I know how bad it can be. If you can't make the deadline of the 24th, then just hold off until I dmail you that I am in Cocoa Beach, and you can send to me there.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I should be able to make the deadline. I can get out there tonight and Sunday evening

Cutlerville, MI

Hey WWKathy;
Did yo get your package yet? I hope so! Ohhhh i can't wait to get mine:)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Good morning!

My car has been the shop for two weeks finally got it back yesterday afternoon so I can finish up Dianne's box and get it out to her tomorrow -

I received Dianne's box on Friday and here is what I got!

Several magazines of Alabama and Alabama Funny Pages - really interesting stuff!
a spiral bond notebook - always need these to keep track of trades
Postcards of the area and some of Dianne's favorite wildflower seeds - I'll have to try these
A confederate jasmine cutting to remind me of Alabama's role in the Confederacy
A beautiful wooden box "Live Laugh Love"
A lovely note explaining the contents and their meaning
Some yummy homemade pear relish - hubby wants some with dinner tonight

Thanks Dianne!

Thumbnail by CheerMom
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Sue Are you sure you Posted on the right forum your PARTNER Here was CHELLFLOWER & For Plants ???? Nice Box but I Don't think it goes here :) HEHE

Please POST HERE If your going to get your BOXES Out BY MONDAY SEPT 24th SO I Can CLose this forum BY The 30th.
ALSO If YOU HAVE REC"D Your BOXES PLEASE LET US SEE WHAT YOU REC"D .

I Have lots of clean up to get done weather is turning colder faster then i want it too .
ya all have a great day OH ANYONE Tell me what this plant might be ??

THERE IS 2 TYPE OF PLANTS BUT THEY LOOK SIMULAR
#2 IS MUCH TALLER . THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A MISSIOUR PRIMROSE BUT THISIS TALL

BACK LATER
SUSIE

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

HERE IS ONE MORE PLANT

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Elk Horn, KY

Deejay
#2 is what i know as Missouri Primrose
#1 in 2post looks like amaranth

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll be mailing my buddy's box today...sorry I've been MIA -- been really busy at work and prepping for Fall. But I've got most of the gardens weeded/mulched and the pond cleaned up (also evicted 3 doz. frogs...but of course, by the next day most were back in there swimming! LOL)
Fruity, I'll Dmail with conf. # when I get back from the PO.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Chell, this is Susie's swap so D-mail the confirmation numbers to her.

Susie, second pic in your second post with purple blooms looks like Henbit, a weed at least to me. It it's not Henbit, your plant still has square stems and is in the Mint family. Hubs fights Henbit in our driveway all the time.

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

Soryy Fruity & Deejay, got my swaps mixed up (was kinda addle-brained this morning, LOL).
I DID get the box mailed to the correct person though. Dmailing you the conf. # Deejay.
thanks!
Chell

evening all Well its true Fall is Here I Also been Mulching & Pulling weeds time for a shower & My super but just wanted to thank you all for A great swap this season & Apoligize (MS) for being scatter brained at times with caring for daddy & His passing , you all were wonderful in helping me get through this season .

I sure am looking forward to all my NEW Blooms Next season & hope that you all will enjoy some of my FAV"S From my gardens .

Would you all like to do a Fall BuLB SWAP For OCT ???? if so i will open a thread TOMORROW :))))
Good Night all

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I wrote a long post about how addle-brained I was and posted on the wrong thread -wonder where I posted THAT LOL!

Anyway, I'll be getting my partner's box out tomorrow hopefully, playing catch-up from not having my car for so long!

Sue G

Jamestown, OH

Diamond and I exchanged our boxes the 3rd wk. of Sept. Sorry I don't have pictures of mine, but I rec'd some nice Sedums - Matrona, Autumn Joy, and Striped. I planted all 3 in the same bed on the S.W. side of our house. I think it will be a good spot for them. I also got Helenium which went into a round bed in the side yard with iris and peonies, and the pink Hardy Hibiscus is planted in a sheltered place on the S. side of the house. We also exchanged some seeds. Anita sent me Blackberry Lily, Green Envy Echinacea, and Burgundy & Vanilla Scabiosa.

Thanks for a FUN trade! I'm really looking forward to my new additions.

TY MWFW: For Letting me know .

I Just Got BACK FROM "PAT"S" Many of you Know her as The DAHLIA Lady I Have my Order in My Ribbon's are tied around about 20 + plants I don't know how that lady dose it she has 1000's of bulbs planted in Her fields & are just Beauty ful.
wish I Would have had my camera with me but I didn't . But i still have my memory of them :)))

well back to the gardens BBL

AHOOGSTRA---WWKATHY
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D
CHELLFLOWER---CHEERMOM
FOTV ----STRANG2U
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
-MITTSY

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Post man never picked up yesterday - dropped mail, but didnt get my package! :/ I dropped it at the PO tonight. On its way Mittsy!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

When I opened my box from Chell I felt like you must feel when you win big at Bingo Susie ----- JACKPOT!!!

Here is what I got:

Echevaria - 2
Red Shrimp Plant - Yay! One of my "most wanted"!!!
Hoya "Crinkles" - almost bought this one the other day - glad I didn't!
Kalanchoe - 2
Hoya - a bigger one
Kalanchoe "Flaming Katy"
Zebra Aloe
Golden Sedum
Echevaria Harmiis
Kalanchoe Scallops
Spider Plant
Boston Fern
another Hoya

It's as if you answered all my wishes, Chell, I had just been wishing that I had more smaller plants to fill my empty pots on my patio and now I do - thanks so much - you could not have done any better!

Sue G

Thumbnail by CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Oh!

And the stained glass candleshade - Chell did you make that yourself? It's beautiful and so creative!

Thank you so much!

Sue G

I Want a Red Shrimp Plant - OH They are such a cool plant Guess I will have to wait till I Can retire in My OLD Age to A warmer Climate :)
that is a cool Box Thank you SUEG For sharing with us .

NOW KATHY OH KATHY WHERE ARE YOU ????? Just checking if you have your box open yet can you Let us KNOW Please??

AHOOGSTRA--- ???
WWKATHY---???
MITTSY----?????
CHELLFLOWER-????
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV ----STRANG2U
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D

My box was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Here are the pictures of the plants I received from minnesippi (Stephanie)
1. noid peony
2. phlox flame white
3. rhodie shrub
4. salvia east friesland
5. coreopsis moonbeam
6. purple beebalm

These are all plants that are new to me. Thank you so much, Stephanie, I'll have fun deciding where each will be planted in the gardens. A big thank you to you, too Susie, another great swap as usual.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Wow Nice Mittsy & I also wanted to let you know I have all the Jap IRISES you Shared with me all in there new Home & Fingers crossed I Can Grow them here thank you for sharing
well off for my BD & Hoping to hit a few Sales today :)

AHOOGSTRA--- ???
WWKATHY---REC:D ---Need PIC
MITTSY----REC"D
CHELLFLOWER----????
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV --REC"D
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I couldnt believe the rhodie was "blooming". I picked up two of them myself. I decided to go "new" plants for the most part because everything in my yard is done or beyond :/ The peony and beebalm were from my gardens, but as you can see, the rest were purchased. Hope they all made it okay and glad they arrived before you went south.

I just love that you sent white flowers as they will go in my mom's white garden.

Cutlerville, MI

Awesome box Mittsy! It sounds like everyone is having a great swap! Looking forward to mine too!

Yes it does, Alicia.

Susie, I haven't received Paul's box yet. (Edited to clarify.)

Very nice selections, Steph. You're going to especially love the Rhodie, Mittsy.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2012 7:14 PM

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

Cheermom/Sue, I'm so glad you liked the box sent. I did make the candle lampshade...I used to make stained glass back when I had the workspace and time, LOL. The lampshades also look cute on a mason jar terarrium ( I would have sent a candle, but they melt & leak in the heat= messy box).

I recieved my box from Cheermom/Sue yesterday. She sent a boxful of nice goodies...
watsonia -orange, caladium, peruvian daffodils, a large moses in the boat, pink tropical hibiscus, and irises (pink embroidery, puccini & veined velocaraptor). Thanks Sue for a great box, esp. the irises, hibiscus & peruvian daffs!

Deejay, Dmail me your addy & I'll root & send you some of the shrimp plants ;)
Thanks for hosting another awesome swap...looking forward to the next one!

Thumbnail by chellflower

strange2u / Paul --- can you tell Tell us what all you rec'd in your box from FRUITY ???? & Has your box gone out this week ????
Chell : did you say you rec'd ???

Fruity : Look see the Asiatic Lily That BLOOMED A Few days ago Strange HUNN ::??? Can't think of name now But there is another one about to Bloom .

Well I have carolyn my Neighbor here for the night so off to Have a PJ Party :))) I Promised her :) ya all have a great weekend .

AHOOGSTRA--- ???
WWKATHY---REC:D ---Need PIC
MITTSY----REC"D
CHELLFLOWER---REC:D
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV ----???????
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D

This message was edited Sep 28, 2012 7:45 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Chell, what you thought were iris's were actually daylilies - should have marked them better, hope you were happy - I sure am and your plants are all happy in their new homes.
Really added to my blank spots on my patio.

Well our mid 90's degree temps only lasted a couple of days - back to 100 and 101 --- to say I am tired of this is an understatement!

At least the mornings are cooler.

Sue G

HEY ALL NEW SWAP FOR BULBS IS OPEN come check us out
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282221/

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

Quote from CheerMom :
Chell, what you thought were iris's were actually daylilies - should have marked them better, hope you were happy - I sure am and your plants are all happy in their new homes.
Really added to my blank spots on my patio.

Well our mid 90's degree temps only lasted a couple of days - back to 100 and 101 --- to say I am tired of this is an understatement!

At least the mornings are cooler.

Sue G

I don't know why I typed the word 'irises'.....I knew they were daylilies-had just finished looking up the varieties onlline......just having a 'duh' moment, LOL. I like that they're fragrant types, and my son just loves the velociraptor.
thanks, Chell

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

Deejay, yes I did recieve. Thanks.

GEE Looking good everyone :)
Just waiting for the Grass to dry so I Can get outside & Pay Just a few More days Before the Temps are going to Drop .

Our trees are starting to turn very color full so you know fall is in the air .Wellwas Just reading our Local News paper another classmate has passed so off to inform others who do not get our paper ya all have a great day .

I Have been enformed that our last two Boxes have been mailed & Should Arrive by Mon-Tues :)))

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm soo sorry...here I am...

Look at the goodies I recieved from ahoogstra: The cutest little dragonfly candle holder, just LOVE it!!!!
Plants: Hosta 'Golden Tiara', Hosta lancifolia, Hosta 'A Many Splendored Thing', Hemerocalis 'Hello Yellow', Hemerocalis 'Rumble Seat Romance', Hemerocalis 'Uncle Brian', Hemerocalis 'Strawberry Feilds Forever', 1unnamed hemerocalis (Did I loose the tag?), Geranium bloody cranesbill, Achillea 'Coronation Gold'.

Thankyou sooo much, yeah...Hems. and Hostas, and both of the other plants were on on my replacement list (in my head), lol....how did you know????? Your box will arrive tomorrow.......Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

ty kathy for sharing the pic that is a nice variety Love the bee to cute .

AHOOGSTRA--- ??? in the mail
WWKATHY---REC:D
MITTSY----REC"D
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV ----??????? in the mail
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D

Cutlerville, MI

Hey kathy...Big Apple is your last daylily:) Sorry, found the list I sent you!
Alicia

Great looking plants, Chell, and Hems and Hos there, Kathy!

No leaves are changing here yet that I've noticed except Sycamore, Maples and Dogwoods. Won't be long before the grand show with our cooler nights.

These are the excellent plants I received today from my September buddy, strange2u.

Absinthe - Artemisia absinthium, Mugwort
CANNA indica var. maculata
CANNA Cherry Red
CANNA (mystery -- can grow up to 12) ' Do you recall the color of the blooms?
COLOCASIA antiquorum 'Illustris' --> beautiful leaves
MUSA acuminata 'Dwarf Cavendish Banana' --> really wanted

Everything arrived in great healthy shape. All these will be assets to my gardens, Paul. Thanks for a great job and for trading with me this month!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Nice fruity :)
nOW WE HAVE ONE MORE BOX LANDING & i BET IT MIGHT HAVE & sHE IS BUSY PLANTING OR POTTING :)))
See Alicia I Told you to take more Pots :) HEHEHEH

AHOOGSTRA--- ??? in the mail
WWKATHY---REC:D
MITTSY----REC"D
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV --------REC'D
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D

They're all nice and you know what a Canna nut I am.

Fruity Is NUTTY Over CANNA"S

Cutlerville, MI

Here goes..everyone ready...WWKATHY completely spoiled me! Atleast 5 different cuttings of Clematis (wish me luck on rooting them) if anyone has tips PLEASE let me know! Coreopsis 'Sunray" x2, Perennial Flax,Centaurea "rocky mountain blue",x 2 "amathyst in snow", a small "alba", "yellow pincusion" plant,
Dianthus "Zing" a creeping pink, and A TON of iris!
Oh yeah...I am spoiled:)
Thank you agan Kathy!
Have a great night my gardening friends!
Alicia

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.